LF RP Partners [Balmung]

Chris

Hey, so as the topic says, I'm looking for steady RP partners. I'm loving the game so far but my experience with RP in FFXIV seems to be lacking which is a tad upsetting. The only character I have is C'vah Nunh, a Miqo'te Seeker. Feel free to add me in-game or message/reply here and we can arrange something!

I see this problem all the time. There are always people, usually newcomers, who struggle to "find" RP. There are a lot of reasons for this and I have a wall of text post I could make here, but I don't want to take your thread in a direction you may not want to take it. So do you want me to post my wall of text advice post here, or in a separate thread? 8-)

I see this problem all the time. There are always people, usually newcomers, who struggle to "find" RP. There are a lot of reasons for this and I have a wall of text post I could make here, but I don't want to take your thread in a direction you may not want to take it. So do you want me to post my wall of text advice post here, or in a separate thread? 8-)

I wouldn't mind it if you would be so kind. ^^

Well, as for me, if you're looking for (this applies to everyone reading this) RP with me, don't be afraid to add:

Lost River, Lucinne Jandalaine, or Orella Blackthorne. Add all three, got to collect them all!

I might make a special LS for Lost and not a FC, as it's something else more 'secretive'.

The Catalyst Project. :3 Everyone gets amazing black linkpearls!

Well, as for me, if you're looking for (this applies to everyone reading this) RP with me, don't be afraid to add:

Lost River, Lucinne Jandalaine, or Orella Blackthorne. Add all three, got to collect them all!

I might make a special LS for Lost and not a FC, as it's something else more 'secretive'.

Tell me more! :D

Tell me more! :D

The Catalyst Project is simple, really. You take a sentient (non-monstrous but more manipulative voidsent) such as like the one in the THM story. But instead of letting them possess you, you merge with them. It destroys their semblance of sentient thought, you gain extra aetheric power, but the side effects is it colors your personality to a different shade, makes you grow a little more 'mad' and in some cases, mutates your physical form. Generally eye color turning to red is the first indication.

You basically consume the voidsent to gain it's power. :3 It being a Catalyst as it's the first part of the transformation. It's a power grab to gain the power of old Black Mages... and of course, meteor, meteor, meteor.

I was open world rping last night, someone who had died, and was lying unconscious near us, whispered me expressing how thankful he was to have overheard our conversation xD

The funny thing is, me and my rp buddy were both healers, and could have helped him with his unconscious problem!

Open world RP is rare. Your best bet is to seek out Linkshells, ask for RP in shout, or go to public spaces (such as a tavern in any starter town). If you find open world rp, its likely to be there.

In my last game, I ran improv/rp classes for beginners, and even did some of that here during beta. I may take that up again starting this weekend. Send /tell to Isielin Danar'i if interested (i'm on most weeknights) and I'll certainly host gatherings with the express intent on trying to help others learn rp, and make rp connections <3

I wouldn't call it all that rare... that or I just have uncanny luck in coming across groups doing just open rp. I know the free company I'm in, all of our group sessions are more or less open. I mainly see them around towns or quest hubs though.

I'd certainly be willing to RP with you C'vah~ It's quite possible Koyu was part of your original Tribe. He was originally part of the Coeurl tribe, but he was kicked out and stripped of the name.

BUT As onto the topic of 'can't find RP' it's extremely true. Most of the RP I've done has been between a select handful of people and we usually keep it to party chat (Mainly because I'm too busy weaving to move.) Occasionally we fan out, but we often try to go off the beaten track. It's extremely rare for me to RP in Major Cities, namely because I don't enjoy spamming other people's chat who might not even know what RP is!

POINT IN FACT; Walk up RP is extremely hard to come by right now, so I'd suggest making friends, or slapping yourself in Linkshells! And this thread is a step in the right direction!

...But yeah I'm Koyu Tia. Poke me if you're bored~ :sleepy:

Hey hey Coeurls! Of course I'd be willing to roleplay with you, :). We may be from different branches, but we're held together by the same common threads! I'm C'io Behkt in game, and I'll be working on my wiki page soon now that I've gathered enough data from the game's quests/npcs/stories.

As for why RP is or isn't out in the open world, I don't think it has much to do with people preferring to use Party or LS to RP. Given how new the game and the content is, my hypothesis (and experience) is that everyone right now is throwing themselves at the game mechanics to 1) learn the world (like me) and 2) play the game they put money into (like me).

Something I've learned about the roleplayers of this game is that they are also consummate gamers, so they're very proud of their PVE achievements and very invested in refining/honing the talents that earn them those accolades. Once the initial rush of gameplay slows down and schedules settle, I think we'll see a lot more RP around. I'm already beginning to see it, actually. In fact, I ran into a group of Knights of the Twelve the other day (sadly, I had to go to work, so I couldn't join in) doing introductions on /say, and I'm seeing more -walking- in the major cities and out on the roads in low-level zones. Even the gala last weekend? I've never, in any game, seen such a turn out, which speaks volumes of the vast quantity of people we have out there on the server (3 whole Intermissions full+++)!

So if I was to speculate, those are my reasons for why you haven't found much RP -yet- and why you'll soon begin to see more and more of it soon.

Hey hey Coeurls! Of course I'd be willing to roleplay with you, :). We may be from different branches, but we're held together by the same common threads! I'm C'io Behkt in game, and I'll be working on my wiki page soon now that I've gathered enough data from the game's quests/npcs/stories.

As for why RP is or isn't out in the open world, I don't think it has much to do with people preferring to use Party or LS to RP. Given how new the game and the content is, my hypothesis (and experience) is that everyone right now is throwing themselves at the game mechanics to 1) learn the world (like me) and 2) play the game they put money into (like me).

Something I've learned about the roleplayers of this game is that they are also consummate gamers, so they're very proud of their PVE achievements and very invested in refining/honing the talents that earn them those accolades. Once the initial rush of gameplay slows down and schedules settle, I think we'll see a lot more RP around. I'm already beginning to see it, actually. In fact, I ran into a group of Knights of the Twelve the other day (sadly, I had to go to work, so I couldn't join in) doing introductions on /say, and I'm seeing more -walking- in the major cities and out on the roads in low-level zones. Even the gala last weekend? I've never, in any game, seen such a turn out, which speaks volumes of the vast quantity of people we have out there on the server (3 whole Intermissions full+++)!

So if I was to speculate, those are my reasons for why you haven't found much RP -yet- and why you'll soon begin to see more and more of it soon.

Alllll of this. I'm certainly more focused on crafting right now than I am on RPing... I suspect I'll probably wind up maxing all the crafts to 50 before I start actively -searching- for RP. But, I'll never turn it down if it crops up!