Back to Gridania (Open RP)

Tobias sighs with a lighthearted roll of his eyes as she berates him for his brash actions. "Alright, alright, as you wish." another sigh as he lies mostly on the ground, but barely props himself up with his forearms.

"Why would I need to be still? It hardly hurt laaaaaaahhhh--that is why." he cringes and presses his lips tight. His eyes keep on the thread to observe her work, though the sight of blood and the skin that tugs does nothing to bother the Hyur. "I did a poor job at patching things up it would seem." murmurs under his breath, audible enough for Lorielle to hear but rather says it more to himself.

"Ah..." Tobias makes a soft sound of release as Lorielle plucks the last bit of thread from his wound "Most certainly did not do such a proficient job." he says a little more audibly as they both peer at the still gaping wound. The patient notices his care taker move her eyes up to look at him, but by the time he looks to meet them, they were gone as she focuses back down to the task.

The fully healed Hyur was clearly caught off guard by her to touch as she looks over her handiwork with a touch. The trail of her fingers across the light mark causes his abdomen to barely twitch as his lips push up into a brief smile. However, he stifles any sound that might have come out. He wanted to say something after she was done, but falls silent as he hears the driver begin to give orders to those around him. Tobias watches Lorielle with no words spoken but instead gazes at the sudden burst of tresses that cascade down to her waist. Another wisp of a smile from the Hyur appears and disappears just as suddenly as he suddenly hears Kieaira request something of him.

"I suppose I should start being a touch more helpful than just run after ladies." the gentle tone returns with a touch of lightheartedness. He hops back up and goes to setup and start the campfire, decidedly going to have to thank the Elezen woman again. It would seem Tobias was not out of Lorielle's debt quite yet--but that would probably suit him just fine.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His body stirred with his gaze shifting to Lorielle and Tobias. "They seem to be getting along nicely." he remarked while moving his hands through the hard sand before seemingly trying to get back on his feet. The effects of the toxins still seemingly still afflicting his physical condition as Clavier was forced to plant a hand against the cart to remain stable upon his feet.

Both his gaze and mind wandered to the sky as he stood against the cart, "Why are you going back to Gridania?", the question was not just asked to Kieara but to most of his companions that traveled to Gridania. Fingertips idly tapping into the wooden side of the cart.

Lorielle hopped up into the caravan, her long hair sticking to her neck and back from the heat.  She couldn't wait for the night to take full reign and bathe her in frigid cold.  Until then, she would bear with the heat, the sweat, and her unruly locks.  She popped one of the lids off of the crates, sighing with relief as she saw many folds of fabric.  She found the right box on the first go, so it would seem.

She heard Clavier ask a question, and by the tone assumed he wasn't talking to anyone directly.  Without parting herself from her current task, she spoke over her shoulder.

"The Black Shroud is my home," she said.  "I thought I might expand my traveling experience and come visit Ul'dah.  But it's far too hot here and I am far too homesick to be away from Gridania any longer."

She pulled one of the rolled sleeping bags from the box, studying it without unrolling it.  A tent was already found, so she had seen, so she went about pulling as many sleeping bags as she could find.  There were five, no more and no less.  She took a moment to glance around, counting heads as she had seemingly forgotten how many travelers were among her.

Herself, Kieaira, Tobias, Clavier, the driver, and the two Miwo'te men.  Seven travelers and only five sleeping bags?  She placed the sleeping bags on the floor of the cart beside her feet, rummaging through the open crate before popping open the lids to several others.

"There's only five sleeping bags," she said, turning around to address anyone who would have heard her.  Kieaira and Clavier were nearest to her, and so her eyes fell upon them.

Kieaira was busy looking through the basket of food the driver had handed over to her. There were plenty of vegetables ... no meat though. Ah well, vegetable stew it was! She lifted her head at Claviers comment about Lorielle and Tobias. She glanced in their direction and nodded her head. "Mmhm... Like an old married couple."

She looked over at Lorielle as she came back to the cart, pausing to answer Claviers question. "Business." She said softly, not offering any more detail than that. Whatever she was going to Gridania for, she seemed to want to keep to herself.

"Lorielle...." she said softly. "I don't suppose you found a pot in those crates?" She looked back down at the basket, sure she could easily make up a stew, but it would be pretty darn hard without something to cook it in.

X'ahce stood from where he was sitting, deciding against his natural reclusive nature to those outside of his tribe. Walking back towards the caravan, noticing the romantic scene between Tobias and Lorielle, consisting of heart-warming tugging of skin and blood and eye-catching stitching of admiration. He smirked at his own thoughts, looking over to Clavier that proposed the non-direct question, "Strictly business, nothing more." He approached the back of the caravan as Lorielle had begun to rummage through the boxes. His eyes caught the tent even though hers were particularly on the five sleeping bags. 

He blinked for a moment as he counted the sleeping bags.. And then counted the number of travelers.. "Well, either two are going to without one, or they're going to have to share with another." The first thing coming to mind was the shy miqo'te sharing a sleeping bag with someone. He resisted the urge to point it out, but he did divert his attention back to the tent, "How big is it? Enough to cover all of us or just a select few?"

While waiting for a response, he patted the pocket where the arrowheads were and reached into it, letting his fingers count the few arrowheads he had left after using them as a safe assault on the toad.

It would be easy to make a comment. "There's only five sleeping bags." Lorielle had said. A silent battle wages inside the Hyur as his jaw tightens as and clenches his teeth down onto his tongue with closed lips. Finally, decency won for once as Tobias continues on setting up the campfire in silence, though a smirk manages to creep over his features despite his efforts to hide them.

"Well, either two are going to without one, or they're going to have to share with another." X'ache comments. The situation was obvious, but it was as if X'ache wanted someone to say something, baiting anyone to state the even more obvious. It would be TOO easy to make a comment. Had X'ache been a different Miqo'te Tobias knew, there would be been a silent exchange. The Midlander chokes back a laughter, stifling the noise as he tries to hold back the comments and laugh entirely.

To the Seven Hells with deceny. "Then hopefully some of us get rather comfortable with one another by the end of the night." he states in a mostly casual manner, but the underlying mischief unmistakable. However, he would resist the urge to look at either Lorielle or Kieaira after making his comment--as much as he wanted to do otherwise. Save at least some decency for the rest of the trip.

"The Hell you'll be sharing a roll with anyone." the driver suddenly mentions as he comes into view of the group with some things in hand.

"Perish the thought."

"Yeah, especially the women folk thought."

"Never even occured." retorts calmly.

"You sleep with the Choc's tonight." the driver grumbles.

"Already planned on it."

The driver only smirks down at Tobias as the two pass glances to each other before the Blonde-Blue Hyur wanders back off to other business. Once the driver leaves, Tobias stands after he finishes setting up the campfire. With a dust of his hands, he then goes to where the tent lies to begin his next task, decidedly staying silent to the question of the 'why back to Gridania'. If any of them look over to Tobias to see if he would answer, they would instead be given a silent momentary stare in response.

Kieaira looked towards X'ahce and then to the tent. "It doesn't look like it's going to be very big..." She wrinkeled her nose at the thought of having to share a sleeping bag with someone else ... sure she was small but .... A thought came to her!

Well ... I don't take up much room, I'm sure we could all squeeze into the tent ... and if we unzip the sleeping bags and use some on the bottom and others as blankets, we could all sleep comfortably .... I hope." She squeaked out the last few words, still feeling a bit uncomfortable, but if they all slept together, no one would be left out, and no one would be getting too friendly. She glanced towards the tent wondering how big it was as well as the questions was asked.

"Five man ... best I could do." Shouted the driver from further off. Kieaira turned her head, a curious gaze crossing her features as she bit down on her lip, battling with herself before finally stepping away from the group and heading off towards the driver.

"Can I help with anything?" Her voice came out just barely above a whisper as she peered over her shoulder to see what it was he was doing. The driver had a long thick stick in his hand and a knife in the other and was sharpening the end into a point.

"Making a new spear ... will have to do until we get back to Gridania." He said in response to her wandering eyes. "You're making dinner, aye?" He nodded towards the basket of vegetables she was carrying around. "You should be able to find a pot ... not so sure about bowls though." He nodded back towards the cart.

"Oh ... T-thanks." she forced a small smile, still a bit uncomfortable from his brash actions earlier. "Umm.... It occurs to me that I don't even know your name..." He paused what he was doing and turned his head, his piercing blue gaze looking down at her, catching her eyes with his own, she felt as if she could not look away, even as a blush touched her cheeks for about the millionth time this trip.

"Draevyn." He finally said, in that sultry smooth tone of his, flashing her a smile of his pearly whites. He pushed the knife into the hand with his stick and moved to grasp hers before she could pull back. "A pleasure..." He grinned, leaning down to place a kiss upon the back of her hand, which only made the girl silently freak out even more.

"I-I-I should go make ... soup ... food..." She stuttered, finally pulling her hand back once he let go and stood up once more, chuckling. She didn't wait for a response and turned around, walking quickly back towards the cart to find said pot, and perhaps a knife and something to use as bowls, leaving the encounter behind, though she was still blushing when she returned to the group.

"I had no intention to get some solid sleep. It's not wise for everyone to sleep in a place like this." 

What am I even doing.. His gaze shifted over to a small stream of water safely protected by rocks from the toxins of the dead toad laying not that far from it still unmoving with the arrows stuck within the carcass. Both hands gripping onto the collar of his hempen shirt as he pulled it over his head, hanging it on the edge of the cart.

"Hopefully the water is cold enough."

As he turned around to let his back face the companions he traveled with. A brand very similar to that of Garlemald flag of the Empire was visible on his upper back spreading from shoulder to shoulder. The sand rose from the ground as his feet dragged through it till he reached the small stream and sat down beside it.

Lorielle acknowledged Kieaira's plan for the sleeping bag dilemma with a nod.  "I suppose we should see how big the tent is and plan from there," she stated simply.  She looked exhausted.  She watched with heavy eyes as Clavier got up to sit beside the clean pool of water.  She was sure it would still be cold.  Night had barely started to settle in.

She climbed from the caravan, walking across the hard sand to the pool, kneeling down a comfortable distance away from the Hyur.  She looked down at the water, seeing no toxic film, only her reflection and the sky above.  She reached a tentative hand in, her arm tensing up upon contact.

"Very cold," she said breathlessly, as if responding to Clavier's earlier remark.  She took a handful of the clean water, dumping it over her head and sliding back her mass of hair.  She sighed with relief, sweeping her hands back further to scoop up all of her hanging hair.  She combed through it all a few times before twisting it, holding it up, twisting it again, pulling it to the side, and holding it against the back of her head.

She reached down to her chemise, picking off the silver and emerald hair pin and securing the wrapped bun to her head.  It was loose and a bit messy, leaving some of her sideswept fringe to hang along the edge of her face, but it kept it off of her neck.  She used just a bit more water to rinse over her back and shoulders, then leaned back to relax.  It finally became colder as the sun his behind the dusty horizon, but not cold enough for the melting Elezen.

After giving herself a breather, she was up on her feet again.  She began walking towards the caravan, seeing Kieaira beginning to rummage about for the pot she mentioned earlier.

"Do you need any help?" Lorielle asked.  Clearly, she had to be doing something constantly.  She wasn't one to sit back and relax often, as much as she may have needed a rest.

So I kiiiiiiiinda did a 'filler' post which turned out I didn't exactly need since it really adds nothing to progress the story. So, to avoid the HUGE wall of text that just has a bunch of useless RP recap, I added a Spoiler Tag to it. Honestly, you do NOT need to read it if you are just looking to see what bits you can respond to accordingly and what is ACTUALLY progressing the story along. Keep up the AWESOME RP everyone! Can't wait until night time

xD

Tobias was casual in his pace when setting the tent. It might prove little difficulty in pitching, but he would have it erect well before the sun takes it's last light over Thanalan. As he works, he begins to check off mental notes and summarizes the situation and the members of the caravan thus far.

From Ul'dah to Black Brush Station without so much of a hitch. From Black Brush Station to...to...Seven Hells they barely made tracks. For the most part, the entire traveling company remained silent. That all changed when they were derailed by a Toxic Toad. The two Chocobo's had run off in a frenzy, causing one to actually impale Tobias though other than that and Clavier being poisoned, no other serious injuries took place. They fell the beast, though Draevyn had lost his spear in the process for the time being. Fortune decided to assist them in finding the two run-away birds fairly easily and now they were all hopefully out of harm's way with dusk approaching.

The Hyur archer with green eyes, Clavier. Skilled with the bow who seems to have known Kiearia before the caravan departed from Ul'dah. The two had conversed in brief jokes as Tobias helped Clavier along after he was poisoned from the Toxic Toad, despite the dark-eyed Hyur's own injury at the time. Clavier was a touch too far away for Tobias to see specifically what was on the archer's back, but he did at least see something.

A male Miqo'te, X'ahce. Tanned skin and clad in black leather. Also a wielder of stick and string, though Tobias did not get to witness how much of a marksman the Seeker of the Sun was during the battle. However, the Hyur did notice X'ahce whittle away at some point in time during their travels. Little interaction between the two. Last Tobias saw of him, the Miqo'te was near the caravan with Kiearia.

There was another Tobias tries to recall. A Seeker or Keeper, he could not remember, but there was a Miqo'te. Was one. Before the Toxic Toad had set the caravan off course, the Miqo'te male had disembarked in silence. A pity as they could have used the bit of help. Though, had he stuck around, the party would have gotten to be much more...cozy. No significant interaction that comes to mind.

His head turns from his task as he looks about when he notices the Elezen woman at the pool of water by Clavier. Lorielle's shifting blue to green eyes first and foremost in his thoughts. Luxurious brown hair that cascade down to her waist in an abundance of tiny waves. Perhaps it was a dark chestnut in shade? Tobias was never good with color specifics. Dark eyes lower back to the tent as it begins to give him a little trouble. A few moments together stand out. Her healing touch. His acrobatic save with a cliched twist. Her healing touch again. A miniscule smile peaks as he looks up just to see her head over to the caravan where Kiearia was at and X'ahce was near. Tobias still had a gratitude towards the Conjurer unpaid.

Kiearia. The 'Mona Lisa' smile of the Hyur replaced with a thoughtful expression as he continues to work. He had noticed the blush to her cheeks as she walked by, coming from where Draevyn was. The Tent Pitcher did not need to see the specifics to have a good idea of what the driver could have possibly done. After all, unbeknownst to the others, the two had history. However, the only real memory of the nervous Miqo'te female brought about a twitching frown. Tobias vividly remembers her legs being pulled up to her chest and curls away from the Midlander when they first actually met and she had asked his name. Ah well, he still at least had the sandwich. Hopefully.

Mental notes and summarization lastly fall upon Draevyn. The two had history, that might have been clear to some as they seem to act more familiar than that of a regular employee and employer would be. Limsa Lominsa was the only thought that crosses Tobias' mind as the driver suddenly saunters up to him.

"Seven Hells is that?" Tobias starts with an incredulous look at the sharpened stick. His tone casual and even.

"M'ah spear." Draevyn's demeanor returned in kind. The two continue to converse casually, though loud enough for anyone to hear if they were to focus on the conversation.

"You mean a toothpick?"

"It'll take some time for the toxicity and filth to dissipate from the carcass, if it does at all. Even then, damned thing might have slid into the belly of the beast so I'm not sure how willin' I am to get it back. So unless you have a better idea, yes--a damned tooth pick."

"Fair enough."

"Need any help with this thing?"

"Aye, why not?" Tobias accepts with a small shrug as the two begin to work at what is left of erecting the large tent.

Neither men look towards the caravan or anywhere else as they talk, eyes kept on each other or the tent.

"Enjoy your time with the Miqo'te?" the next question from Tobias comes while they work.

"Heh, saw that did ya?"

"No need to. She passed by coming from your direction. Besides, not like it was not myself who taught you to do that."

"Oi!" Draevyn's laugh louder than their conversation, but he regains control of the volume and mocks, "O'course you did. Tobias, great lover of many a women, ye'? So suave and smooooth."

"Funny." a dry reply.

"And don'think I haven't seen the way you catch eyes with both of them lasses. Especially the Elezen."

"Twelves take you, Draevyn! We exchanged pleasantries while she was busy making sure that I was not taken instead!" he protests in earnest.

"Menphina's tit! Alrigh', what about the other girl?"

"What about her?"

"I heard you when ya both were back in the caravan before the damned Toad attacked. The same way you taught me, right?"

"Seems you did not notice her reaction then."

"Hah, losin' your touch, eh?"

"Who said I ever had it?"

"Bah! Menphina's tit!"

The two continue to work in silence, the tent nearly complete when another conversation comes forth.

"Earlier...." Draevyn begins.

"There are a lot of earliers." Tobias calm and genial, already knowing where this was going.

"Ya know which earlier."

"And?"

"You're a right arse when you need ta-be. I'm trying to say sorry ya Shite."

"Let it go, Draevyn. We can ill afford to live in the past."

"And how much have you let go?"

"More baggage than one-hundred Chocobo's can burden."

"Th'heh, baggage...." Draevyn's eyes slightly widens just as Tobias does as well; both come to a realization at the same time.

Whispers from Draevyn "Did you...?" words fade as blue eyes dart towards the area of the caravan where everyone was seated.

"Not since the attack." Tobias whispers in response. No one able to hear lest they were somehow right next to the men without them noticing.

"Thal's balls. I have it here. Go..." Draevyn signals Tobias away with a slight head gesture before taking over the basically complete tent.

The raven-haired Hyur moves and picks up a small crate before he too goes towards the caravan where Kieaira, Lorielle, and X'ahce are nearby.

Kieaira was busy shifting through boxes, but looked up with a smile as Lorielle asked if she could lend a hand. "Could you ... maybe ... find something we could use as bowls?" She rubbed her ear sheepishly, before going back to searching for said pot.

Let's see here... She mentally made notes as she looked through a few of the crates. Fabric? Must be for one of the merchants along the trail... Or perhaps a weaver. Next box... Oh ... What are these? Kieaira pulls her hand from one of the crates, looking with interest at the small earrings that hung from her hands, one shaped like a cactaur, the other a bomb. So cute! She glanced towards the driver and found him looking right back at her, he gestured with his hands for her to put them back. Must be for a merchant... I'll have to find out ... they're so cute! She pushed the box aside and reached for the next one. "Success!" She cheered to herself as she pulled out a pot and hopped down from the back of the cart.

Humming happily she headed off towards the water where Clavier sat. "Feeling alright?" She tilts her head to the side, peering at the mark on his back with curiosity, but she was not brave enough to ask about it. She knelt down and filled the pot with some of the clean water, cupping her hand to take a small sip beforehand to assure it would be safe to cook with. "Don't go passing out on us now." She offered a small smile, it seemed the more she was around this group, the more comfortable she felt about opening up ... at least to the point where she could talk to them with ease.

His gaze tracked Kieara's movements and noticed her own look locking onto his upper back with curiosity. A light smile formed upon his lips as he turned his head to look at her as she addressed him, 

"I have no intention to lose my consiousness. I can still feel it's toll on me though." 

Both hands moving up through his black hair to comb it backwards, drops of cold water sliding down his neck. "What are you going to cook?" he'd ask her with the same light-hearted expression present. The water dripping from his hands as he scooped it up and splashed it onto his face.

"Just some vegetable soup..." Her gaze on the water as it filled the pot. "We don't have any meat ... or spices..." She wrinkled her nose and let forth a soft sigh. "I should see if I can find some herbs... or maybe get someone else too..."

She pulled the pot back, now mostly full with water and grunted slightly as she lifted. "Don't stay away too long ... the fire should be going soon, and you should be nearby in case something happens." She offered a small smile, and began to wobble back towards the others, gripping the large pot by the handles, and splashing a bit of the water onto her pants and the ground as she struggled a bit with the pot.

As she stood up and wobbled back in the direction of the caravan so did Clavier. "I'm sure the other people traveling to Gridania with this caravan would be able to fend for their own. With or without me and let me before you totally spill all the water on yourself." he'd say as he steps along side her at a similar pace, his gaze resting on the hands holding on the pot. 

His right hand moving to rest just atop of her fingertips to take the pot over from her. Aware of the possible response, he tries to keep the touch as light as possible. A few drops of water dripping down from his still wet hair onto his wrist and eventually onto the sand.

Kieaira parted her lips to respond to Clavier, but her words were lost the moment his fingers grazed her own. She dropped the pot, the water washing over her shoes and the bottoms of her pants, melting into the sand. Kieaira's ears fell flat against her head, but she didn't blush ... no in fact she looked more sad than embarrassed.

"Please Clavier... I am not as helpless as I look. You've been wounded, you need to rest..." She reached down for the pot and dumped what water was left onto the ground. "Please." She insisted, as she headed back to the water source, even her tail was not swaying, just hung limply behind her in a sad sort of manner.

"Go help Tobias if you -must- do something." She shouted back over her shoulder. "He shouldn't be doing anything either ... but men are stubborn."

Lorielle had been digging through the crates for a while as the others went about their business.  The most she had found were several clay pots and what she thought was a glass vase.  They had nothing with which to eat from the...meager plate ware with.  Vegetable soup was not too difficult to drink, anyway.

She stacked the pots and vase in her hands, leaning them beneath her chin as she carefully brought them from the caravan to the campfire.  She set them on the ground, placing them side by side before sighing.  She sat back by the fire, uncertain as to what to do with herself now.  Then again, why did she constantly have to be involved with something?  Why couldn't she take advantage of the spare time and rest.  Gods know she needed it.

She reached behind her head, pulling the hair pin out again and letting her hair fall over her shoulder and into her lap.  She separated the hair into three parts, beginning the daunting task of braiding her mass amounts of dark brown hair.  She held the hair pin between her lips, her eyes glancing between her working hands and the dancing fire.

The hair pin was silver and thin, with a pendant on one end.  The pendant was shaped similarly to a leaf, and was embellished with emerald gems, smaller blue gems lining the sides.  It was the only extravagant thing she wore.  Her clothing was rather dull and modest in comparison.

As she continued taming her wild hair, she began glancing around their new camp.  She shook her head slightly, her lips pursed as they held the hair pin between them.  What was with the men around here being so stubborn?  Gods know that if she had been gouged by a big bird or poisoned by a giant frog, she would not be up and running around after everyone else.  

She herself looked exhausted, ready to pass out at any moment.  But her fire-lit turquoise eyes were peeled waiting for the chance to get up and lend a hand at something.

Tobias tucks a small crate under his left arm as he approaches the caravan. Just as he sets off towards the cart, he sees Kieaira walk over to where Clavier was. One person away from the cart at least. He was about halfway from the caravan, though the distance was fairly short in of itself when he notices the campfire was already kindled and burning. Draevyn must have started it before he got a chance to.

Then dilemma struck. The first sign of hunger pang appears with a small grumble of his stomach. He puts his right hand over his abdomen as if to sate the unsettled sound, though he knew it would steadily grow discontent at this point. He glances go from between the campfire, the caravan, and crate he tucks under him. Tobias stands in conflict as he makes another round of quick stares between the three objects. Then eyes widen in gleeful remembrance--the sandwich! 

Tobias takes off in a short dash towards the caravan, his mind was on repeat 'Sandwich, sandwich, sandwich, sandwich, sandwich, sandwich! SANDWICH!' It only took a quick sprint before he skids across the sands to stop at the back of the caravan.

Lorielle had also left to the campfire, so if anyone, X'ahce might have been startled by the sudden appearance of the hurried Hyur. Tobias would give a polite but quick, "Excuse me." to the Miqo'te if he seems alarmed at all but his eyes quickly fell into the back of the caravan. He was able to kill two birds with one stone at least; a glance was made to under where Kieaira had sat. A look of relief crosses his expression. Then he looks for his sandwich.

"Uuurrrraggh!" an exasperated groan can be heard from Tobias followed by a heavy, defeated sigh. The sandwich, his sandwich, a casualty in the battle that had ensued. Bits and pieces of it strewn about across the floor. What most likely would have been delicious, now but a dirt caked shell of it's former glory. With a thud, he places the small crate onto the back of the caravan. The crestfallen Midlander moves dejectedly to the campfire, now having to wait even longer for his meal. 

His spirits seem to rise a bit as he notices Lorielle there. He manages the soft touch of his voice to return as he nears the Elezen from the side. "Getting some well deserved rest, finally?"

As the pot hit the sand and it's water mixed with the sand almost immediately upon contact. His arm stretched out for it as she spoke, only able to utter a soft "I'm sorry.". the green irises scanning the sand while she moved back to the water source.

Eventually he turned around on his heels and walked back to the caravan, stepping past the people seated around the campfire that was illuminating the shadows stretching out from the rocks and what was left of trees as the night started to take over for the sun. The brand representing Garlemald, the country of the Garlean empire now fully visible as the light was cast on the midlander's back as he hauled himself onto the cart to take hold of a bag he had brought along. 

With a loud thud it landed in the sand followed by another thud as he hopped down from the cart only to open the bag halfway, but enough to reveal several pieces of a Garlean soldier's uniform within. Only the jacket being retrieved as his hempen shirt hung to dry on the side of the cart, the midlander within this caravan either had a dark past or a dark future that intertwined with the path of the Garlean Empire.

Kieaira once more filled the pot with water and waddled back towards the group, leaving a trail of droplets in the sand. "Can someone put this in the fire please?" She left the pot to the others and  retrieved the basket of veggies from the cart.

"I wish we had some meat or spices ... I don't suppose you know botany?" Her ice blue gaze landed on Lorielle, a hopeful smile on her face. "Else the soup is going to be really bland..."

She sat down on her knees near the fire and began breaking up the vegetables the best she could, snapping a few carrots and some celery in half and throwing them in the pot. "Even a fish would be nice..." She frowned, trying to hide any sort of sad feeling she may have had earlier.

Lorielle's pointed ears shift, adjusting to the sound of someone approaching.  They settle in the sand beside her, and while her fingers work methodically on her hair, a familiar voice reaches her.  She turns her head slightly, just enough to see past the braid that hung beside her face.  The hair clip still sat between her lips, so she took a moment to free one of her hands to remove it.

"Just until I am needed for something else," she says in a jovial, light-hearted tone.  Just then Kieaira approached, leaving a pot of water near them on the ground.  So she was needed for something else after all.  She quickly placed the hair pin back into the edge of her mouth, flicking her fingers through her hair to finish the braid more hurriedly.  Once it was finished, she twisted the braid, then raised her arms and wrapped the braid around her head.  She grabbed the pin, securing the braid in place, then tentatively moved her hands away.

When the braid stayed in its place, she went about grabbing the pot and placing it upon the fire.  At the mention of botany, she raised her head to meet Kieaira's eyes.

"I do, actually," she said, seemingly having forgotten.  "But I can't say there is much to harvest from this barren place."  She glanced around, seeing nothing but sand and the occasional patch of grass.  She supposed she could dig for roots near the water, but she was uncertain whether or not she trusted the water nearby.  She bit her lip, wondering if there was anything at all she could do.  She was not the culinary type, unfortunately.

As she held the pot on the flame, the flickering light danced upon her features.  Her red cheeks gave an unwordly glow, casting orange up into her contrasting eyes.  She gave a slight shiver, a breeze slithering up her mostly exposed back.  She was grateful for the cold, though.  She would have to retrieve her tunic from the caravan before they all slept.

Tobias was only able to give her a smile to her words, but before he could speak and settle down next to the Elezen, the Miqo'te woman approaches the two. Before the Hyur knew what was asked of Lorielle, she had already begun to pick up the pot and become busy with helping again.

"The Seven are you doing?" Tobias tone rises as he goes to take the pot from the short Elezen girl, "You have done quite enough already. Now. Rest." he says pointedly to Lorielle as illuminated eyes glance between the two women. He notices something off with Kieaira, but he does not press on the matter. The flames seem to dance in the reflection of his eyes as they stand there. His own complexion light against the fire, though hued with the faintest kiss of the sun.

"Oi, what needs ache ya?" Draevyn inquiries as he saunters up to the three

"The Miqo'te wants to find any herbs we can use for the stew." Tobias answers while still trying to gently wrestle the pot away from Lorielle if she had resisted his attempts to begin with. 

"Hah, best of luck wit'hat then!" the blue-eyed driver chortles.

"There should be at least something out there."

"Eh, possible. So then, your call, miss Miqo'te. What shall we do?" Draevyn turns to look at Kieaira. Tobias would also do the same if he was still not half-serious and half-playfully fighting with Lorielle over the pot.

Kieaira watched the interaction between Tobias and Lorielle with keen interest. Perhaps some good will come of this trip after all ... at least for someone. She smiled faintly as she finished placing the vegetables into the now boiling water.

"We'll just have to do without." She spoke softly, averting her gaze from Draevyn. "It won't take loooo-aaaawn-gg." Her words interrupted by a sudden yawn that brought the blush back to her cheeks. "Long day.... Heh..." She bit down on her lower lip once more. I wish the moon would come out ... but those clouds look rather dark ... it may even start to rain tonight...

By the time she looked back to the pot, the vegetables were soft, and some of the juices had leaked into the water giving it a bit of flavour, but it was still going to be rather bland.

"Dig in if you're hungry." She said to the others, stepping away from the fire off towards the Chocobos who were munching quietly upon some gyshal greens under the shade of a tree ... not that it was really required anymore. The sun was beginning to set, turning the sky different colours ... but still those heavy clouds rolled in. Rain ... yes ... definitely.

She sat down near the chocobos, her back against the tree and looked out at the ever-changing sky.