LTB a new headset. What do you use?

Title pretty much hits the nail on the head. I was using an Orion Gaming Headset, but the sound just cut out in the left side today. So, being that I'll be returning it, I was wondering what everyone here uses. If you have any suggestions on a headset, please say so!

And as a side note, I did take very good care of my headset and I've only had it for a couple of months. It is sitting on my desk right now, hanging from a plastic banana holder.

I've used the Razor Kraken in the past and that was very nice. It hurt my ears a little bit but it was just something that took time for the ear pieces to adjust. Right now I'm using a Sennheiser - which was a gift and fairly expensive from what I understand, so it's not on the top of my recommended list. But I've honestly never had better.

Tritton Kunai. Works wonders.

That said, I'm super rough on all my hardware, and that headset is not meant to be lugged to work and back. I, uh, cracked the headband in two. Luckily the wires are intact and I can perch it on my head over both ears until I can work up the courage to superglue the thing back together.

For anything audio related, I always recommend Audio-Technica. Their products are just fabulous. Someone else mentioned Sennheiser, and they are also very reputable and high quality.

I personally use Technica's ATH-A900x headphones and have a standalone mic that I bring out when I need to actually talk to others in a game. Since I tend to avoid voice chat when possible, I preferred having pure headphones for music most of the time. They do however have a full line of gaming headsets if you are the kind of person that is on TeamSpeak every day.

If you would like a place to read some reviews as well as decent forums to ask questions from audiophiles, Head-Fi is a decent community.

I use a Siberia v2 Frost Blue. It sits comfortably and really does negate any background noise you could want (as in you only hear your game and in amazing quality). If you find it necessary to hear people outside your headset even sitting three feet from you, good luck.

The mic worked well for me until my cat decided the cord was a chew toy and it stopped working (headphones still do though and I use a Blue Snoball mic now). My husband's (who uses the same headset) tends to pick up 'wind noise' from fans in the room, I didn't have that problem with mine.

Guest Hiroshu

I've got a Turtle Beach PX51 which was insanely expensive but also sounds amazing. I like that it uses an optical input and RF transmitter so I can pipe in Bluetooth simultaneously, ie. game audio + music/phone, with separate volume adjustment. Full surround sound, good noise reduction, comfortable padding, wireless with a good battery. That said, if better/as good exists for less money, someone please tell me. xD

I use turtle beach x12 which is super comfy (I have small ish ears so they bend with heavier headsets) has good sound and a very good mic. It's also got a good durability for the price, which is affordable if you're willing to give a good amount. 

I find that you very much get what you pay for with headsets.

I've used the Razor Kraken in the past and that was very nice. It hurt my ears a little bit but it was just something that took time for the ear pieces to adjust. Right now I'm using a Sennheiser - which was a gift and fairly expensive from what I understand, so it's not on the top of my recommended list. But I've honestly never had better.

Ya know, it's funny that you bring that headset up. At the time when I bought my Orion, I was going back and forth between it and the Kraken.

As for the Sennheiser -- I don't have that much cash to blow. Still, they look beautiful.

Tritton Kunai. Works wonders.

That said, I'm super rough on all my hardware, and that headset is not meant to be lugged to work and back. I, uh, cracked the headband in two. Luckily the wires are intact and I can perch it on my head over both ears until I can work up the courage to superglue the thing back together.

I'm surprised that the wires haven't split or torn in any way. o_o How strong are they? The wires, that is.

For anything audio related, I always recommend Audio-Technica. Their products are just fabulous. Someone else mentioned Sennheiser, and they are also very reputable and high quality.

I personally use Technica's ATH-A900x headphones and have a standalone mic that I bring out when I need to actually talk to others in a game. Since I tend to avoid voice chat when possible, I preferred having pure headphones for music most of the time. They do however have a full line of gaming headsets if you are the kind of person that is on TeamSpeak every day.

If you would like a place to read some reviews as well as decent forums to ask questions from audiophiles, Head-Fi is a decent community.

Just as it was for Sennheiser, not in the budget range. I can't reason with myself that I can drop $300 on a new headset without taking care of something else first. Like student loans. *Groan.*

Still. I'll keep them in mind so that if I ever have extra cash, and need a new headset, I can try 'em out. Thanks for the suggestions. c:

I use a Siberia v2 Frost Blue. It sits comfortably and really does negate any background noise you could want (as in you only hear your game and in amazing quality). If you find it necessary to hear people outside your headset even sitting three feet from you, good luck.

The mic worked well for me until my cat decided the cord was a chew toy and it stopped working (headphones still do though and I use a Blue Snoball mic now). My husband's (who uses the same headset) tends to pick up 'wind noise' from fans in the room, I didn't have that problem with mine.

You know, I've heard a lot of good things about the Steel Series. You're probably the fifth person who has mentioned them now. How long have you had your headset for?

I've got a Turtle Beach PX51 which was insanely expensive but also sounds amazing. I like that it uses an optical input and RF transmitter so I can pipe in Bluetooth simultaneously, ie. game audio + music/phone, with separate volume adjustment. Full surround sound, good noise reduction, comfortable padding, wireless with a good battery. That said, if better/as good exists for less money, someone please tell me. xD

Lost me at $200. x.x

Nah. I know Turtle Beach makes phenomenal headsets. Unfortunately, my wallet and their price range can't seem to work out their relationship problems.

I use turtle beach x12 which is super comfy (I have small ish ears so they bend with heavier headsets) has good sound and a very good mic. It's also got a good durability for the price, which is affordable if you're willing to give a good amount. 

I find that you very much get what you pay for with headsets.

I was caught off guard at the price. How long have you had your headset for? Have you had any problems with it, no matter how small they may be?

I personally use the Steelseries Siberia v2. They are really nice with a bunch of colors and the retractable mic is pretty awesome. That and the earphones are huge and are so comfortable and noise cancelling.

Steelseries

Number six! Man. I didn't know the Steel series was so freaking popular. Though it goes to show how reliable their product is.

How long have you had your pair? Are you overall happy with it? Have you had any problems with it at all?

You know, I've heard a lot of good things about the Steel Series. You're probably the fifth person who has mentioned them now. How long have you had your headset for?

We've had ours going on two years now. No issues aside from the slight wind issue my husband has at times with his mic.

We were very happy with our purchase and thought the price was reasonable. (Firm believer in you get what you pay for.)

The only the I don't like is the glow, and that's just aesthetic. I just find it annoying, mostly because I'm lazy and mine are plugged in at all times. Used to scare the bejesus out of me when I'd wake up at night to find my computer had turned on to update and the hallway was illuminated by a bright blue pulsating glow like something out of poltergeist. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I use Corsair Vengeance 1400's . They're the most comfortable headset I've worn to date, very nice sounding 50mm drivers, a good microphone, and an excellent price point.

I use analogs because I have an excellent sound card. If you don't/want virtual surround go with the 1500s, as they're USB. 2100s are wireless and obviously more expensive.