Need help with bard RP Idea

Mimiko

Hello

Im just gonna jump in and say whats going on without going into my characters backstory too much.

Mimiko had a hard life growing up, but now she is starting a new and exciting life in the world. She has gone from a shy person to quite the eccentric bard. She wanders the land singing and dancing and can be found in many taverns in the land. Ive played with having her do some shady things but it does not appeal to me and I feel its not her true desire. Ive been having a lot of fun as a traveling bard. So I figured I would focus on that more and would like her to become like a pop star singer/dancer/entertainer. I figure this would fit her flashy personality. So this is where I need help and ideas.

1. I need help finding some short songs to make into emotes. Sadly Im horrible at finding something that would fit the game. 

2. Would also need help with ideas for emotes. I would love to be able to do the little note symbol but sadly I play on a PS3 and that doesn't seem to work for me.

3. I think it would be neat to slowly build a fan base through role play. 

Or if any of you wonderful people have any suggestions I would love to hear them. You can leave a response or message me or find me in game, Im on Balmung server most nights. Cant wait to hear from you!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'finding some short songs to make into emotes.' Do you mean like choreographing lyrics to emotes? Not that I know enough emotes to really help with that (still learning everything, myself) but I figure if I'm confused others might be too. :P (not that it takes a whole lot to confuse me, some days)

I think this is an area I struggle with, in terms of emotes. Some folks seem to have excellent motions and emotes and I feel so basic with my "Rurutani smiles." :P 

As for a true bard rp, I think that's a cool idea that could be fleshed out, especially with so much tavern rp.

The best IC bards don't use emote/macros for their songs, in my opinion. To be honest, when I see that, I'm more likely to just ignore them as background noise. It's impossible to actually INTERACT with someone who is simply using a macro of a song to 'be a bard.' You should wander around the tavern, engage people, come up with things on the fly (or google them on the fly, whatever). Every performance should be different.

Some helpful hints:

If you use songs from OOC/IRL, please "Eorzea-fy" them. Don't sing about other game universes using names/places that don't exist. Don't sing about IRL things/places. Modify it to suit the environment you're in. It's not that hard. :)

Use /wait commands between lines so you don't spam everyone out if you insist on using macros for your song emotes.