Back to Gridania (Open RP)

Feel free to join in at any point, even if the caravan is moving, feel free to have it stop along the road to pick your character up if you want to join in.

553x292http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s534/Melisa_Sider/morning_zps787ac3d6.png[/img]

The orange and yellow glow from the sun had just barely begun to paint the sky as a young Miqo'te, dressed in blue walked forth from the gates of Ul'dah towards a small cart waiting nearby. The soft 'kweh' of chocobos as they shook their feathers and munched on some gyshal greens, preparing for the days trip.

Kieaira yawned softly, closing her pale blue eyes with a slight wince as the sun started to climb slowly into the sky. So bright... She stretched, placing a small brown satchel onto the ground, a soft sigh escaped her lips as she looked back towards the city. She had met some nice people here, and was a bit saddened that she could not stay longer, but she hoped she would meet them again someday.

With another soft yawn, she raised a hand to her eyes to block out the glare from the sun as she looked towards the cart to see what other travelers would be accompanying her on her trip from Ul'dah back to Gridania.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clavier stood with his back pressed into the cart - seemingly conversing with the driver of the cart. A laugh escaped Clavier in the midst of the mumbling between the two men, his attire consisting of the same leather jacket and hemp shirt as she would've witnessed him with before. The only clear difference would be the bow hanging over his shoulder.

His eyes shifting to look at the Miqo'te as she arrived in the vicinity, easily following her arrival up by waving almost happily in her direction before returning his attention to the driver that stood before him.

Kieaira nods her head in Claviers direction. So he came ... this should be interesting. She glanced back towards the gate, part of her wishing to see the furry nose of the carbuncle she had grown so fond of, but when she didn't see it right away, she looked back to the cart. She picked up her bag, heaving it onto her shoulder as she walked over, her tail swaying behind her as she walked.

"Good morning." She smiled, still feeling a bit nervous around this stranger, she hoped a few more people would show up for the trip, she didn't think he was dangerous, but it was always safer to travel in a group, who knows what sort of beasts they could run into on the road. She slid a hand along her belt, checking her pouches to make sure they were still where they should be, they were, of course.

"We'll be heading out in about thirty minutes." The cart driver, a young hyur male with blonde hair and blue eyes nodded at the two, leaving them to check on the Chocobo's and the other cargo. Kieaira shifted her weight onto her right leg, bringing one hand to rub at her arm nervously, unsure of what to say, she looked up at him and let out a soft nervous chuckle, wishing there were others around to help break the tension. She looked back towards the gate once more to see if anyone would be joining them.

A swirl of dust passes over the male Hyur as he lies partially on dirt and the other half being a worn sleep-sack. His face slightly winces and twitches at the offending trail of dirt, though still not yet disturbed enough to wake up—then the glaring amber rays of the rising sun began their assault. His body rolls over in staunch defiance of the oncoming wave of morning. Unfortunately, his valiant effort to hold back the barrage of lux was made in vain. A defeated groan was let loose as he surrenders to the morning before he staggers upwards onto his feet.

“I yield. I yield. Just…enough with the rising,” he mutters while his hands dust off the sand that clung to his clothes, “wait.” He pauses in half-motion with eyes that dart rapidly left to right as if trying to remember something. Then he remembered. Tobias rips off into a dash towards the bottom of the waterfall nearby, grabbing his pack and stripping away the articles of clothing as he gets closer towards the water in each step, leaving a short trail behind him before he dives into the half-expectedly cold water. The unexpected half was the glorious sensation of icicles stabbing into his flesh simultaneously after he underestimates how icy the water would be.

“You’re late!” the blonde haired, blue eyed Hyur protests.

“Thank you, I know.” the glistening haired Hyur responds flatly.

“Wait, are you wet?”

“My clothes are just damp…”

“Why are you wet?”

“Can you please tell me where I need to move the ca—“ Tobias gets cut-off before he can retort.

“You’re dripping everywhere!”

“I have yet to remove the excess water from my hai—“

“But your clothes!”

“I told you they are merely damp. Slightly so at that. Further, we are in the desert, I think it is safe to believe they will dry before l—“

“Did you have a run in with a Water Sprite?” Blondie-Blue chuckles at his own joke, to which Tobias responds with a raised brow that accentuates an already unamused expression. The driver clears his throat, “Right then, you can start moving those crates. There’s just a few left, I loaded most of them already. We leave in a bit.”

The Hyur sets off to finish what the driver started, but as he begins to make his way over to the cargo, he hears the nervous chuckle of a young woman. Eyes the color of dark charcoal rest on the sight of Kiearia. If she were to catch his gaze, their eyes would meet and linger for a moment before a small smile would be presented to the Miqo'te girl. Either way, Tobias, with strands still moist and the color of a raven’s feather, would go back to the task at hand.

His gaze shifted over to her as the cart driver stepped away from the conversation to check up on the chocobo's. "Good morning, Kie.", the vocal greeting with a light bow as a form of respect. "You shouldn't worry none of the people that travel between Ul'dah and Gridania have no intrest in gil. Bandits on the other hand. So how are you a feeling?". A smile forming on his lips as he spins two gil coins inbetween his fingers while keeping his attention focused upon the Miqo'te infront of him.

"I've not a clue how anyone can live here..." A dark skinned miqo'te mumbled as he passed through the gates of Ul'dah. Heavy green eyes set upon the horizon, lids narrowing as the rising sun caught his gaze, forcing him to squint. "Bloody ridiculous this place is..." He adjusted the spear attached to his back, fitting it more comfortably to his form before rolling both shoulders. 

"Oh come now Daca'li," a female lalafel in yellow said as she trotted along side him, lightly patting his leg to console him further. "It's not so bad. You could use a little sun! You Keeper's are all so glum and pale; a little light would do ya good!" 

"Feh, I'm no Seeker Ruruho...the only thing enjoyable about this trip was seeing you again, old friend." Ruruho chuckles before lightly punching his leg, turning her head up to give him that signature grin of her's.

"Ahhh shut up, Daca'li. Your flattery will get you nowhere with me, sir! You're still buying my wares at normal price!" Daca'li's ear's sank as he turned to face her, hands setting upon his waist. 

"Damn, and here I thought all these years of flattery were doing me good. Now I have to find a new strategy." Daca'li exchanged her own grin with one of his own. His eyes shifted out to the caravan that stood outside the city awaiting those that were employed; he was happy to see others, to travel alone was never wise when transporting goods. 

"Is that the caravan?" Ruruho spoke as she blew a strand of hair from her eye.

"Indeed it is, Ruruho. This is where we part ways," Daca'li said as he turned his gaze to the lalafel, kneeling down to set a hand upon her shoulder. "Thank you again for the new armour, Ruruho. I'm not too used to walking around in metal, but I'm sure I'll manage. Your craftsmanship is impeccable, as usual, and you even fashioned it into my favourite colour."

Ruruho grinned, "heh, I figured you might like that. I know you aren't into the cosmetics of armour, but I thought you might like a little more blue in your life," she winks, "keep good care of it. I poured my soul into that armour! You best be takin' care of it!" Daca'li smirked before patting her shoulder once more.

"Of course, Ruruho. I'll come back to you if I need repairs."

"Good! Now, get goin'! You've got a job to do." Daca'li nodded before standing straight, adjusting his spear once more before turning to take a few steps toward the caravan. 

"'till next time, Ruruho." With that, Daca'li walked away, walking alongside the caravan to greet all those present with a nod. His eyes fell upon the miqo'te first, offering a small wave. His eyes shift to the male Hyur, Tobias, and Clavier next; he offered them the same gesture. 

Kieaira gently wrapped her arms around her chest in a comforting embrace as she rocked back onto her heels, her ears twitching at the sound of voices and she looked towards the cart driver and what appeared to be some sort of hired help. Her pale blue eyes looked almost white in the dim light of dawn as they locked with the Hyur male, and her cheeks flushed as she quickly turned away, placing her attention once more on  Clavier, whom she had met the previous night.

She gently but down on her lower lip, and closed her eyes taking in a few deep breaths to calm her nerves, her card reading from the previous day coming to mind. Confront your past... and perhaps you can get over this shy, awkwardness ... Maybe? She doubted herself, and wrinkled her nose in distaste as she opened her eyes once more.

"Bandits?" She squeaked softly as her ears pricked up, Clavier had been speaking to her, and she had only just caught the end of it. "Wh-Where?" She looked around, ivory strands of hair falling across her pale face, cheeks still a slight shade of pink as the sun climbed higher into the sky, it was almost time to head out.

She let out another small squeak as her eyes landed on the other Miqo'te. "A bandit?!" She gasped, shuffling a bit away, before pausing to take a hard look at the male, and breathing a small sigh of relief. Keeper. She nodded to herself, but still felt uncomfortable, as she reached down to pick up her bag, heading towards the back of the cart, trying to hide herself from the others.

Daca'li's eyes snapped over toward the female, his eyes narrowing some at the mention of a bandit. 'A bandit?! We're so close to--' Daca'li's thoughts came to an abrupt halt once he realised that there wasn't a bandit in sight. The only ones present were those hired and the driver himself. Daca'li's eyes narrowed, those green orbs following the girl as she began to slink away. He quietly huffed, his eyes falling to the ground. 

"...speaking of bandits," Daca'li mumbled before slipping his fingers into a pouch tied around his belt. "...I wonder where they might attack if they find the stones to do so..." Daca'li slipped a small, rolled up parchment from his pouch. He cleared his throat as he unrolled the paper and examined it's contents, mumbling to himself every few moments before slipping it back into it's previous location. "I don't think you'll have to worry too much about it," he says to no one in particular, though it was meant more for the miqo'te who had slipped away. "Well. Maybe I'm speaking too early. We'll probably be attacked somewhere down this very road! Who knows!" Daca'li threw up his hands some, lightly shrugging. Before he could continue with his teasing, he felt something hard hit him in the back of the head, forcing him to stumble. "Ow! What th--"

"Oi! No talk of bandits!" Daca'li turned around only to see that his 'attacker' was the blonde haired, blue eyed driver. Daca'li scowled; it seemed that his teasing of the timid miqo'te wasn't on the agenda. For now, at least.

Clavier easily managed to keep up with Kie as she fled to the back of the cart, both hands moving to rest gently upon Kie's shoulders, a soothing smile upon his lips aimed down at her rather then laughing at her reaction at the word 'bandit' nor make fun of her. "You're perfectly safe. The caravan is just like you completely safe. And if something was to happen you have my promise that I will see you home safely." - his fingertips giving a reassuring squeeze in her shoulders before dropping his hands from her shoulders.

His body turning to face the keeper while standing at the Miqo'te's sound. "No talk of bandits anymore, Keeper. I'm not to fond of making teasing jokes on things that are very real.", his right hand resting at the string of the bow left hanging on his shoulder, his attention wandering to the hired help known as Tobias for but a few moments.

Kieaira shrunk down as Clavier placed his hands upon her shoulders, making her even shorter than the measly five feet she already was. Her ears lay flat against her head, she appeared extremely uncomfortable, even more so than the other Keepers teasing had made her.

"Let's load up!" The driver called out to the others, the sun having climbed high enough to light the sands around them, making their path to Gridania clear. Kieaira hoisted her bag onto the cart and climbed up herself, scurrying to the furthest corner she could manage, though unsure if that was a good idea. I'm safe here if bandits attack from behind ... but I'm also far from the only way out if I need to make a hasty exit. She let forth a very soft whimper, clutching her bag to her chest as she waited for the rest to climb aboard, her pale blue eyes watching each of them with uncertainty, especially the other Miqo'te.

Tobias lets a slight smile peak to himself after Kieaira turns away. With the light at his back and the distance between the two, only the overall color of his dark hues noticeable. His movements begin to make his way towards the woman with captivating eyes, but his body barely shifts before he stops himself and turns his attention back to the last few crates.

He did not fail to take note of the other two in company, giving both a quick nod in acknowledgement whenever he passes either of them. The mostly dry Hyur hoists one last crate onto the open ended wagon. The bulk of the cargo was at the tail-end so that the passengers may sit inside and uncrowded with their personal belongings, however a single case lies tucked away in the corner and under the wooden seating.

Produces a quick, sharp whistle after he hears the driver call out to the others to make ready. Soon a brightly colored Chocobo strides up to the side of the caravan, unsaddled and unarmored. An excited 'Kweh' comes from the hefty creature as Tobias places a hand over the top of it's head, soothingly trailing the touch down over to the curve of it's beak. His forehead gingerly presses against the front of the beak. Both man and beast close their eyes as whispers words are spoken, the language entirely foreign to any that hear. The most distinct sound coming from the Hyur was the delicate rolling of his 'R'. The Chocobo ruffles it's feather with another bright 'Kweh' before it takes off down the path..

Tobias hops onto the back, his landing delicate enough to where the wagon hardly even shakes. He settles down near Kieaira, though taking a seat across from her as languid eyes glance down beneath her seat. He gives another greeting to Clavier with a small nod.

"Take comfort in what your friend speaks, Lady Miqo'te," a bed-husky drawl was heard coming from the Hyur, "even if we meet with misfortune, such precious cargo would be kept out of harms way with fervor, I assure you." dark, confident eyes turn from Clavier to Kieaira with a wisp of a smile.

"Feh," the Keeper simply rolled his eyes before sauntering off toward the back of the cart, tail swaying some as he walked along side until he reached the back. "The more you joke about it, the less worried you'll be," his eyes travel to the female at that, "but if you want to play that part, so be it. I shant tell you different," Daca'li hopped onto the carriage, taking a place near the front; just in case he was needed to hop out and help right away. Before he sat, he removed the spear from his back, resting it against his seat and between his legs. He leans back, breathing a quiet sigh as he set his eyes upon the gates of Ul'dah, quietly staring. After a few moments, he audibly sighed before shifting his gaze to the floor of the cart, ears folding back once more as he dove into his own thoughts.

An un-satisfied grunt emitted from the Seeker as the sun had peeked over the edge of the wall which surrounded the city. Approaching the gates with ease, he'd stop short as a female Seeker intercepted him and stood between him and the gate, blinking as if she was bewildered. He perked his eyebrow, "Yes?"

The woman looked around briefly before resting her eyes on the Miqo'te who was wearing black leather from the neck down which went well with his tanned skin. Two daggers rested at his side and a bow tossed over his shoulder, "X'ahce? Where are you going?" 

He rolled his eyes and walked around the woman towards the gates, but she followed persistently, "X'ahce! Where are you going! I want an answer! I've been looking for you for days now!" 

He sighed and continued to walk, but spoke in a deep yet clear tone, "I'm leaving, and I'm fairly sure you already understand why."

The woman pursed her lips and caught up to him and grabbed his left arm and tried to pull him back. He'd pause for a moment to glance over his shoulder to her before shrugging his shoulders and continued to walk forward and half-dragging her along with him even though she tried to restrain him, "I know you want to try and find your parents, but you're the last Nuhn on the hunting grounds-- Do you even care about your accomplishments here?!"

He had now dragged her to the gates and now crossed the threshhold to the outside of the walls, eyeing the cart a little while away, "Pretend the Tia is the new Nuhn. I've got other matter to handle. I've already assisted the clan for the season. You'll live."

She fumed, "Pretend the Tia is the Nuhn? ARE YOU CRAZY?! I'm not sleeping with a Tia! He's also rather ugly."

He looked over his shoulder once more, his amber gaze falling on her green orbs for a few seconds before giving her a humorous smirk, "Just close your eyes and pretend he's prettier than any male you've ever seen."

She perked her eyebrow in a casual yet un-amused manner, "Or you could come back and be the Nuhn instead of having us deal with that spineless boy that you call a Tia." 

He shrugged and reached over to pry her hand from his arm, "I'll be sure to visit." With that, he'd step away from her and head towards the carriage. Reaching a hand up to idly rub at his jaw, realizing he'd started to get an afternoon shadow across his features since the last he shaved. Watching the few jump onto the back of the carriage, he'd figure they were soon departing. His right hand lowering from his jaw to idly tap his daggers to ensure they were still in place and rolled his shoulder to feel the bow rock against his arm.

Once he was close enough to the group of people, he'd glance between the passengers that were already there. The miqo'te male and female, and the Hyur males. He'd attempt to remain quiet as he reached the back of the cart and climbed aboard, sitting in the further away seats, across from the miqo'te female. He'd shift his bow into his lap and make sure his quivver was tilted away from his shoulderblades at a comfortable angle.

Kieaira pulled her satchel closer, hiding the lower part of her face with it, and shifting her head so that her ivory hair would fall across her eyes as she gazed at those climbing into the back of the cart that would take them towards Gridania. The cart would make a few stops along the way for rest breaks and to let people on or off, but it would be a little while before their first stop.

She watched Tobias' interaction with the Chocobo and smiled, though it was hidden and faded away quickly as he climbed into the cart, sitting himself down across from her. Her eyes shifting to the male Keeper who sat near the front, lost in his own thoughts. I hope he's not grumpy because he was told not to tease me... She wrinkles her nose a bit, her gaze shifting upwards as another Miqo'te boarded.

....No. Please... She whimpered softly as he sat down across from her, next to Tobias. He's a Seeker... He's going to kill the others, kidnap me and take me back to his tribe! Her ears lay flat against her head and she tried to shrink down a bit more, hoping he wouldn't notice her, he hadn't spoken yet ... that was a good sign ... right? Calm down Kieaira, you don't know this male ... There's plenty of people around ... you're safe. Right? RIGHT?! A soft sob escaped her lips, her own thoughts causing a sense of dread to cross over the girl, her nails digging into the leather of her satchel. She wished she could just climb right inside and hide for the remainder of the trip.

Very slowly, she turned her head away from the Seeker. "C-Clavier? A-are you coming?" She said in a very soft, barely audible tone. She could feel the cart shift as the driver climbed aboard, just about ready to leave. Her eyes dart back towards the Seeker once more, hoping her inquiry towards one of the Hyur males had not brought his attention to her. Should he look at her, she would immediately shrink down, and pull the satchel across her face, daring not to meet his eyes.

Lorielle's breathing became haggard as she ran towards the cart, her bright blue/green eyes wide and desperate.  She could swear that as soon as she reached the cart, it would pull away down the path.  Her feet struck the dirt hard as she began using the last reserves of her stamina to make it to the caravan. 

"Please, wait!" She called, her voice soft and pleading.  In the corner of her eye, she saw that a man had still not gotten aboard, and she could have sighed with relief had she not been trying so hard to save her breath.  She slowed down several steps before reaching the cart, stopping just behind the seating area.  She had porcelain pale skin with bright, flushed red cheeks.  She had large eyes, the color being such a perfect cross between blue and green that it was hard to tell which it was exactly.  She had dark brown hair, braided, and styled to wrap beneath the back of her head and circle around a few inches above her forehead.  It was like a braided halo was placed upon her head like a crown.  Beneath her right eye was a dark brown dot, resting above her cheek bone.  She wore a loose long-sleeved tunic with a leather belt secured to show the shape of her thin waist, and a pair of puffy brown pants tucked into tall brown boots.  The Elezen woman also had a wooden staff on her back, revealing her Conjurer class.

"May I please board?" She asked, her chest and shoulders heaving with her soft panting.  She was very short for an Elezen, being even smaller than the Hyur that had yet boarded the caravan.  Her blushing cheeks looked slightly sun-burnt, and the heat seemed to be doing numbers on her.  She wanted to get back to Gridania as quickly as possible.

Daca'li pressed back against his seat as the new Seeker entered, brows raising curiously as he studied his form. A scowl steadily slid it's way across his face before turning his green eyes out to the dirt below. Fantastic...more of these sun-loving hypes...Daca'li sighed before his ears perked at yet another voice coming into the fray; an elezen that apparently thought she was late. He eyed the woman from his seat, shifting about and making his armour click, "I don't see why not..." He muttered the words, gesturing to the brown haired elezen, "I think the driver is already preparing to depart, so you might as well hop on," he tapped his foot and inclined his head back then settled into his position.

An epiphany struck him at that moment, brows raising nearly into his hairline as something crossed his mind, "seven hells, I nearly forgot..." He reached into his pouch and pulled out a small pot. He set the pot beside him before sliding his gauntlets from his hands, setting both beside him as well before picking the pot back up. After popping the top, one could easily tell that it was a paint of some sort that was black in colour. Quietly, the Keeper began to hum as he dipped two fingers into the pot, rubbing his index and middle finger about to coat the tips of his fingers. Slowly, he began to paint the substance along his face, painting intricate symbols along the ridges and contours of his visage.

Clavier's hand gripped onto the railing of the cart as several passengers stepped alongside him and up into the cart his eyes shifted to examine each individual passenger. Merely giving a nod and a short, 'Good trip to all of you.', starting to take a step up onto the cart he turns around to look at the Elezen running up with alot of huffing and puffing, his own hand raising up to motion the driver to hold for a short moment as he dropped down on the very beginning of the cart bench - his right hand held out to her "Come on. Just in time."

Kieaira's ears perked up, and she lowered the satchel ever so slightly until her nose was peeking over the bag, her gaze shifting towards the Elezean woman. Oh thank the Twelve! She lowered the bag a bit more. "There's a seat here." She said softly, nodding towards the seat next to her, her pale blue eyes taking quick glances towards the Seeker male every few seconds.

"Everybody in, we have a schedule to keep!" The driver's voice cried out. "Our first stop will be Black Brush Station, so I hope everyone went to the bathroom before they got here. It will be a quick stop to drop off some cargo, and pick up any other passengers ... I don't want everyone hoping off when we get there. We'll have a rest break at Camp Drybone, around lunchtime, so try to hold it until then. Got it?"

Kieaira nodded, obviously the driver wouldn't see it. She opened her satchel and pulled out a small wrapped sandwich that she had grabbed before leaving the Quicksand, something to tie her over until lunch. Slowly she placed her bag onto the floor, unwrapping the sandwich and taking one of the triangles, nibbling on the corner lightly, as they waited for the last two to climb in so they could be on their way.

The winded Elezen looked as though she could faint with relief.  She looked up at the Hyur offering his hand to assist her.  She lifted her hand, pausing just for a hesitant moment, before taking his hand and climbing upon the cart.  She had hardly regained her straight stance before a Miqo'te girl offered her a seat.  Lorielle, being very shy and often very anxious in social situations, was beyond grateful.  She smiled sweetly, a thin streak of her teeth appearing between her lips.  She settled herself into the vacant space, crossing her ankles and settling her hands in her lap to take as little space as possible.

She allowed herself to breathe a soft sigh of relief, and took a moment to reassure herself that she had indeed made it aboard the caravan, and would not have to move again until they made it back to Gridania.  She looked to the back of the cart, staring out at the dirt and sand under the early morning light.  Ul'dah was certainly her least favorite of the three city-states.  It was far too hot, and she had gotten sand in more places within her clothing than she cared to think about.  But, she had to give it some credit, as the market was exciting.

She looked from the cascades of sand to the male Hyur sitting at the very back of the cart.  He had raven black hair, and looked a bit...damp.  She was not one to judge.  If she could be soaked to the bone in cold water now, she would be delighted.  Her gaze then turned to the Hyur who helped her aboard the caravan.  She had gotten a good enough look at him when boarding, and obtained any knowledge she could have gained by appearance alone.  He seemed content, and his relaxed state helped her feel secure that they were safe in the caravan.

Next her eyes fell on the three remaining passengers, all Miqo'tes.  The girl beside her seemed very shy, and rather nervous.  This was someone she felt she could relate to.  Maybe later in the ride, Lorielle would try to talk to her.  Wishful thinking, she thought to herself almost immediately after.  Across from her was another Miqo'te, tan, dressed from neck to toe in black leather.  She had seen the female Miqo'te glancing worriedly at him several times, but Lorielle's only concern was that he would melt beneath the desert sun in his clothing.  The final passenger she would be sharing the cart with was sitting nearest to the front.  He was the one who first spoke to her when she asked to board the cart.  He was currently smearing paint upon his face, and although she would have liked to watch and see what the finished product would look like, she felt it would be better to mind her own business.

After assessing the state of her travel companions, Lorielle looked forward and leaned her back more comfortably into her seat.  Her bright aquamarine eyes took on an orange gleam as the sun climbed ever faster into the sky.  She could see pink hues cast upon everyone around her, and felt that her already red cheeks would look as though they were radiating.  She hoped no one noticed, and assumed no one would.

X'ahce had remianed quiet for the most part as people boarded onto the cart and even closing his eyes a little before the Elezen had begun to grow close to the cart. Though once she had managed to reach the front of the cart and asked to board, he'd open his eyes and look over to her, noticing her eyes first before her timidity next. Smirking subtlety, he'd look across from him to the Miqo'te that was seeming.. Shy. A Keeper female this timid? Strange.

If she were to look to him, he wouldn't hesitate to lock his eyes with hers before looking to the Keeper male beside him. The facepaints were not an unfamiliar quality the Miqo'te adored, but the design was something he'd find more interest into. Glancing briefly to the right to notice the Elezen sit down, he'd look back towards the city. Noticing that female Miqo'te had decided to leave, a smile would appear on his features. The last thing he needed was constant nagging from a woman. If he wanted that, he'd get married.

Leaning back, he'd wrap his arms around his abdomen while his head leaned back and his eyes would close once more, comfortable in the heat of the sun, but ready to get to be in Gridania.

Lowering his back against the railing at the very front entrance of the cart a sigh escaped him as he merely gazed out to the gates of Ul'dah with a somewhat relieved expression. "Finally leaving this place behind me.", the dark green irises concealing themselves behind his eyelids, softly humming to himself. A wooden bow resting on his lap with a singular arrow as if preparing himself incase the journey took a turn for the worst.

537x302http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s534/Melisa_Sider/Backtogridania_zps04f762b2.png[/img]

Finally the last person was boarded, the gate raised and the driver clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, and gave the reigns a good shake to get the chocobo's moving. The cart creaked slightly and rocked a bit as it started to move, causing Kieaira to fall against the front of the cart just enough to cause a flush to come to her cheeks.

She steadied herself and took another small nibble of her sandwich, glancing from person to person. She was so greatful to be sitting next to the only other female on board, but as luck would have it, she seemed just as shy. The driver began to hum softly, the day had begun, the sun lit up the area, bringing with it, the familiar heat of Thanlan.

Kieiara finished one triangle of her sandwich and let out a small sigh, it was going to be a long day, and there wasn't much room on the cart, she was looking forward to the stop at Drybone, but that was still several bells away. She glanced at the Seeker once more, giving him a bit of a stare for a brief moment before turning her gaze back to the other female. She forced a small smile, seeming uncomfortable, but she was determined to make friends ... at the very least she wanted to break the awkward silence.

"H-Hi...." She said softly. "I-I'm ... K-Kieaira." She forced another small smile, her eyes shifting so as not to meet the gaze of the other woman, or anyone else for that matter, though she managed a glance at the males, trying to notice if anyone reacted to her name. Stop being so paranoid, no one here knows you ... They're going to think you're some sort of shifty thief or something! She silently scolded herself.

Once the cart began to move, he'd sigh in content knowing he's making progress to Gridania. Though his ear would twitch once he heard the female Miqo'te's name. 'Kieaira?.. That's not a traditional Keeper name?' He opened his eyes and looked towards Kieaira once more. His own curiousity getting the best of him for the moment as he studied her carefully to make sure she -was- a Miqo'te.

Perking his eyebrow inquisitively, he'd keep his eyes calmly on her, glancing occassionally to the outside of the cart to watch the scenery go by so as to not seem he was -staring-. Though once more he wouldn't hesitate or glance away if she looked to him. He will, however, offer a smile if she sees him, granted she doesn't dive out of the caravan and run screaming due to her own timidity towards Seekers (( He doesn't know she's timid of Seekers in particular, that's just my OOC humorous note :D))

Daca'li glanced back into the caravan as he continued painting his face, only half noticing that most of the males on the cart were all catching eyes with miqo'te girl. He offered a sigh to himself, mumbling something incoherent before finishing the paint on his face. Curved lines under each eye that branched out and disappeared into his hairline on the side of his head. Three small triangles decorated his nose, all of equal proportion and beginning at his lower lip, two thick lines slid along his chin before coiling up onto his cheeks. With his painting complete, he fitted the lid back onto the pot once more before sliding it back into his pouch. 

He offered a glance at the rest of the occupants, ears twitching at the mention of the miqo'te girl's name; the name -did- raise a bit of intrigue, as it wasn't a traditional miqo'te name. Instead of searching for her gaze or staring awkwardly, he simply shrugged and slid from his seat, moving himself to the edge of the entrance to let his legs dangle just above the ground.

Tobias, like some of the others, remains silent as the events begin to unfold amongst the group of travelers after he had spoken to Kieaira. His attention was briefly placed upon X'ahce when the Miqo'te settles down next to him, simply giving a once-over with darted eyes, though he studies X'ahce's bow a little longer.

The soft whimper from the female Miqo'te, however, would not go unnoticed by Tobias unlike his words to her were. Though, a feminine cry from a ways causes his attention to shift again from Kieaira before he could pay much else to her queer reactions.

Clavier. His courteous gesture would be met with a nod in return from the damp haired Hyur. Tobias would notice another bow, this one strung across the other Hyur as he greets an as of yet unknown passenger that cries out for allowance onto the shrinking size of the wagon. The spear of the other male Miqo'te--a change of pace from the sticks and strings. However, it was Daca'li's seemingly methodical face-painting that Tobias would watch; but as short as his attention span on any given individual seems to be, so did his eyes slip from the Miqo'te Keeper to the surprisingly short stature of an Elezen woman that comes into view.

Be it if Tobias were known for one consistency, it would be his perception of when gazes were set on the svelte and lusty Hyur. Charcoal shaded eyes met with the intriguing blue-green hues of Lorielle. The darkness of his irises nuanced enough from the pitch black pupils. If there were any other features to those dark orbs, none would have been able take note as Tobias' fickle attention turns elsewhere, though the parting glance slip over the rest of the short Elezen's unique features.

Despite the passengers and cargo, there was enough room for all to have their 'bubble' so far. With that knowledge, Tobias stretches and raises his arms above his head to their full extent. His chest swells and rises slightly from a languid inhale as his spine curves, causing the already defined collarbones to be exposed just a bit more due to the low v-cut of the Hyuran Tunic. He holds his position for a moment as long, full eyelashes start to touch together as a glance is aimed underneath Kieaira's seat.

Out of the men, he carries nothing of notice to defend himself. Despite the lack of weaponry, an equally languid exhale displaces an air of tranquility as he slides down into a casual posture.