I'm the Frost Maiden!

Cecilia

I actually introduced myself on another character months ago, but I only played for a week before some stuff came up! I did not RP a single time in game! I'm hoping to have more time to stay long term now, and I made a fresh new character I wanted to play for the Balmung server! <3

--MMORPG background

I played FF11, WoW, and SWTOR! And now I'm here!

--RP experience

I've RPed for nearly ten years now. Forums, MMORPGs, chatrooms. It's fun! I'm not the best writer, but I'd be a lot worse if it wasn't for my love for RP!

--Character ideas/info

I love the Sea Wolf look, I love the Sea Wolf vibe what with the whole sea thing going on. But I hate their names! So I decided that although my character has a Sea Wolf name that won't be displayed, she will be known as the Frost Maiden.

Frosty is competitive and outgoing! She likes to fish, cook, and fight! Only one of which she does well! She can be very scornful toward those that insult her, but she is genuinely a good person that will lend a hand to those in need. Even if it does she just does it for the attention, while she brags and boasts of her deeds! Frosty was nick named the Frost Maiden in her early days as a sailor because she got frozen in ice, and had to be thawed out! She kinda likes the cold anyways, and it beat a nickname like "arsehole" so she went with it!

I'm definitely going to need to RP her some and get more of a feel of how serious I want her to be before I can make this anymore detailed~

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Googled "FF14 RP" a few months ago!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium probably! I mean... I want to level and play the game, and I might goof around when I'm in party chat and stuff! But I still plan to buckle down and RP, enjoying a nice story and having a good time when I'm able! Plus, I have this bad habit of running in circles in town when I'm bored and don't know what to do, and I don't think that would translate very well with always being in character!

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I am a mathematics major as well as a math tutor at my college. I intend to graduate this spring, and I am looking to be a high school math teacher while also moving on to graduate school. I enjoy video games, MMORPGS, and RP! I also really like math!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction aside, I'm really excited to meet everyone! I haven't started leveling my character just yet, I played some others to see what classes I may like, and finally decided this was the one! I'd love to meet new people and stuff! Thank you for reading and hopefully you found me interesting! <3

Nice to have you aboard! Frost Maiden seems like an interesting character. When I was deciding on a main, before I ended up with Yvelont, I very nearly made a Sea Wolf. They're just an awesome race, both in aesthetics and lore. Ultimately I decided on a "knightly" type, but I may one day make one as an alt. Anyway, hope to see you around!

Aww yiss lady Roegadyns in the house! Don't worry over the name, there's always something that can he handwaved. My gal's mum was a Sea Wolf, but she had a friendly on again off again thing with a bardly Hellsguard man, and let him have naming rights once she could track him down again to shake him down for child support tell him the good news. ...that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

Welcome back!

Yay for more Roes! (I don't play one but I love them, haha.)

If you ever wanna RP, just poke me if you ever see me in game, I'll likely be available. Kind of topped out on everything but animus and raiding now, so I have a lot of free time, haha.

Welcome to the RPC and to Balmung!

Always good to see more roegadyns. I can understand your sentiment in regards to Sea Wolf-style names as at first I wasn't too keen on them at first either. I ironically wound up changing my mind after rolling my Hellsguard roe and learning that his roegadyn name actually looks really cool. (Derp)

Hopefully I'll see you around while running about. Don't forget to make a wiki profile. o/

Thank you for the welcome everyone! I heard that Roegadyn aren't very common from a friend of mine that is helping me learn the ropes! It's a little sad because they're so awesome! It was a toss up between Duskwight Elezen and Sea Wolf Roegadyn for me, but I decided that Roegadyn was the way to go! I preferred their hair styles a little more~ *Shallow* Plus, being so large is awesome!

I looked up the wiki page as suggested, and I want to create a page but it seems so intimidating! I looked at all these other examples, and they seemed so well thought out! I don't think I know enough about the game lore yet to make anything substansial!

I'd definitely love to RP with all of you! I usually play in the afternoons and on the weekends!

Oh, I think found the templated you were talking about, Warren. Thank you! Am I able to save my work, and then come back to it later? I read somewhere about "no empty profiles", and I'm concenred I might need to do it all at once! I've never posted a wiki thing before!

And a Roegadyn channel!? Neat, I did not know this! This is probably a really dumb question, but how do I join a LS? I'm really interested in joining!

The Roegadyn LS is Broken Chairs. You can hunt down one of the folks listed that have invite privileges and poke them for an invitation.

As for the profile - I second what Warren said. Don't worry about filling it out all at once. Tackle whatever you're interested in most at the time and just leave a bit "THIS IS A WIP." at the top so people know you're not quite finished with it yet. You can also remove entire portions you don't really feel the need to input.

You can definitely save as you work - that's how I managed to fill out my wikis.

I, at least, don't go blowing away empty profiles on the wiki. :) It's entirely acceptable to copy a template and just fill out a couple of things at first; the infobox is usually a good place to start. When I create wiki pages for friends based on my template (User:FreelanceWizard/WikiTemplate), I usually only fill out a little bit and stick a PC rumour on. :)

You can also put the following text at the top of the page to mark it as a work in progress:

{{Character-stub}}

That will dispel any question as to whether you're still working on it.

Hey there! Welcome to the community! Yeah Roes seem to be in short supply ((I know I don't help being among the many Miqo'te... but I can't help it the floofy tail won me over!)) and glad to have another about! 

Frost seems like a fun character interact with, hope Roh will get the chance someday!

Hope you settle in and find some awesome RP!

She is pretty interesting, and I'll definitely keep an eye out for you, Faye! I'm still trying to figure out quirks and stuff to her, but she is shaping up to be quite the personality! Coincidentally, you were the first character profile I actually looked at on the wiki (I immediately went to the F section), and I thought your character was really neat!

I've actually been finding a lot of Roegadyn now that I am one, which is super crazy! I also have a Duskwight Elezen I'll probably play from time to time named Giselle Poisson, but I cannot figure out what in the world I want her to be like.

And don't worry, U'roh, I love Miqo'te! I like all the races, I wish I had the time to play all five!