I cannot delete my own forum posts

My Razer Naga mouse seems to be slightly defective in that oftentimes when I click one of the two primary buttons, it will double-click. This is ordinarily not a problem, considering the price and age of this mouse.... but the problem is terrible on these forums, where it seems like every third post I make winds up inadvertently and unintentionally duplicated. I'd like to delete these posts myself, but every time I try to (by clicking the Delete Now checkbox and then the button) I am taken to a page that claims I do not have permission to access this. The feature mentions potential causes as being suspended or having an unactivated account, but my account is already activated. 

I've tried logging out and in again, but I just get the same page. Most of the time, when my mouse would act out, the "You have already posted this reply to this topic" system would catch the extra post for me, but lately it hasn't been.

I'd like to be able to delete my own errant double-posts so that a mod doesn't infract or ban me. I am aware that I simply could use another mouse, but I would prefer to use the Naga due to its high DPI and extra buttons (the latter of which I rely on in gaming due to an issue with the muscles in my hand.) I will use a different mouse for the forum if I have to, but having to plug and or re-pair mice several times a day would get tedious after a while. (I am using the mouse Apple provided me with to post this thread.)

My Razer Naga mouse seems to be slightly defective in that oftentimes when I click one of the two primary buttons, it will double-click. This is ordinarily not a problem, considering the price and age of this mouse.... but the problem is terrible on these forums, where it seems like every third post I make winds up inadvertently and unintentionally duplicated. I'd like to delete these posts myself, but every time I try to (by clicking the Delete Now checkbox and then the button) I am taken to a page that claims I do not have permission to access this. The feature mentions potential causes as being suspended or having an unactivated account, but my account is already activated. 

I've tried logging out and in again, but I just get the same page. Most of the time, when my mouse would act out, the "You have already posted this reply to this topic" system would catch the extra post for me, but lately it hasn't been.

I'd like to be able to delete my own errant double-posts so that a mod doesn't infract or ban me. I am aware that I simply could use another mouse, but I would prefer to use the Naga due to its high DPI and extra buttons (the latter of which I rely on in gaming due to an issue with the muscles in my hand.) I will use a different mouse for the forum if I have to, but having to plug and or re-pair mice several times a day would get tedious after a while. (I am using the mouse Apple provided me with to post this thread.)

A little off topic, but I have the same issue with my Razer Mamba...

Only mods have the ability to delete posts, and that won't be changing anytime in the future unfortunately. We recognize that double posts happen from time to time on accident and never fault anyone for it so no worries 8-) . We'll either catch it and quietly delete it, or you can edit the second post to something like "-delete this please-" and report it (we always see reported posts very easily) and then we'll fix it for you. You won't ever be penalized for accidents like that though.

Edit: Also, most back to back posts get auto-merged into one post by the forum itself. So you can -usually- edit the post and get rid of the double post that way without any help from a mod.

Thanks for the responses. The only reason I worried was that it tended to happen a lot given the erratic hardware behavior (but it should drop off because I'm using a different mouse for the time being.)

Out of curiosity, is the merging of posts the "You have already posted this reply to this thread" feature, or does it happen behind the scenes at some point?

In response to doctorgalactic and LeCard, I don't think it's a driver issue. Some people have reported that updating or reinstalling the drivers does help in some cases, but it's more likely a hardware issue. I'm on a Mac and did not install the Mac drivers, which are more like a utility and not exactly needed to make the mouse work. I have used them in the past but had a hardware issue a few months ago and removed the drivers just to make sure it wasn't a software issue.

Razer mice apparently are extremely susceptible to getting foreign matter under the buttons--mine accumulates some kind of dusty debris that seeps into the slits in the chassis. It's always perplexed me because I usually keep my hands clean. For most people, blowing out the mouse with compressed air helps (I don't have any, though).

The second and more invasive solution is to actually open the mouse up (Naga have rubber feet on the bottom--move them and you see screws) and clean the contacts. For some users, the actual plastic clicking mechanism has worn down from use; I've read that people remedy this by using wax or superglue to reseal/rebuild the plastic part.

I'm not really a hardware person and lack the dexterity to do that. A lot of people just RMA the mice, as apparently Razer has a 2 year warranty... but the last time I RMA'd something (RAM) it was quite the pain.

The merging of posts basically works like this: If the author of the previous post makes another post within 15 minutes before anyone else has responded, the two posts will be merged and separated by a horizontal line. This happens whether the content of the posts are the same or not. It's something that will likely be disabled in the future when the forum activity calms down post-launch.

The merging of posts basically works like this: If the author of the previous post makes another post within 15 minutes before anyone else has responded, the two posts will be merged and separated by a horizontal line.

... Good to know. xD Now I feel like I need to go delete sections of RP threads I posted and wait 15 minutes... just so I can coherently separate sections. Blargh!