Non-Player Character «NPCs»

Fulcrum

[align=center]"Every story needs antagonists and good supporting characters...but which is which?"[/align]

[align=left]Non-Player Character is not your typical free company. It is designed for the storytellers of other free companies to hide their various NPC characters from their members, rather than having them in their actual free company, while giving them a distinct tag that clearly shows they are not just another player, that there is plot or some sort of quest associated with the character. It will also give storytellers a chance to network with other storytellers, share NPCs, and give storytellers a go to free company to ask for NPCs rather than having to create them for temporary NPC work.

[/align]

[align=left]While the company itself will likely rank up slowly, it will provide some benefits to its members over time, beyond the custom tag and place to hide the characters.

[/align]

[align=left]Members are free to come and go as necessary, though long-term NPCs are more than welcome to stay for extended periods of time. As mentioned, even temporary NPCs who need the tag for a couple of hours can join.

[/align]

To join, please send a private message here to Darkfae and Hyrist (please have both in the To listing, it makes things easier for both of us to receive all PMs), or send an in game message to Claire Brea or Lin Celistine - the guild is managed by our NPCs. :tonberry:

A very interesting concept, I like it! :D Good luck! I may have to sneak some of my "NPC's" in here after they've outlived their time in other free companies.

Um...

I think this is a second Non-Player Character FC.

The one with Stank Balls is "NPC" tag and the FC name is Non Player Character.

I don't think I have played with anyone from this particular FC yet.

But I still support it! I support NPCs!

Yes, this is a different one, though I thought there might have been one before I made this one. There's been one NPC that became a PC, and a persistent NPC I have currently in it, and one other that was just fodder and got deleted so far. A couple of others I know are trying to decide if their alts are PCs or NPCs, but it's still relatively new despite the creation date - I basically created it on a character I knew was going to be an NPC to get the name and tag as soon as I got to that part of the quests, even though a few things kept me from offering it up to others immediately.

• 2 months later...

This FC is still available for anyone wanting to have an NPC tag next to a characters name for plot purposes. There's no requirements for joining, no length of time required to stay, etc. Both myself and Lin Celistine can get characters tagged for this now.

Ran into some kind of RP scene with you guys as Brass Blades and IT WAS SO COOL. /nerdgasm.

I may drop some NPCs in here too if I don't just make more alts. (ohgodIhaveaproblem)

Heh...

IF you are talking about the scene with Verad and the Brass Blade/Captain last night... wrong FC!

There are two NPC FCs (YAY for both! I support players supporting scenes with NPCs)... The one you ran into last night is not this one though. They have not posted on the RPC forums. >_>

I can let them know though...

If it was another scene, then ignore my post! You are in the right place Tiergan! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This FC is still open to people. We're working on getting a house for it, though it likely won't be an FC house, since it takes a while for a FC to get to rank 8, and they're all alternate characters used just for plots. If we do get one, the house can be remodeled by request for RP scenes, as needed; it may or may not work out for this idea, but we'd like to try it.

• 2 months later...

Are you guys still active? I'm working on a storyline that could make use of your FC.

Aside from a few key things that need to be revealed and/or done, I have no problem leaving the bulk of the RP up to the people participating.

Shoot me a PM and I will get you the details of what's going on.

Thanks!

I'll be sending a PM for the more detailed stuff, but also replying here.

We still have a few people using the NPC FC, and can shuffle people around to use it if more NPCs are needed, and still can invite anyone who wants to use the tag to the FC. I completely spaced making a post in December, and personally have spent the first half of January with medical bullshit, so the post was going to be late.

People can send tells to anyone they see with the tag, or to Claire Brea, Kym'a Thavma, or Lin Celistine and we can get you set up.

• 1 month later...

Updated to fix formatting, and added Lin Celistine/Hyrist as a point of contact. Please be sure to have both Darkfae and Hyrist in your PMs here - it just makes things much easier for us!

• 1 month later...

While this FC is still open to anyone who would like to use the tag for their NPCs (just send a tell or a PM to get invited), the core group from Dark Embers who were able to act as NPCs for other people's plots are currently unavailable as we restructure how we're doing the whole NPCs for plot thing. Stay tuned for an update about that.