Back to Gridania (Open RP)

Kieaira's eyes widen with a panic look, though it would go unnoticed for the most part as she quickly lowered her head, her ivory bangs falling over her eyes, shielding them from view, though her hair would provide no cover for the redness of her cheeks.

"H-Here!" She squeaked shoving the sandwich into Tobias' hands and pulling her own back into her body, quickly folding them together tightly in her lap, her knuckles turning white and she realized she had been holding her breath. Slowly, so as to not draw attention, she let the air leave her lungs, and took in a fresh breath.

The cart rocked slightly as it rolled over the rocky road, leaving Black Brush Station behind and heading towards Camp Drybone, the sun slowly climbing higher into the sky, causing the air around them to heat up, and Kieaira was starting to feel it. Small beads of sweat had begun to form on her forehead, to the point where she was forced to unclasp her hands and reach for her bag that rest upon the floor of the cart. She dared not look at anyone as she reached down and pulled forth a small square piece of cloth which she used to dab at her forehead.

I wish I were home. She found herself longing for the cool shade of the large trees of the Black Shroud, and more so than that, the comfort of her tiny home, where she lived alone, away from prying eyes, and questions. Sure it's a lonely life ... but clearly I am not good with this social interaction stuff... Should I blame my parents for raising me to be like this? A soft sigh was the only sound that escaped her lips as they continued to ride along the path. Don't be silly, Kieaira. It's not their fault... Why can''t you just be like the other girls? This thought caused her to raise her head and peer over at Lorielle once more, a small smile crossing her lips. She's shy too... I guess I'm not completely alone...

Softly she cleared her throat. "I ... err ... I don't recall your name." Her question was directed towards the dark haired male, but she dare not look at him, his actions confused her, and his silence only made her worry more ... if that was even possible.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X'ahce twitched his right eyebrow at the sounds of the Hyur and the driver's bantar over the food. He peered over to the commotion and smirked at the puffy cheeks and the crumbs that were gathering on his features. He shook his head and sliced at the wood some more, the block of wood now looking more like a cylinder of some sorts and slim at that. He kept to himself for some time before the Keeper spoke to him once more. He'd raise his gaze to the male, "You can say that. I won't be staying too terribly long in Gridania, that I can assure you. Merely to meet a few of the people that live there and ask a few questions before meandering my way in whatever direction they point me in. I'm merely looking for someone." He'd eye the wood and cut at some of the fine corners so that the cylinder was as smooth as he could help it.

He nodded his head with a certain degree of approval before sheathing the arrow shaft into his quivver and sheathing the dagger in it's hold along his right leg. His eyes meeting the drawings of the Elezen woman. An eyebrow perked for a moment as he analyzed what he was seeing, as it was upside down for him, before nodding his head, "I like the drawings, very neatly detailed I might add."

Daca'li rose his brows at the mention of looking for someone. He breathed a quiet sigh before leaning back on his hands, "I see," Daca'li said in a quiet tone, "I wish you luck on your endeavours then, Seeker." He tipped his head in X'ache's direction before looking back out to the road, steadying himself every so often as the caravan proceeded on. He dipped his nose down, eyes narrowing some as he thought on his own search, quietly mulling over his own thoughts.

Kieaira's ears perked up as the Seeker spoke of 'searching for someone'. She swallowed audibly but didn't look his way. She wanted to ask him who ... but surely if it was she, he would have said something when she so-willingly gave her name earlier. Or would he? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. To the others, all they would see is Kieaira frowning as she smacked herself lightly in the forehead with a tiny fist, she halted as she felt eyes on her, but she dared not look up to meet anyone's gaze.

Slowly she drew in a deep breath. Calm down. You are seriously too jumpy... I swear once I get to Gridania, I am hiring a body guard ... or a combat teacher ... or something! She opened her eyes and lifted her head, letting it rest against the back of the cart, rolling it slowly to look over at the dark haired Hyur once more, waiting for his response to her earlier question.

Lorielle's already red cheeks took on a deeper crimson flush at Kieaira's compliment.  "Th-thank you," she said in a small chuckle, setting her small book back into her lap.  She noticed two of the Miqo'te men seemed a bit interested as well.  She held it in her hand, looking at it hesitantly, before extending her arm out for either of the two men to grab it, if they wanted a better look.

"Most Elezen seem more inclined in musical arts," she said to the male Miqo'te closer to the front of the cart.  She chose to ignore the bit of concern that arose in her when he mentioned he did not often mingle with her kind.  She was certain he had his own reasons, and would not care to talk about it.  "You seem quite artistic as well," she commented, studying his painted face before taking a short glance up into his eyes.

She then turned her gaze to the other Miqo'te seated across from them.  Her face flushed again, deeper than before, as if it fed off of the remains of her last show of modesty.  "Th-thank you so much," she said, her words coming out with a light chuckle.

She noticed, to her side, that Kieaira was offering around the remains of the meal she had been nibbling on when she boarded the caravan.  She smiled, not so much at her, but at the atmosphere of everyone opening up to one another.  Her smile fell slightly as she watched the exchange between Kieaira and the raven haired man.  If it made her uncomfortable by the intimacy of it, then she knew her shy Miqo'te friend was screaming internally.

She suddenly pushed the sandwich into his hand, falling back into her seat and curling inward.  Lorielle tried not to laugh, biting her lip to keep her mouth closed.  She looked up at the man with the ink features, the look on his face giving the impression that he was trying to make her squirm.  She brought her hand towards her face, rubbing across her mouth to stifle her growing smile.  She felt guilty for finding it so humorous.  If that had happened to her, she probably would have reacted the same.

She lowered her hand, unable to fully wipe away the small smile she wore.  She wished she was friendly enough with the Miqo'te to pat her on the shoulder and reassure her that she was safe and that she should not be so afraid.  But, attempting to be that outgoing would diminish the little bit of trust the girl had in her.

She was surprised that Kieaira went out of her way to ask the man his name.  She smirked, her eyes taking on the quality of a cat's.  There was a sort of pride that came from seeing another shy person coming out of their shell.  Lorielle was intrigued, and sat back to listen and possibly break in if things became awkward for the Miqo'te.  She had become a bit of a wing-man for her, she liked to believe.

The Midlander with raven-hair stays leaned in after the bashful Miqo'te shoves the sandwich into his possession. He was not surprised by her actions, as to why exactly he kept his touch upon her hand whimsical at best; pointedly to himself than to anyone else, he makes sure to not squeeze or grasp her hand in any way shape or form so when she pulls away, there would be no resistance or restraint in her hasty retreat.

Like Lorielle, the other shy companion on this journey, Tobias refrains from laughing at the current affairs. Instead, a sympathetic smile pulls at the corner of slightly parted lips. Eyebrows push together almost as if feeling a wisp of embarrassment himself. Even if that were the case, he would hide it as his head dips down, loose, disheveled bangs sweep flirtatiously over his forehead. The softest exertion of air passes past his lips the moment a nearly inaudible 'Heh' slips. His gaze sets upon the wooden boards under their feet, but also realizes he leans in a bit further than he planned to when he first moves closer--or at least meant to.

Then, just as he lifts his head back up from hearing her question, but just before he began to lean back into his original position, her gaze would finally drop onto him after rolling her view in a round-about leisure. Tobias was actually caught slightly off-guard by Kieaira actually asking him a question directly. However, just as quickly was he surprised to hear her talk to him, he was quick to recover.

"Tobias." the tone and inflection a stark contrast to how he spoke to his employer. Though it was only a single word spoken for now, his name, it was heard with a velvety coo rolling over his tongue. As the last syllable was pronounced, the left corner of his lips eases into an invitingly serene smile.

Kieaira felt somewhat better now that the stranger had a name, but his attitude and the way he presented himself, made her fidgit in her seat, and ultimately his response was met with a small nod as she looked away once more. She shifted in her seat, pressing her back against the wall as she pulled her feet up onto the bench, facing Lorielle, as she wrapped her arms around her knees.

Are we there yet? She contemplated saying aloud, but not wanting to bother the blonde-haired, blue-eyed driver, she merely thought it to herself and let out a soft sigh. Her vision shifted to the scenery as they made their way down into The Clutch.

A suddenly loud "KWEH!" from the chocobos, and the sudden stopping of the cart, jostled Kieaira from her seat and she quickly found herself landing hard onto the floor of the cart with a 'Thud'. "W-what happened?" She looked around inquisitively, an expression of worry crossing her features.

In front of the cart, a large toxic toad had suddenly jumped in front of the caravan spooking the chocobos, which the driver was trying to calm down, while keeping an eye on the toad in case it decided to attack. It was big enough it could easily hop on top of the cart and crush it, or wrap it's long tongue around one of the chocobos paralyzing and eating it.

"Boy! Get yer arse out here and help me calm these birds down!" The driver shouted, presumably towards Tobias. He had gotten control of one of the birds, but the other one was still pulling against its' harness.

703x372http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s534/Melisa_Sider/toad_zps68d11e1f.png[/img]

As the cart shook for that short moment as both Chocobo's reacted to the large toad's arrival, Clavier rapidly picked up the bow from beside him on the bench. Taking slow steps down from the cart and onto the hard ground. His hand clenching along the frame of the bow as his gaze shifts up to the sky.

"All I wanted was to head home after this annoying errand for one of the Seventh Dawn Scions."

His fingertips sliding along the feathers at the end of two arrows before retracting them out of the quiver, resting them at the middle section of his bow without further pulling back the string of the bow. Clearly having no intrest in actually confronting the beast.

"Lets hope it moves away.."

Tobias visibly made no reaction at first to the light-haired Miqo'te's withdraw. The Hyur peers at the woman that brings her feet up onto the bench and knees brought to her chest. She was shy, that was obvious to him. However, something felt different this time around. At least to him, though perhaps he was over thinking.

Whatever the case was, he averts his gaze from not just her, but everyone else as he leans back into silent introspection. Only his left brow twitches down into the beginning of a frown, but they quickly relax, only to twitch and relax again a few more times. 

Tobias presses his lips together after a time of silent reflection. His view slowly moves back up to look at her with lips still pressed against one another. Just for a moment he hesitates in his actions, but pulls his lips slightly apart from one another as an inaudible steady inhale was taken. The contemplative man in white with blackened hair makes the effort this time to reach out to Kiearia.

His head snaps towards the front from the sudden shriek of a "KWEH" that sprung forth. Then Kiearia's hard landing draws Tobias' attention just as immediately to her fallen form and quickly lifts from his seat to assist her. However, as soon as his hand begins to stretch out to help her, the image of her pulling away from him flashes vividly in his thoughts. His hand stops as slender fingers curl away from her but eyes reflecting the need to do differently.

"Boy! Get yer arse out here and help me calm these birds down!" the driver shouted, indeed towards Tobias.    

"Conjurer, make sure she is unharmed." Tobias suddenly delegates to Lorielle the Elezen, shifting eyes to the woman momentarily. She may have never said it herself, but he was at least keen enough to take note of her staff in her possession at some point in time during the trip. His tone was pressed with an urgency, but in no way demanding or authoritative. With one last glimpse of the fallen Miqo'te, the hired help makes a brisk exit from the side of the caravan to help his employer.

Lorielle released a small, short sound in surprise to the sudden jolt of the caravan.  She grabbed hold of the back of her seat, leaning her weight on one steady foot as her balance was thrown.  She was fortunate for her fast reflexes, but saw that Kieaira was not quite so lucky.  She quickly dropped onto the wooden boards on her knees, with absolutely no hesitation, throwing caution and personal space to the wind as she scooped the Miqo'te up from the floor.

Just as she did so, picking the girl up gently but firmly by her under arms, the ink haired Hyur - now known to her as Tobias - told her to take care to Kieaira as he jumped out of the caravan.  She did not argue that she already knew what to do, nor did she say anything at all.  She turned her head up to look at him, her turquoise eyes burning with purpose, as she nodded silently.

She sat the Miqo'te up in a sitting position.  "Kieaira," she started, wanting to sound more friendly as to make up for the fact that she had touched her and then moved her around, "Are you alright?"  She remembered her landing very hard on her arm, either hurting her elbow or shoulder more than anything else.  She popped her head up for a moment, trying to see what was happening, or better hear what was happening, before quickly dropping and turning her head back down to her fallen companion.

Her bright eyes now shifted about quickly in cat-like reflex.  The irises appeared wider and more intense, as if her senses were heightened by the appearance of potential danger.  She thought for a moment, how everyone leapt from the caravan, ready for battle, like it was their calling.  This was her's, tending to the others that needed help.  This was apparent in the way her eyes swept over Kieaira, looking for any visible sign of harm.  She would occasionally look up and meet the Miqo'te's eyes, holding her gaze to keep her from feeling as though she were being inspected like an insect beneath her, but being looked after by a friend.

Kieaira's face scrunched up, her forehead wrinkled and a frown played upon her thin lips as she looked up at Lorielle after being moved around without a chance to protest ... not that she would in this case. From her facial expression she might have looked like she was in pain, but the way her pale skin had turned a bright red, it would be clear she was more embarrassed than hurt.

"I'm okay." She forced a small smile. She did in fact feel a bit sore, perhaps a bruise or two would form, but not enough to be really hurt, or to have anyone fuss over her. "Th-Thanks." She nodded, and then shifted to see if she could see what the commotion was about.

The toad let forth a sickening croak that rumbled the ground as its' beady eyes looked upon the caravan with curiosity. The chocobos had stopped struggling against their reigns, but were visibly upset by the large creatures sudden appearance.

Kieaira rose to her feet, shaking slightly but she was quick to steady herself. Her curiosity had gotten the better of her, and she wanted to see the commotion for herself. "We should see if we can help." She nodded towards Lorielle. Though you'll probably be of more help than I.

Carefully she hoped down off the back of the cart and moved to the side to watch from a safe distance, not wanting to be in the way of anything. Another croak, and this time the toad's long tongue flopped out from its' mouth the tip landing mere inches from the chocobos, which sent them into another frenzy. The toad pulled its' tongue back into its' mouth with a sickening slurp, its' saliva leaving a trail in the dirt, sticky, and most likely laced with the toxin where it had gotten its' name from.

"Look out!" Kieaira cried out towards Tobias and the driver, as the chocobos broke their reigns, each running off in a different direction, one of them knocking the driver onto the ground, nearly kicking him in the head as it leaped over him. Kieaira turned her attention back towards the toad, its eyes now landing on Tobias, and it looked as if it was getting ready to jump.

As everyone seemingly started to get out of the cart he took a few more steps closed till right at the front of the cart. The sudden tongue flinging forward caused Clavier to stagger abit aside as one of the chocobo's just brushed past him in it's rampage. A sigh escaping him as he looked down at the two arrows still rested on the bow, 

"Still here. I see."

As the toad seemingly prepared itself to jump in Tobias direction, Clavier shifted his feet across the sand while pulling the string and both arrows backwards till just beside his face. His voice lowered into a soft whisper, as if speaking to the arrows. "Eyes only." 

With the soft whisteling both arrows are released from inbetween his fingers and fly in the direction of the toad, unknowing if they would strike the target.

Tobias damn near flies to the front of the wagon after he exited from the side. The rocks and sand crunch and roll under his boots as he slides to a stop in front of one of the Chocobos. Fortunately the feathered creatures were already settled down enough to where they weren't struggling any longer in the short time it took for the Hyur to get to them.

He set to work quickly and continues to try and calm the Chocobo down that the driver was having trouble with. Words foreign were spoken as he soothes and coos the yellow bird into tranquility. At first the Chocobo was quite hesitant, slipping and pulling it's head away from Tobias' touch, wanting to keep it's own large black eyes on the creature set in front of it. However, soon the Chocobo begins to steady itself, the ruffled feathers starting to relax and straighten themselves out. 

For a moment longer would Tobias continue to speak softly in that comforting tone, making sure that the feathered steed regains it's nerves entirely. The raven haired looks across to the blonde haired who too stands in front of the other Chocobo, calming it down shortly after Tobias. They both exchange a look of relief as they give each other a short laugh.

Their reprieve was short lived. "Look out!" Kiearia had cried out to the pair of men. All that work for nothing. Tobias barely got a chance to look over at the driver, whom he himself started to turn to look over at the Toxic Toad before the Chocobo's went into their frenzy and knocks him over. The dark hair Hyur did not even get a chance to look back at his Chocobo before it was his turn to get thrown onto his back.

Tobias was not as fortunate as the driver as he gets quite literally ran over by the large yellow feathered beast. "Guh-hk!" the breath and gurgle forced from his lungs as the Chocobo steps onto his mid-section. The abdomen, crimson liquid flows from the newly given wound after the talon punctures through cloth, leather, and flesh. Then the bird springs off in it's panic. All. That. Work.

Grimaces and turns over as he attempts to bring himself up to his feet. Then that damned perception, but not that anyone would not notice a huge Toxic Toad looking at them as if they were a delicious piece of morsel. Though admittedly, he was used to those kind of stares...just...not usually coming from actual creatures wanting to make a meal out of him. Usually. "Lovely..." he mutters under strained breath.

Then Clavier stepped in. ((For clarification, refering to Nirri's post above me since we were apparently posting at the same time xD))

Lorielle's eyes acknowledged Kieaira saying she was fine, but she said nothing to that effect.  She got to her feet as Kieaira did, leaping form the back of the cart, turning on her heel, and running along the side.  She stopped to watch what was happening, her eyes darting from the Toxic Toad to the chocobos to her travelling party one by one.

Lorielle jumped, turning her body to watch the elastic tongue spring forward, then slip back into its mouth.  She heard Keiaira's cry of warning, but it was too late.  The chocobo scattered.  To Lorielle's dismay, she saw the top of a black-haired head fall beneath the bright yellow of a chocobo's body.  "Tobias," she said aloud, whether it was to inform Kieaira or completely unintentional.

She ran to the front of the caravan, hearing the sharp whistle of arrows being fired.  Battle was not her current objective.  She was thankful that someone was taking care of the toad for now.  She dropped to her knees, skidding across the sand and dirt to come to a stop at the Hyur's side.  He was bleeding quickly, crimson pooling on his torso.  He tried to roll onto his side, seemingly to stand up.

"Stay down," Lorielle said firmly.  She appeared to be on auto-pilot at this point, quickly reaching behind her and grabbing her staff as one hand held Tobias's shoulder and forced him gently back onto the ground.  The hand moved from his shoulder, down his chest, and rose to hover over the wound.  She held her staff in a way to make the head point towards her hand, and then sat in silence, without motion.

Her hand became stone steady, casting a blue-green hue from her palm.  The blood flowing on his chest began to slow, then dry.  Lorielle's lips pursed, her brows narrowing as the wound began to heal.  It began to swell, the open skin stretching slowly.  The Hyur would feel little to no pain, but the sensation of his skin moving.  The wound closed, leaving only a mangled scar in its place.  It would take a little more work to heal fully, but time was something they did not currently have.

Lorielle leaned back, retracting her hand and resting her staff on the ground beside her.  Her chest deflated, a soft sigh or two escaping her.  She got to her feet, stretching one across the ground to come to a standing position over the man.  She reached down, grabbing his wrists and gently pulling him up into a sitting, then hopefully standing position.

"Careful, as not to reopen the wound," she warned, stepping back as she pulled him up slowly.  Standing straight up from his laying position was the safest way of getting him back into the cart and out of harm's way.  She turned her head for a moment, assessing the current state of the battle with the toad.

"Lorielle!" Kieaira screeched as she saw the crimson stain upon Tobias' chest. She knew she didn't have to tell the Elezean woman what to do, but could not help but call out for her regardless.

The toad had crouched down low, and was just about to jump upon Tobias and the driver, and possibly even Lorielle if she ran over in time ... but it shrieked out in pain instead, as Clavier's arrows flew true, the ends of which could now be seen sticking out of one of the toads large eyes. As it rolled it's eyes around, shrieking so loudly that it made Kieaira's ears hurt, the arrows rolled with it.

The toad, now panicked and angered by the damage began hopping up and down, causing the earth beneath their feet rumble. "Get back!" Kieaira screeched, the toad was getting awfully close to Tobias and the driver.

From out of nowhere, Kieaira found some small amount of bravery as she rushed over with a quick burst of speed,hand stretching out for the driver, who clasped his hand with hers and stumbled to his feet as she pulled him further back, hoping Lorielle would take care of Tobias.

"Thanks." The driver flashed a smile towards Kieaira, that would have made her blush had she not been so panicked, hands resting on her knees as she panted softly, pale blue gaze shifting towards the cart. Where are those other Miqo'te?!

The driver rushed back to the caravan, pulling forth a large spear from beneath his seat, and turning to face the beast. "The underbelly!" He shouted towards Clavier whom was already armed. "Be careful of the toxins!" As he shouted directions, the beast jumped higher, this time he would surely fall where Tobias had been laying, one could only hope he had somehow managed to move, whether by Lorielle's aid or elsewise.

Posted at the same time as Lorielle, but I think it works out regardless, feel free to alter it if need be.

"Think I will refrain from experiencing this again," the Hyur mumbles with a wince as he watches Clavier attack with apt ability. He looks down at his torso, the gaping hole not so wide nor deep that he was in mortal danger, but enough to where he would be if the bleeding was not stopped. His jaw tightens with a grit of his teeth as he turns on his side so that he may continue to rise. 

Lorielle put an end to that fairly quickly. He was proud but not stupid nor stubborn enough to know when he should accept the aid of others. A slightly unsettled grimace casts over his features for a few times as she began to heal him; not out of pain but just having to feel the uncomfortable sensation of his skin literally regenerating. The entire length of the time, he watches her, breaths become less ragged and hard between each intake and outtake. Every so often he would glance down at her working hands, but he was more interested in looking to those eyes.

His hand clasps over her wrists as she did the same, fingers coil gently as he is brought up to his feet eventually. Even in the midst of the panic and minor chaos that ensues around them, "If you were at my side again, I could not say that it would not be tempting to do just that." a coy smile presents itself before his attention too goes where Lorielle's was. That is when he saw the slimy and gigantic figure take flight.

The Toxic Toad had launched itself into the air just after the moment both Lorielle and Tobias look over to where the battle was ensuing not too far away. Unfortunately it was going to ensue much closer to them both as it careens down towards Tobias, but more importantly, with Lorielle only a few steps away. 

Tobias reacts without thought. His feet sink into the earth beneath him as muscles contract and expand to unleash a torrent of energy to take steps towards Lorielle. Two steps forward were all he needs before the third cascade is instead dug into the ground with the ball of his foot--and lunges at her. She had saved him just moments ago, to not try and at least return the favor would be ludicrous for lack of words. 

More or less, Lorielle was suddenly tackled by the man she just saved. It was either that or find themselves instead tackled by the huge Toxic Toad. Hopefully she would have chosen the Hyur. Just as he embraces Lorielle, his body begins to twist in mid-air. As many, if not all others, were to play 'hero' they would be practiced in the art of spinning mid-flight so that the person they rescued would make a soft landing on top of their savior while the protagonist would take the brunt of the hasty save. Of course, Tobias was well versed in those ways. Of course.

Tobias and Lorielle manages to evade the belly-flopping Toad, albeit barely. Hopefully the caravan did not fair any worse as the creature was now closer to the wagon as it ever had been. After the Hyur 'lands' and slides across the ground briefly, again amid the action and fighting--"Well this works too." a cheesy grin this time entertaining his features and releases his hold on the woman.

It took a moment's hesitation for Lorielle to understand what Tobias meant by reopening his wounds.  A flush came over her face, and she had just begun to smile embarrassingly before she heard Kieaira yell for them to get back.  She turned her head suddenly to the toad again.  It was already in the air just ahead of her by the time she caught sight of it.

Before even she had time to respond, she felt something slam into her side, wrapping around her and spinning her.  She felt herself settle onto something other than the ground, looking up bewildered to see the Hyur had repaid the favor.  What he said in turn was cheesy and miserably cliche, but Lorielle could not resist smiling quickly before turning her head away, out of both embarrassment and to focus on the danger at hand.

She rolled off of the Hyur and into the sand, grabbing her staff and getting to her feet.  She bent down, grabbing for Tobias's arm before backing away from the large toad.  While she was concerned that his wound may have reopened, the toad would have to be taken care of first.  As long as it was still around, her healing would be in vain.

She stepped forward, coming closer to the toad and further away from the caravan and those near it.  She lowered her staff, the ground shaking a bit ahead of her as the ground began to separate in a small circle.  She raised it suddenly, swinging it like a bat in the toad's direction.  The broken earth rose sharply from the ground and hurtled into the toad's already damaged eye.

As it reeled back, Lorielle sprinted from the caravan, circling around the toad in an attempt to draw it away from the others.  Then her plan fell apart.  What she could do from that point on was a bit beyond her.  She couldn't quite continue casting and running at the same time.  She could only hope that the others would down the creature now that the more vulnerable of the travelers were out of harm's way.

We're all really eager to post at the same time in here

xD

"Belly. I understand."

Clavier responded to the driver as he in a rather calm manner reached back over his shoulder to take out a single arrow, the arrow being longer and of a darker color wood. His eyes widened as he as the large toad sprung into the air with the decision to crush Tobias or Lorielle, due his distance unable to aid them.

Even though he had been silent for most of the trip and was visibly not the most happiest with the amount of occupants he traveled with he had no desire to see any of these people injured if he could help it. His fingertips resting the arrow in the middle of the bow as he started to pull it backwards, only a faint whisper audible coming from him as both his eyes seemed to shift of their appearance becoming yellow in color with a pitch black iris almost resembling the eyes of an eagle.

As the sun shined down upon them, the tip of the arrow revealed itself to be bright yet as it was made out of blood. His eyes shortly locking onto Tobias who had gracefully saved Lorielle and seemingly even enjoyed their short moments upon the floor. Smiling as she got onto his feet and casted a spell upon the broken earth to use nature as a weapon.

"Hey ugly one over here."

Clavier shouted as his eyes gazed upon the jumping Toad, his shouting a mere attempt away from Lorielle at it getting it's attention and unfortunately even getting it as it turned to face him clearly enraged by the contineuous damage to it's eye and almost instantly leaped into his area revealing the underbelly. He hoped it wasn't as elegant as Tobias and able to spin mid flight to dodge the arrow as it was released from his bow and whistled through the air with a similar whisteling.

The sound of the toad screeching in pain, echoed in the area known as the Clutch, oh how it made Kieaira's ears hurt, the long, rounded ears picking up noises much clearer than those of other races ... and this was almost deafening to her. She reached up and clasped her hands over her ears as she looked around, tears in her eyes from the sheer pain of the shrieking.

The toad's good eye had focused on Lorielle and had been about to lash out at her with its' tongue before Clavier had distracted it, causing the large amphibian to leap into the air towards him, only to be shot at once more, causing the toad to fall back into the water, causing a spray to fly out towards those around it.

The driver of the cart was drenched, blonde hair falling across his blue eyes as he glared and charged forward, with the toad now flopping about on its' back, it was a perfect time to attack. He stuck his spear into the ground, using it for momentum as he leaped into the air, pulling the spear up and thrusting it down towards the toads abdomen.

The creature screamed in agony as it was again assaulted, flopping about even more as the driver hung on to his spear, if the beast managed to roll over, he would surely be crushed. "Again!" He shouted towards Clavier, a few more shots to the stomach would surely kill the beast.

The driver grimaced as his hands began to slip, sweat making it hard to keep hold of his spear as he found himself coming closer to the stomach of the toad, which oozed a purple toxin from the few wounds it had. "Shit, shit. shit!" He grumbled, before finally jumping back, leaving his weapon sticking out of the beast, which now rocked onto its' side, it would soon be up once more. "NOW!" Shouted the driver.

Kieaira watched the battle with a whimper, she felt helpless ... she had no combat training, no magical training, she could do nothing more than pray for the toad to die, perhaps then she could at least help search for the Chocobos.

((Yeesh, was busy Thursday and two pages of frog-killings appear))

X'ahce had remained quiet after the Keeper made his quiet notion towards him up until the appearance of the toxic toad. His hand grabbing the bottom rim of his seat quickly to steady himself, he'd glance over to see the massive toad blocking their path, "Lovely." During the commotion, with the crazed animals and Kieaira falling on the floor, he'd quickly jump out of the caravan and move further to the side to get a better view of where the heck he was. Once the tongue flicked out towards the animals, he'd draw his bow and an arrow.. But something caught his eye as the arrowhead wiggled with simply it's draw. He flicked the head of the arrow and watched as it fell off to the ground. 

He cursed silently, "Damned Tia didn't craft the arrows correctly..". A growl was emitted as he watched the toad. Luckily someone else had a reliable bow and arrow and once an arrow struck the toad's eye, he'd glance over to the Caravan and notice how the animals were gone and Tobias was injured. Looking back to the jumping toad, he'd drop his quivver and arrows onto the ground and draw his daggers and crouch low.

Preparing to leap, the arrow that sent the toad into the water caught him off-guard and his focus shifted to the underbelly as the driver had called out a brief moment ago. He nodded his head and waited for the driver to make his strike. Once the spear was lodged, he'd dash very quickly towards the toad. Once his was close enough, his eyes would focus on the spear's hilt that was sticking out and his muscles would tighten up as he pulled back his dagger and slammed the hilt of it into the hilt of the spear precisely on the head with enough force to sink the spear deep into the underbelly of the creature granted the it didn't stop him. He'd also keep his eyes peeled for the Hyur's next arrow as to make sure he doesn't get hit.

Once the contact of the force had been made, he'd jump back to avoid the blood of the toad and reach to one of his torso pockets and withdraw a number of arrowheads he was going to use for fletching. Once his feet made a firm landing, he'd throw the arrowheads at the underbelly of the toad, attempting to slice multiple small holes into the toad before it had a chance to respond.

Clavier shook his head as the eagle-eyes appereance of his eyes shifted back to their normal piercing green color. His posture remaining firm as X'ache seemingly went up close with the struggling toad. A single arrow once more being drawn from within the quiver that hung on his shoulder. 

Quickly pulling it backwards till the string reached his cheek, "No more pain.", he uttered to the arrow before releasing it with the similar whisteling of the arrow making it's way through the air. The tip of the arrow aimed for the very underbelly of the beast.

Tobias grasps Lorielle's arm again and lightly springs back onto his feet. The recently healed wound shows signs of fresh trickling blood. He does not pay the gash on his skin any mind for the time being. Right now, he had more important matters to attend to. Such as the fact that he was a bit more dusty than he liked and brushes off his breeches casually. Or more decidedly that the earth near his feet began to tremble and quiver.

He glances over at the front of the caravan and then back to Lorielle, but before he finalizes decision, a chunk of earth sails towards the eye of the Toad. Then the Elezen took off in a sprint--with the raven-haired Hyur merely ilms behind. 

It took little effort for the fleet-footed Midlander to keep strides with her, though he was not exactly sure what her plans were. Regardless of that fact, letting her fly off on her own to try and pull the Toad's attention towards her petite form and away from the caravan and others would have been ill-advised. However, his own vulnerability be cast to the Seven; no weapons, barely armored, and recently wounded and still slightly bleeding, but any be damned if she were left to fend for herself. So he followed. 

As he matches quick strides and begins to run along side her, he speaks with slightly panted breaths, "I do hope you have an inkling of what you plan to do next." his teasing and whimsical tone maybe the most surprising feature of the Hyur thus far. Perhaps he was just confident in the abilities of the others to take care of the creature--or his own.

Lorielle stops running, hearing the cries of the toad and feeling water splash down against her side.  She turned quickly, flinging droplets from her hair as she watched the Toxic Toad squirm on the ground.  It was gouged by several weapons, and certainly would be unable to make chase any longer.  She breathed heavily, her chest heaving without making a sound.

Water dripped down her nose, her entire left side drenched.  She was certain the toad was finished, but slowly backed away all the same.  

"Well I was certain the others would have stepped in," Lorielle said in response to Tobias, her tone only mildly snappy.  So they did.  Her only thought was to carry the toad away from the others, which would have been successful had the injured one not followed her with it.  She began to relax despite her desire to stay on her toes.

She glanced to Tobias, then down to his wound.  It was bleeding yet again.  She turned to face him, staff in hand, before giving a final glance over the toad.  Hopefully it was dead, so that Lorielle could take Tobias back to the caravan and heal his wound properly.  Maybe then she and the others could see to finding their scattered chocobos.  She knew there had to be a catch for making it to the caravan right before it left.  This must have been it.

The toad screeched from the continuous assault, the arrowheads pierced its' skin alright, but also caused a short spray of toxin to spurt forth from its' body, I would not want to be near it when that happened! Suddenly the shrieks turned into a gurgle as one last arrow pierced its' vulnerable belly, and the toads squirming became much less frantic until finally it flopped over dead in the shallow waters.

Kieaira breathed a small sigh of relief, the assault was over, and she sunk down into the sand behind the cart, her ears wilting as she looked at the ground. Pathetic. The only thought that came to mind.

"Gods damn it all!" The driver shouted, he was not going near the dead toad to retrieve his spear that was now covered in toxin and on top of it all the chocobos had run off. "And you!" He shouted, whirling around to face Tobias. "Off with the women instead of helping!" He threw his hands up in frustration, before wiping the sweat from his brow, and spitting into the sand.

Kieaira lifted her head to watch the driver yell at the raven-haired Hyur, before he headed back towards the cart, pulling his shirt off in the meantime, revealing his well-toned abs. Kieaira would have thought he was handsome and consequently blushed as he walked by ... but she was far too lost in her own thoughts of self-pity, from not being able to help with the battle.

Grumbling, the driver grabbed a bag that had fallen from the cart in all the commotion and reached inside, pulling forth a bushel of gyshal greens he tossed them towards Tobias. "Get to work." Was all he said as he wandered off, following the footsteps of one of the runaway chocobos.

Tobias turns his head to view the scene of the battle just as Clavier's arrow strikes true, but the sight of X'ahce becomes lost once the Seeker engages close quarter combat and disappears behind the foul beast at the angle Tobias was at. He stops barely before Lorielle does, still ignoring the small trickle of blood that continues to soak his already saturated Hyuran tunic.

Then he felt something wet run down his defined cheekbones. He was hardly out of breath from the quick jaunt, so sweating was out of the question. Then it became ironically clear. Water. "Oh you have to be..." he mutters in annoyance at the sudden realization he was once again soaked--though it was partly from blood. Some droplets of water was tinted with a swirl of crimson.

Lorielle's retort brings the Hyur to snap his attention to her and away from Toad, wound, and being water-logged again. "It was risky. And foolish," his playful tone had all but vanished, a stern and scolding inflection in it's place, "you would force hands to sacrifice mind and body for you. And any Disciple of War worth their steel would do so without hesitation." Eyebrows tense towards one another as a flash of anger betrays the calm, yet a nuance of concern in turn presents itself in his lecture, "Your well-being takes priority. And not just because you have a pretty face."

A thing, exact details of what were still hidden, but still a thing was triggered in his actions and words when Tobias spoke to Lorielle. The realization of the Midlander's terseness was evident to both as he takes a small step back as frustrated features simmer. He knew her intentions were noble and his eyes reflected that knowledge from the look of regret that briefly veils over. She might have been able to catch the subtle change in expression if she was keen enough. He turns his head to seemingly just look over at the fallen Toad instead of looking anywhere to avoid exposing anything more than he already has.

"Though it helps." the satin and silk tone back with his visage back to it's normal calmness as he adds to his last statement. However, the soft nuances of his words gives an inkling of something else, "Do not try to be a hero, Conjurer. You are better than that." The dark-crowned Hyur cants his head towards where the Toad lies as he addresses the glance Lorielle made down to his still bleeding wound earlier, "Make sure the others are well. I will keep." Though if anyone, Tobias would only think that X'ahce may need aid since the Midlander did not see where the Seeker was after he disappeared from Tobias' sight.

I just realized how busy this post from me is! I need to type less so people can actually have more of a chance to respond to what Tobias is doing lol >.< Sorry for that D: Anyway, so as to not have anything get missed or overlooked due to my horrendous wall of text and fluff, give yourself an 'intermission' if you'd like since the next part is addressing KieariaKitty's post entirely.

"Gods damn it all! Off with the women instead of helping!" the driver shouted at Tobias before throwing the bushel of gyshal greens at the employee. "Get to work!" Tobias whips around to look at the Blonde-Hyur.

"You seemed to have it under control." Tobias nonchalantly shrugs.

"No thanks to you!" rising frustration from the driver evident as he stops in his tracks and turns around to face the raven-haired.

"You never brought me mine when you retrieved yours."

"Oh, I'm sorry! Do ya want me to wipe yer ass too while I am savin' it?!"

"She took off before I could retri--"

"So that makes it justified?!"       

"I did the exact same thing you would have done!"

"Don't you presume to know what I would've done!"

"They take priority, or did you forget that?!"

"Don't you fuckin' dare...." a warning in both words and eyes as they begin to narrow.

"This is not Limsa Lom--" was interrupted, but by a right hook to the jaw instead of more words.

"THIS IS JUST LIKE LIMSA LOMINSA!" blue eyes seething with anger "...only you did now what you should've done then." draws a ragged breath in and stands straight and relaxes his fist. "Now get. To. Work." The two look impassioned at one another for a moment longer before the Blue-Blonde Hyur wanders back off to find one of the Chocobos.        

Tobias rubs gingerly at the spot where fist met jaw. It was a solid blow. With a quiet sigh he goes off towards the other tracks.