Old to Rp, New to this Forum. Salutations!

Welcome!   :D   As long as you know the RP etiquette for FFXIV then you will do just fine.   ;D

Does FFXIV have different rules? O.o I would assume the etiquette is the same for any roleplay, be it Tabletop, Play by Post, Chatroom or on an MMO. Don't be a Godmodder, don't Meta game, don't insert yourself into another character's history without permission, be respectful of other people, don't confuse OOC and IC see. Stuff like that :3

Hello! This is where I plug the very-cool and very-useful character wiki that makes for a fun resource to get to "know" people and find like-minded characters to meet up with, or just glean some info about the people inhabiting the world!

You should make a wiki page.

...c'mon. You wanna be cool don't you?

Oh yes! I love being cool! I think I'll definately have to make a wiki page :D

Welcome!   :D   As long as you know the RP etiquette for FFXIV then you will do just fine.   ;D

Does FFXIV have different rules? O.o I would assume the etiquette is the same for any roleplay, be it Tabletop, Play by Post, Chatroom or on an MMO. Don't be a Godmodder, don't Meta game, don't insert yourself into another character's history without permission, be respectful of other people, don't confuse OOC and IC see. Stuff like that :3

Yup, same as any rp group I've ever played with.

Welcome, welcome! There is indeed a lot of good stuff to find in these forums, so gg to Meta Xi for pointing you along! Hope you're able to find lots more great rp (be it events or not), and I hope you enjoy the community here. :)

You're already well-versed in the rules.  :)  Don't worry about it.  :D

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! It's good to have you here! :D I'm always glad to role-play, so feel free to approach or send a /tell if you see me around in-game!

Yup, same as any rp group I've ever played with.

Welcome, welcome!  There is indeed a lot of good stuff to find in these forums, so gg to Meta Xi for pointing you along!  Hope you're able to find lots more great rp (be it events or not), and I hope you enjoy the community here.  :)

Thank you! I am really looking forward to getting involved with more events ^_^

You're already well-versed in the rules.  :)  Don't worry about it.  :D

Huzzah, glad to hear it. ^_^

@lillith

Its a little different. Aside from a few extra rules and need to know things, its generally the same as a forum RP.

Ahh, I see. I take it can pick those up from the stickies?

I have yet to run into any extra rules that differed one iota from the rules I played with on FRC or CD in NWN.  So I think you probably already know them.

But I'm kinda curious about these extra rules myself.  Maybe I've been violating them all this time?  :surprise:

Welcome!

Rules are pretty much the same as always; ya can check stickies, but sounds like you're already familiar. And if you're not sure how it's supposed to turn out (combat rp comes to mind, since people have different views), just shoot the person a tell & work it out together.

On that note, feel free to shoot me a /tell or approach in game!

There not really so much as actual rules but more of lore and story friendly stuff that I had explained to me a while back when I was setting up my character wiki. Generally, there are certain roles that cant be filled in by the writers, such as being one of the warriors of light from 1.0 that participated in the battle of Carteneau, or being a Crystal Bearer who led the charge into the Pretorium in 2.0 and slew Giaus and the Ultima weapon. general story specific things that people tend to avoid or outright consider not to play the role as all together. I specifically dont know the reason why though but ive pretty much played and built my RP character around this knowledge, and then again, these are just a few of the side rules that arent considered rules but sub rules that people frown upon if violated. not that I expect them or anyone to enforce them but the rules I mention are just general character rules lore wise as well as story initiative wise and whatnot. Players have to be careful as to how they tread, since a lack of lore for this game leaves alot of stuff up in the air and when developers come out with new lore and content, this content may conflict with player lore and the entire RP just kinda falls apart when their cannon is broken, unless the RP is centered around broken cannon, then nothing is broken I guess.

Sorry that the post is in a clump.    ._.

There not really so much as actual rules but more of lore and story friendly stuff that I had explained to me a while back when I was setting up my character wiki. Generally, there are certain roles that cant be filled in by the writers, such as being one of the warriors of light from 1.0 that participated in the battle of Carteneau, or being a Crystal Bearer who led the charge into the Pretorium in 2.0 and slew Giaus and the Ultima weapon. general story specific things that people tend to avoid or outright consider not to play the role as all together. I specifically dont know the reason why though but ive pretty much played and built my RP character around this knowledge, and then again, these are just a few of the side rules that arent considered rules but sub rules that people frown upon if violated. not that I expect them or anyone to enforce them but the rules I mention are just general character rules lore wise as well as story initiative wise and whatnot. Players have to be careful as to how they tread, since a lack of lore for this game leaves alot of stuff up in the air and when developers come out with new lore and content, this content may conflict with player lore and the entire RP just kinda falls apart when their cannon is broken, unless the RP is centered around broken cannon, then nothing is broken I guess.

Sorry that the post is in a clump.    ._.

None of this really differs from NWN, unless you were playing on a server with extremely lax rules. :-P