Back to Gridania (Open RP)

Kieaira gently bit down on her lower lip, hoping she could distract herself from her irrational fears by conversing with the Elezean woman. As she waited to see if she would respond, she took a moment to look over the other travelers. She wasn't sure what to make of any of them, but she was in no rush to get to know them, especially the other Miqo'te.

She glanced at Clavier and gave a nervous smile, he had been nice enough so far, though she had been a bit put-off by his friendly gesture earlier when he had placed his hands on her shoulders ... she was always weary of such attentions. Her gaze than shifting back to the other Hyur male, a curious look in her eyes, but she would quickly look away, hoping he wouldn't notice as her attentions turned back to the only other female aboard.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tobias' half-closed lashes lift to expose the man's dark gaze as Kieaira stares at him inquisitively. Perhaps unfortunately for her, just before she can fully escape a connection of unspoken words, the corner of her eyes could catch the indecipherable reflection in the calm Hyur's stare. His head was lowered just an ilm so only partial of his orbs were revealed to her. Once and if she finally broke gaze, his eyes would settle back to close.

The scent of lavender wafts lightly in the air around him as gloved fingers slide through the raven strands that fall loosely as bangs over his forehead. The slight shake of his head causes his hair to shuffle loosely about; another small burst of lavender again permeates from the Hyur. No doubt the delicate fragrance comes from oils that were used during his rather refreshing dip into icy waters before his arrival. The razor straight hair was fully dry by now, though due to his hurried situation, a bit of fly-away sways carelessly from the slight breeze that passes over the wagon.

X'ahce furrowed his eyebrows slowly as he found nothing else of strange nature coming from the Miqo'te.. Perhaps she's using her nickname.. But there's absolutely no way she's already comfortable with the crew to be so fond of such an informal greeting.

He shook his head, looking upwards to the scenery to detatch his growing curiousity. Looking to the others, he'd find the Hyur who's hair had seemed to finally dried out, but now the strong smell of lavander filled his nose now that he was paying attention to the man. A strange, yet quick, glance was given to the man as to why he smelled like garden. Closing his eyes briefly, he'd open them and look to the other Hyur.

The male had come across as a bit more affectionate at best and perhaps the most comfortable one here. His eyes darted over to the Keeper male, noticing the markings that were almost fully finished now. Truth be told, the accuracy of his drawings without a reflection was rather impressive. He'd clear his throat quietly and speak in a deep, yet clear voice, "Well done on the marking, by the way. You seem quite practiced in applying them on the move."

Having his bow in his lap, he'd shift it so the top corner of the bow and the string rested on his knee at an odd angle that managed to stay there and not fall off. Without any direct reasoning, he'd reach to his quivver and take out a square block of wood that was a little bigger than the shaft of an arrow. Withdrawing the dagger from his right sheath, he'd rest the block on the opposite knee and tilt it downwards as he slid the edge of the blade along the corners of the block, fletching it into something else in the meantime. He'd also make sure he was cutting it downwards and away from anyone else while holding a non-threatening attitude about it as if it was a hobby of the sorts.

Kieaira's nose twitched, as she turned her attention down to the sandwich, she wrapped it up once more and bent down to place it back inside her satchel to save for later, as she sat up her nose wiggled a few more times, her eyes scanning the others before stopping on the Hyur male seated across from her, this time she would not look away if he were to look back at her.

Her lips parted slightly, and nose twitched again. "Ah---" Her eyes closed and her head fell back. "Ah--" She inhaled sharply, before finally letting forth ... "Ah-choo!" A loud sneeze, moving her arm up to cover the sneeze with her sleeve, so as not to spray the others. She sniffled and twitched her nose again, as she peered back at the Hyur once more. "S-sorry..." she mumbled, sniffling a bit more.

Daca'li blinked at the mention of 'markings', his ears twitching as he turned his head to look over his shoulder. He stares a moment before nodding, "I've had a lot of practice," Daca'li murmurs as he looks forward once more. "Sometimes a rival tribe of Keepers may wander upon us and take offense to me and my family being in 'their' land...so sometimes, in order to invoke the full power of the moon...you have to be able to apply the paints as soon as possible and under stress." Daca'li nods before reaching to his previous seat, taking hold of his gauntlets and sliding both back on. "Though I imagine," the Keeper starts with raised brows, "my tribal warfare is nothing in comparison to the large tribes of the Seekers." He glances over his shoulder once more before settling his eyes on the female miqo'te, then the male; his ears twitch.

I apologize for not responding sooner!  I realize I left Kieaira hanging there

xD my power went out and it took forever for the internet to come back on.  I hope you guys don't mind if I try to catch up! 3 sorry again

Lorielle, a bit shocked to hear a small, soft greeting from the shy Miqo'te beside her, turned her head to look at her.  She kept her gaze away, clearly trying her hardest to make some light conversation.  Lorielle knew all too well how she felt, and was impressed that she even made the smallest attempt.

"My name is Lorielle," she said, delighted to hear that her greeting sounded natural and comfortable.  She had an irrational fear that her voice would crack or she would stutter.  She had no history of ever doing either.  "I am glad I did not have to look very hard for a seat," she said, trying her best to have as much input into the conversation as she could.  It was the least she could do for not having to be the one to break the ice.  "It's quite packed as it is."

She smiled sweetly, putting forth whatever friendly, inviting energy she could muster.  She would not let this opportunity at making her first friend slip away from her grasp.  She took another moment to glance around the cart.  One of the Miqo'te men finished his face painting, and Lorielle was quite impressed with the results.  He had an alarmingly steady hand for one who was jostling around in a moving caravan.  

She averted her gaze rather quickly, not wanting to be seen gawking at anyone.  She glances over everyone briefly, her eyes falling upon the raven haired man. His head was tilted down, and he was gazing out with downcast eyes. While everyone else seemed content or carrying on light conversation, he sat in silence. She considered saying something to get him into conversation, but she could not think of a thing to say, nor was she certain he was looking to make any friends on this trip.

She realized she had not looked away from him while she thought about speaking to him, and with a small jump jerked her eyes away. She now looked at the two Miqo'te males, listening to their discussion about face paint. She wanted to compliment him, for she was amazed by his skill, but her timidity caused her mouth to remain shut. 'One miracle at a time,' she thought to herself. She was happy to be talking to one person, let alone talking to two more. 

Speaking of her current conversation partner, a sudden sneeze from Kieaira caused Lorielle's head and shoulders to perk.  As she apologized aloud to everyone near, Lorielle reached into the pocket of her pants beneath her tunic and withdrew a simple white handkerchief.  She handed it to the Miqo'te girl, smiling in a way to reassure her that she could use it.

"I never have a use for it," she said, her tone light-hearted.  "It merely takes up space in my pocket," she chuckled.  Her aqua eyes were shimmering brightly, seeming to absorb the bright blue of the sky.  She was grateful for the sun finally rising enough to cast a more white light.  It took the redness out of her cheeks, slightly more than in the pink-hued morning, anyway.

Seated at the entrance staircase of the cart Clavier felt no need to take part in any conversation at the current time, merely drifting away within his own memories and nightmares as he stared out at the passing landscape and it's creatures as they moved by. His expression no longer having taken on that of a joyfull smile and welcoming look in his eyes, but only a grim look upon his face as his hands held tighter onto the bow as his mind fell into a certain darkness of memories.

Kieaira graciously accepted the handkerchief, blowing her nose softly, though it still wiggled here and there, and she sniffled a little, as if another sneeze was imminent in the very near future. "Thank you." She smiled lightly, tipping her head in gratitude. "I'm sure there will be more space once they get rid of some of these crates." She nodded towards the entrance of the cart, wondering just how many of the boxes would be unloaded at Black Brush Station.

Another soft sniffle brought the handkerchief once more to dab at her nose, but it seemed the sneeze was not yet ready. Kieiara's pale blue eyes looked past the raven-haired Hyur and the Seeker male, gazing at the scenery, as they passed by the Coffer and Coffin tavern, they would be stopping soon to unload some of the cargo and then it would be a few more bells to their rest stop at Camp Drybone.

As she shifted her gaze back to her traveling companions, she locked eyes briefly with the Seeker and a chill ran down her back, causing her to look away quickly, turning her attentions once more on the female Elezean, now known as Lorielle. "I... err... I hope it doesn't take too long to get to Gridania." she smiled again, trying to at least make polite conversation with her, the men were quiet for the most part, though the other Miqo'te had begun a conversation of their own, it was not anything she was too interested in ... or perhaps it was simply that she was not interested in those having the conversation, than the conversation itself... in any light, she was much more content to try and get to know Lorielle for the time being.

The cart came to a sudden stop, causing Kieaira to once more fall against the wall of the cart with a slight grunt. She wrinkled her nose and furrowed her brow as she pushed herself back up.

"Quick stop here at Black Brush, don't go running all over the place, we'll be leaving again right quick." Shouted the driver as he hopped down from his seat and walked around to the back, opening the gate, he grabbed one of the crates and headed off towards one of the merchants, leaving the travelers to themselves.

Kieaira bit her lip and looked from passenger to passenger, they had all been rather quiet for the first part of the trip, perhaps due to it still being so early in the morning. She hoped that as they headed off to Camp Drybone for lunch, some more conversation would break out, and break the uncomfortable silence that surrounded them.

"Should have a bit more room to move now." She commented with a nervous laugh as the cart driver returned and grabbed hold of another box, quickly disappearing again.

Lorielle looked down towards her companion, smiling and nodding firmly.  "I hope so as well," she said.  "Nothing makes you miss home quite like steaming beneath a desert sun," she said with a chuckle.  She could not wait to be back in Gridania, under the shaded canopies of trees and the cool rivers at every turn.

The cart suddenly halted, causing Lorielle to uncross her ankles quickly to place her feet firmly on the floor.  Kieaira fell against the back of the seat with an audible thud, bringing a sympathetic look to the Elezen's eyes.  Before she could ask if she was alright, the driver caught her attention.

Lorielle had no need to leave the cart.  She wondered if anyone did.  They had not bee riding for very long, and she felt no need to stretch her legs.  She would rather not risk losing the cart somehow and being unable to get back to Gridania.  She held her hands within her lap, looking down at the planks beneath her feet.  She would glance up to look around, but mostly she felt uncomfortable by the lack of conversation.  No one needed to be talking to her directly.  She enjoyed just listening to the sounds of others.  It was relaxing to her, and sometimes she could break the ice and find a way to join in.  Anything was better than eerie silence from everyone in the caravan.

Sitting beneath the fully risen sun was like laying by a campfire to the Elezen.  The thick fabric of her tunic hung heavily on her frame, and she desperately wished she had worn something more thin and flowing.  She tilted her head back, trying to catch even the slightest breeze.

Daca'li's eyes shifted to Kieara, a brow lofting at her comment. As they came to a halt, he simply shifted out of the way so the driver could take his cargo. "...suppose there will be more room now, yes." He said to break whatever silence befell them, "and seeing how no one else will..." He suddenly said as he hopped out of the caravan, stretching some before looking about. "Is this a job for most of you? Or are most using this as a form of transport to return home and make a few gil on the way?" Daca'li rose both brows as he looked from passenger to passenger. "So far, I've seen a few introverts and two timid females, no offense," he settles his eyes upon both females while offering a nod. "But it doesn't look like most of you are heavily involved in the Mercenary trade. Am I correct in this, or are mine eyes deceiving me?" Daca'li drew his spear, slowly twirling it before resting it along his shoulders, arms curling around the pole to rest.

Without a word Clavier stepped down the steps of the cart and onto the heavy sand, merely taking up a glimpse of the spear Daca'li had used almost as a leaning stick. Dragging his own feet through the sand he walked over to a small wall within the shadow of the bar, dropping down against it with a soft thud. Letting his own gaze linger upon the cart and it's occupants.

The driver eyes the two men whom, despite his words, had hopped out of the cart. "Oi, if you lot ain't gunna listen, you can help me with these last few boxes." He pointed at three more crates, grabbing one himself and lugging it back towards the merchants.

"Mercenary?" Kieaira's soft voice peeped up. "Err... No..." She glanced down at herself. Do I look like a mercenary? She questioned herself. She was dressed from head to toe in dark blue cloth, her tunic buttoned along the front with a frilly lace framing the bottom, a pair of glasses rest upon her nose, and she carried a small book with her wherever she went, giving her more of a librarian look than anything else. Aside from her satchel and her book, she bore no weapons, nor did it seem she had been in many fights in her lifetime.

"H-Home..." She stuttered out, and a soft flush came to her cheeks. "I'm going home." She said again, more firmly, pausing to glance towards the other two males that had remained on board, and silent. Their silence was almost eery, giving Kieaira the chills even.

"Didn't think so," he eyes the male that had hopped out, watching as he goes off to be alone. He rolls his eyes, quietly sighing before peering back into the cart. Before he could reply with anything, he was cut off by the cart driver barking out an order. "Just stretchin' the legs a bit, oh humble driver!" He presses two fingers to his forehead to give a mock salute. With that, his eyes turn back to the one who had addressed his question. 

"Are you of a tribe?" His eyes fall to the Seeker for a moment before shifting back to the woman, "your name is strange. I've never heard that sort of name before among Keepers or Seekers." He tilts his head, "if that's too personal a question just ignore it." He slides the spear from his shoulders, tapping the bottom against the dirt before inclining his head forward, "before you answer that...you're awfully timid. Are you afraid of something? The talk of bandits was all for fun, I assure you." His eyes fall to the two males that were otherwise silent, "or is it for another reason?"

Before the caravan party had reached Black Brush Station, X'ache had given Tobias a quizzical glance after the Miqo'te had caught scent of the lavender coming from the Midlander. If the glance was noticed, it was left unchecked as Tobias continues to fiddle with the few stray strands that plagues him, trying in vain to manage the unruly mane.

As much as he might have wanted to meet with Kiearia's outlook, the irritation of his hair that flutters about toils him. It was Kiearia's sneeze that brought his attention back to his surroundings and to stop fussing with his head. However, by the time he gives up on taming his hair and glances at her, the Miqo'te female would have already engaged in a conversation with the other woman. The black leather gloved hands slips back onto his lap as he catches bits and pieces of the small-talk amongst the women, decidedly staying voiceless as most of the other men did....

Closed eyes slowly open as his body sways but a little from the sudden halt of the cart, then peers down quickly under the spot Kieaira sits. If Tobias had fallen asleep or not was anyone's guess, but now he begins to rummage through the various pouches strapped to him after the driver headed off.

"Oi, hurry up with the stuff! Again I do most of the haulin'! I only asked for bit of help if any felt to volunteer and get us on our merry faster, but you! I at least get to boss you around for the time bein'!" the driver calls out after he grabs one of the three remaining crates.

"Of course." was murmured from Tobias as he continues to search for something in one of his pouches.

"And don' drop anything!"

"I will do my best."

"Oi! Make sure you grab the right crates too!"

"...I will do my be-" his gritted response cut off similar to the first time the two men had a chit-chat.

"Don't be gettin' anything wet neither!"

"By the Twelves man, I am dry!"

"Well then hurry up! And why the Seven Hells does it smell like lavender in there?!" Blondie-Blue Eyes says over his shoulder as he already was making his way towards the merchant again.

"Errrgh..." Tobias squeezes his eyes shut and rubs at his brows before he finishes searching through the pouches.

If he found what he was looking for would again be anyone's guess as he produces a small, thin vial from one of the belt pouches. It's contents were mostly vacant, save for but a little bit of liquid. "Oh..." he utters under his breath with a surprised expression. Tobias puts two and two together and stifles a laugh before he looks over at Kiearia. If the Miqo'te woman looks over to the Hyur with the midnight-hair, she would see the vial cradled between two slender fingers and lips mouthing out a silent 'Sorry' before a smile appears with a shred of embarrassment on unblemished features.

Lorielle. The Elezen woman with the brown braided halo on her crown and lovely mixed eyes was cast another glance from the Hyur after he looks away from the woman Miqo'te. He recalls the two having just a smidge longer of wordless exchanges when their gazes first touch; she did not look away from him nor he from her until that miniscule jump she did tears her look apart. Silent communication between the two would again be his choice. This time, however, it was not with downcast eyes as Tobias looks to her squarely, an ease about his expression, though genial still yet to be determined.

Whatever the case may be for his silence, the Hyur brings his legs up and closer to his chest as he leans backwards against the edge of the caravan until he rolls himself backwards in exit. He made sure to keep himself tucked and tight as to not accidentally kick Kiearia as he rolls out of the wagon. Deft in movement and landing, Tobias strolls casually to the opening of the wagon where there were two more crates to haul. He slips another nod of his head to Seeker Daca'li as he approaches the Miqo'te and grabs one of the crates. Two down, one to go.

Fortunately for Tobias, he was dressed more appropriately for the terrain than in comparison to the Elezen lady at the very least. The heaviest burden was the tight fitting thigh-high black leather boots, though effectively keeping any sand from invading his feet or legs due to his short white breeches, hardly breaking a sweat from the sun.

"Tribe?" Her ears perked up and she stole a glance towards the Seeker male, before looking back to Daca'li. "Err..." She shook her head no, raising one hand to gently rub at the tip of her right ear while biting down on her lower lip, seeming rather nervous about the topic at hand.

Another glance towards the Seeker, as she sunk back in her seat, now silently praying he would perhaps be getting off before the caravan made it to Gridania, at any case she had no plans to keep close by once they arrived. After a moment of staring at her hands which had fallen back into her lap she looked back to the Keeper male, and forced a small, awkward smile. Should I offer him more? She questioned herself, wondering how deep his curiosity ran. She glanced to Lorielle, a look of desperation in her eyes, as if pleading with the woman to say something, interrupt ... but she didn't really expect much, the girl was just as shy as she was, and probably grateful that she wasn't the one on trial.

"That's the last one!" The driver called towards Tobias, tipping his head towards the travelers. "We're leaving." He called out to Clavier whom has sauntered off. "If you're not on board in five minutes, we're leaving without ya."

Kieaira shifted in her seat, turning her body so she would be resting against the corner of the cart. "Why are you headed to Gridania?" She threw the question out to Daca'li, not wanting him to probe further into her life, especially with so many strange men about.

X'ahce would nod at the comment on the warfare of tribes and looked back towards the block he was fletching. Listening to the light conversation of the two women, he'd fall back into his own focus in carving the wood. He'd glance up for a moment as he felt a set of eyes upon him only to capture the gaze of the miqo'te female. She'd look away so quick, he'd simply shrug it off and continue cutting the wood for a brief moment before feeling the cart come to a stop. Pressing the flat end of the blade to the wood to prevent any accidental cuts, he'd look up in time to see the miqo'te hit her back against the back of the cart. His attention shifting to the drivers words and then back to Kieaira and her comment. Nodding his head in agreement, he'd still remain silent as to focus on the fletching.

Not long after he had diverted his attention, the Keeper male drew it back at the question of everyone's trade. He'd open his mouth to say something, but would cut himself off as his mind's eye focused on the two extremely timid women, and deciding best to keep his mouth shut. He'd avert his gaze back at the wood in the talk of 'Mercenary' trade and continue fletching once more.

Once more his attention would divert to the Keeper-- Oh good, a question that's rather neutral at best, "My names X'ahce (( For non-miqo'te, you'd simply say 'Ace' when dropping the tribal name )). So yes, I'm a part of the 'X' tribe, or as others say, the Lynx tribe. Either works." His eyes shifting to the miqo'te female as the Keeper hit the nail on the head in terms of his own curiousity. Though he wanted to know the answer, his attention would shift back to the Hyur beside him and the little conversation between him and the driver. A humorous smirk would play on his features as he listened to the two almost bicker back and forth in a sort of banter. 

Once he heard Kieaira speak, he'd look back to her and only to capture her gaze briefly as she'd only have glanced at him. He'd then simply nod to the driver as he had noted a five minute warning. He'd continue fletching the block of wood as his eyes shifted back to the Keeper male when he was asked why he was going to Gridania, once more his own curiousity getting the best of him.

Lorielle raised her head for a moment, considering answering the question of what her occupation was.  She refrained, however.  Explaining why she was here and what her purpose was would take far too much time and effort.  She cared not for unraveling her entire life before these strangers.  She also did not want to put them all to sleep with her story-telling.

Instead, she sat and listened to the passing conversations all around her.  It seemed to burst forth from seemingly nowhere.  An exchange between the driver and the raven haired man, talk between Kieaira and one of the Miqo'te males, and all the questions suddenly aimed at Kieaira.  She was noticeably squirming beneath them.  Lorielle decided to cut in, catching a small glance up to her from the nervous Miqo'te.

She quickly began combing through questions she could ask.  Gridania is your home as well?  Where in Gridania do you live?  No, don't ask that.  The last thing she would want to do is announce to everyone where they could find her.  Why she seemed so nervous was beyond her, but she was certain she had her reasons.  Then it hit her.

Ah, her book.  The Elezen smiled, her eyes dancing with pride.  She could ask about her book.  Surely that would be something she would enjoy talking about, as it appeared to be one of the only things she had on her at the moment.

"Kieaira," Lorielle said softly, hoping to get her attention without startling her.  "Might I ask what book you have there?"  She wore a faint, friendly smile, the corners of her lips spread a bit wider than if she wore a natural straight face.  She titled her head a bit, looking more inquisitive than demanding, she hoped.

She wanted to look around one final time.  Just a quick glance around to everyone before Kieaira answered her question.  But she remembered her last gazing exchange with the dark featured Hyur, and would rather spare herself the embarrassment for now.  She kept her gaze on the timid Miqo'te, her ocean-like eyes relaxed.

Kieaira wrinkled her nose and frowned. Why does that Keeper keep looking at me?! She shook her head, turning her attention back to Lorielle and giving a small smile, a look of thanks in her eyes.

"Oh this?" She pulled the book into her lap, it was thick, bound with white leather, but had no title, and no other markings that would make anyone think it was anything special. "It's nothing really... More of a notebook than anything. I tend to keep it with me at all times, I-- err, I'm a bit of a note taker." She placed a hand over the book and glanced at the others. I hope that doesn't make anyone curious...

"Alright we're heading out, get back on, or get left behind!" The driver called out as he hopped back into his seat making the cart rock slightly. Kieaira shifted, settling herself back against the wall of the cart once more. It's going to be a long ride. She thought to herself, letting forth a small sigh.

The silent Midlander made no indication that he heard the driver when he first called out to the group that they were leaving in five minutes. He had simply vanished from sight after he dropped off the second crate to the merchant.

Tobias' absence was not long enough for anyone to miss him, though. Or care for that matter. As the driver hops back into his seat, he notices Tobias standing on the opposite side of from where he had been before hopping back up into the wagon.

"Come on then, we're leav--what is that?" the driver asks as he peers down to look at what Tobias was holding. Then the Blonde Hyur notices something immediately different about the man standing on the ground near him--his cheeks were bulged. "Are you eating?"

"Nuu..."

"What are you eatin'?"

"...nuffin?"

"Is...WAS THAT MINE!?" the driver looks over at his bag and sees it noticeably deflated.

"Mmm, noop?"

"So where is mine?!" he protests while showing Tobias the empty bag. To which the hamster-cheeked Hyur shrugs and offers a stuffed smile in response. "Gh..whh..hn...that was supposed to last until the next station! You owe me a meal next stop!"

"Awwrigh'."

"Gah...GET ON THE DAMNED CARAVAN!" the driver huffs exasperatedly.

Tobias rolls back up from the side of the caravan the same way he made his exit. He makes what may surprise some as a soft, nearly inaudible landing without so much as rocking the wagon again. The still slightly puffy-cheeked Midlander takes out the rest of the food he had not yet consumed, looking quite pleased with himself and pays no attention to anyone for the time being.

Lorielle's eyes widened slightly, her thin brown brows rising on her forehead.  She smiled wider, one side pulling up higher in a sort of slim grin.

"A journal?" She said, sounding impressed.  "That sounds like a fun, relaxing thing to keep.  I might have to start my own when I get back home."  She recalled trying to keep a journal when she was younger.  She never got very far with it.  Nothing of note ever really happened that didn't occur every day for her.  Now, living on her own and travelling as often as she did, a personal journal would be just the way to keep track of her progress.

She paused from their current conversation as she heard the driver raise his voice.  She turned her head slightly, seeing the exchange between the two male Hyur.  Apparently someone's lunch was smuggled.  She was surprised the driver took it as well as he did, and turned her head back to Kieaira as the man seated himself in the caravan.

Her head perked for a moment, a smile grazing her face as she turned and began digging into a small satchel attached to her leather belt.  She pulled out a small leather book, small enough to be held open comfortably in one hand.  She handed it to Kieaira, a bit surprised with herself.  She was being much more open than she thought she could be, and was delighted to be so outgoing.

"I don't keep anything as intricate as a journal," she said in a complimenting tone, "But I love to draw some of the things I see in my travels."  Inside the small book were various ink drawings of flowers, small animals like ground squirrels, and even sketches of people.  Some of them were painted in light layers of water color, but most were only provided the yellow color of the aged pages.

Kieaira's ears twitched and she turned her head towards the conversation between the attractive driver and the raven-haired male, she leaned back a bit to peek between the boards of the cart, her gaze landed on the traveler, his cheeks puffed out and a few crumbs spraying from his lips as he spoke. A smile crept its' way onto her face and she couldn't help but let forth a soft chuckle.

As the male hopped back onto the back of the cart, a flush touched her cheeks and she quickly turned to look at Lorielle, well at what she was handing over. A small notebook of drawings. Slowly she flipped through the book, taking time to look at each one. "Wow..." she said softly. "These are -really- good." She paused on a picture of a small furry creature, and a thought of Kyubey, the little carbuncle came to her. She made a mental note to start a letter to Aartur soon, and closed the notebook, handing it back to Lorielle. "Thank you for sharing these with me, they are beautiful."

The grumblings of the driver brought her attention forward, and she reached down into her satchel, pulling forth the other half of her sandwich. "Here." She said softly, holding it up towards the driver, who looked over his shoulder and laughed, flashing her a smile. "Oh that's just fine, we'll be stopping in a bit, I'll survive 'till then." He winked at her, before shooting a glare in Tobias' direction.

Kieaira blushed and lowered her hand, looking down at the sandwich. "Hrm..." She mumbled, and then looked towards the raven-haired man. "Still hungry?" She squeaked, her voice cracking, making her cheeks turn a deeper red as she held the other half of the sandwich out towards him, but trying to avoid any sort of eye contact.

His fingertips scooped some sand up as he stood up from the shade - softly humming a gridanian song to himself as he made his way back to the cart. Shortly letting his gaze linger on each occupant before taking a seat at his former spot just at the small steps of the cart.

Fortunately for Kieaira, the crumb-flecked Hyur was too absorbed in his latest 'escapade' to have noticed her quickly looking elsewhere when he pulls himself back up onto the caravan, were it even possible or not in the first place.

Tobias finishes up the last bit of his meal with a sigh of satisfaction. He reaches hands outside of the caravan and briskly dusts them off before he rummages through his largest bag. Soon he produces a leather waterskin and replaces it back into his bag after he takes a quick draught. 

As he checks himself over to make sure nothing had spilled onto him while he was eating, his attention is taken away from himself as he observes the exchange between the shy Miqo'te and his attractive employer. Tobias' lips curl upwards into a cheeky grin in response to the driver's glare, but his demeanor shifts from mischief to surprise as he first hears Kieaira's squeaked question before looking over at the offered sandwich.

The handsome, angular visage of the Midlander leans towards the shy girl across from him, more so keeping his focus on her than the sandwich with a gentle expression playing about his features. If he could catch her evasive glance, to view back into the darkened eyes of the Hyur, she would be greeted with a gracious smile and a kind of radiance in his gaze that might otherwise seem contradictory due to the near black irises.

Either way if she did or not, a hand goes over the presented sandwich as the other delicately cups over the slender, feminine hand that presents the offered item to him. His own long, elegant digits overlap the top of her hand, but makes quite certain not to curl his fingers around her hand so as to not startle her as much as he probably was going to be. Still, Tobias let his hand lay gingerly over hers, still hoping to catch Kiearia's averting eyes.

Before the cart took off, he slid back into the back and sat himself by the front, resuming his last position with his legs dangling out the edge. "I live there," Daca'li said with a nod, "The Black Shroud, I mean. I'm a nomad of sorts." He lightly shrugs before adjusting the spear along side his lap, keeping the pole pressed to his chest. "I'm here for pay and transportation, nothing more or less." 

Next, he shifted his gaze to the Seeker, X'ache, brows knitting forward at the response. "Ah, I see. And I assume you're on your way to Gridania for...business? If I may ask." Daca'li watched at the next proceedings, eyeing the exchange of the sandwich with a stoic gaze. His ears twitched before he rolled his neck, heaving a heavy sigh before shifting his gaze to the Elezen woman.

As if he were determined to make these shy women...not-so shy...he shifted his eyes back to the Elezen woman, "you're an artist?" He inclines his head to the book, he handed to Kieaira, "I don't often mingle with your kind, but I have heard murmurs of Elezen ingenuity and talent." He shifts his gaze back out as they continue down the road, as if he were thinking on anything else he could speak to these people about. He simply huffed. He wouldn't be the starter of every conversation, and reserved to wait until his questions were already addressed. 

(Sorry I took so long. x_x I had something come up.)