Your character in D&D Stats?

god stop making so many annoying threads I have to read Oscare

AHEM.

So this was another cool idea I stumbled upon when I was reading an old guild forum.

Imagine your character with DUNGEON AND DURRGONS STATS. For those of you who never played Dungeons and Dragons, it's a tabletop roleplaying board game where you make a character and you go and very... something too magical campaigns. But I won't explain all of D&D because either you have already played it or don't care. Also, if I did explain it all, we'd be here for hours.

REGARDLESS. D&D has six core stats.

Strength(STR): How strong is your character physically? How well do they use close-range weapon (fists, lances, axes, maces, etc)? Are they so stronk they can movez mountainz? Or is they super feeble-senpai-domo?

Fortitude(FORT): How resilient is your character? Do they have a lot of endurance? Can they run for a prolonged time; or hold their breath in water for an impressive amount of time? Do they go down easily? Can they resist sicknesses easily?

Dexterity(DEX): How agile is your character? Are they very fast and flexible? Do they have excellent reflexes? Can they use ranged-weapons (bows, guns, crossbows, etc) very well? 

Intelligence(INT): How smart is your character? Are they proficient magic users? Are they crafty and clever? Sly? Know how to use a lot of objects? Know how to make a lot of things? Know how to fix a lot of things?

Wisdom(WIS): Is your character dense? Do they have a strong common sense? Do they have trained, heightened senses? Can they figure out situations in a whim?

Charisma(CHA): Is your character charismatic? Are they sociable? Are they very representative? Diplomatic? Good liar? Sweet talker? Do they often get their way by their words or looks? Are they the center of attention in social situation? 

We're going to be using an unusual scale of 1-to-20. 1 meaning they fail at life in that stat and 20 being so godly that their unmatched, and 10 being mediocre. I know a lot of veteran D&D players might disapprove of this scale (and this whole thing in general, probably), but I had to SUPER DUPER CONDENSE everything to make it easily understandable.

My goal with this is to see where your character stands in each stat. It's a fun little thing -- just attach a number to each of the stats on your chosen character and give a small, little, brief explanation of why it's that number.

EXAMPLE:

Oscare Iono

Strength: 10 -- Oscare doesn't really focus to highly on pure muscle strength. Sure, he has the muscle power, but doesn't use it too much in practice. Using physical weapons, he prefers to make very quick, decisive attacks and dodging instead of raw power.

Fortitude: 14 -- Oscare is tenacious and somewhat resilient. He won't give up on a prey until either one of them gives up -- and it's usually the prey that gives up. 90% of the time.

Dexterity: 18 -- Probably the most important one to Oscare, since he mainly uses bows and guns. He's insanely quick on his feet, and even quicker to react. 

Intelligence: Around 11 -- Oscare is an engineer... and that's pretty much it. He's not very knowledgeable outside of anything that isn't a machine.

Wisdom: 18 -- Oscare does train his sense as well as his speed, however. His eyesight is nearly unmatched, and he's very quick to get to conclusions. He knows his way around behaviors, and how to offset them.

Charisma: 9 -- Anyone who knows Oscare enough would know why this number is so low.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did CON get changed to FORT in D&D Next?

Dogberry

STR - 18 (Strong as a muh-fuh)

DEX - 13 (An OK mover for a big guy, but nothing to brag about.)

CON - 10 (He has a bit of a glass jaw.)

INT - 14 (Much higher than people expect.)

WIS - 9 (He makes poor life choices.)

CHA - 16 (A likable guy and a decent leader.)

Natalie Mcbeef.

Str: Nat is strong as bear, 27.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Brown_Bear

Con: She tough as Boar, 17

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Boar

Dex: Fast as snake, 17

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Small_Viper

Charisma: Friendly as dog, 6

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Dog

Int: Smart as bat swarm, 2

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Bat_Swarm

Wis: Wise as owl, 14.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Owl

Guest Ragnar

Sounds fun, I'll throw my hat in.

Alexei Volkov

Strength 10: He's not notably strong or weak. Brute force is something he avoids, so strength isn't too important to him.

Constitution 15: Alexei exercises daily and keeps himself all around healthy. He can run a fair distance and resists disease well enough, but he's as susceptible to injury as most.

Dexterity 13(18): (13) When he worked as an assassin, he favored speed and finesse and was very agile and quick. His agility is not as good as it once was because his left leg doesn't work as well anymore. (18) Specifically his hands. He is a phenomenal surgeon. His hands are quick and precise.

Intelligence 18: The most important one to Alexei. His knowledge is vast in many areas, and is a quick learner. Medicine, anatomy, and poisons are where he is most knowledgeable.

Wisdom 17: Years working as an assassin has made him very observant and he can evaluate situations quickly and determine the correct course of action.

Charisma 7: Not only does he not speak the language of Eorzea fluently, but he is always blunt and speaks in short sentences. He will not lie, even if lying would make someone feel better, and does not consider the feelings of others when he speaks. He would make a terrible motivational speaker. For some reason some people find all this endearing.

Edit* Not sure it has anything to do with constitution in a significant enough way to change the score, but Alexei is pretty much immune to discomfort and isn't bothered much by pain.

I swear, I really did roll 18s in every stat, it's a weird coincidence!

This is a fun idea, I'll take a crack at it. I'm assuming there are no maximum point limits, yeah?

Strength: 13 --  Nero's not physically weak; he can throw solid punches and wield a heavy axe with a reasonable amount of skill. He's quite proficient in a fight, but he lacks the physical conditioning that a soldier might have; for him, fights are generally nasty and are over in a few minutes.

Constitution: 10 -- While capable of taking a hit, if the situation has deteriorated to where Nero is taking multiple wounds, he is more likely to run away than to prolong a losing fight. Experience has granted him the ability to run hard and fast, a useful skill for escaping and losing a pursuer in convoluted city streets, but not as good for running cross country.

Dexterity: 3 -- He can't use a bow. He just can't. The weapon completely defies him. And while he is good at navigating and running through city streets, and will use less conventional exits like windows or rooftops, watching Nero do parkour is like watching a drunk cat trying to navigate an obstacle course.

Intelligence: 16 -- "Shrewd" would be the appropriate word. Nero is also skilled in thaumaturgy and has good business sense, while also being able to quickly and critically analyze situations in a pinch.

Wisdom: 13 -- While his actual perceptive senses are not much sharper than an average Hyur, Nero's intuition--his "gut feeling"--is generally quite accurate, and he will adhere to said gut feeling fairly reflexively. He is also fairly perceptive at reading people.

Charisma: 17 -- With a flashy appearance that screams "pay attention to me" and a tongue that is as silver as it is sharp, Nero is very good at adapting his personality to whoever he happens to be dealing with. A natural people person who loves having the spotlight, he prefers to charm or lie his way through situations through physical confrontation. And there are few things he appreciates more than grandiloquent loquaciousness.

Inessa Hara

Strength: 18 (Year's of fighting against odd's that are against her as well as surviving in the wildlife have left her very strong physically. Tends to move around in armor as if she wasn't wearing any and move's even faster without it.)

Con: 18 (Inessa wears alot of armor and is know for not being downed after receiving severe wounds.)

Dex: 20 (Inessa knows how to use Dragoon jump techniques, so that technically would need alot of dexterity in order for her to not snap her spine on a bad landing.)

Int: 4 (Inessa isn't exactly too bright...   >_>')

Wis: 8 (This is subjectable but her natural smarts are more survival, tactical and battle oriented. She is dense otherwise.)

Cha: 1 (She is very non-inspiring, or sociable, but she can be known as terrifying so there is that.)

Funtiiimes.

Strength: 9. She has the musculature to climb and run, but her strength is not in any way honed. She's light and easily outmuscled.

Fortitude: 10. Her biggest detractor from having high fortitude is her bad habits and the lack of nutrition in her diet.

Dexterity: 14. Hugely important to her job as a runner. However, the nutrition thing can and has slowed her down (as well as when she drinks and smokes certain substances on a regular basis *coughcough*).

Intelligence: 8. She is not book smart in the least. But she is pretty good at coming up with tools to circumvent locks. ;)

Wisdom: 15. Street smarts, instincts, and intuition are her thing. While she can do some really stupid stuff, this is what has kept her alive for so long.

Charisma: 10. It really varies. Some people will turn their noses up at the sight of her, while others will seek her out and listen to her. This would, I suppose, be the average.

Rakka'li Kuhn

STR - 12  (Not terribly strong, but walking everywhere and making a living off of your labor as he did for so long is going to build some muscle.)

DEX - 15  (This is mostly due to his heritage and youth spent exploring the Blackshroud - and his stint as a street rat in Ul'dah)

FORT - 8 (Due to old injuries he just cannot take a punch any more, and he tires easily, especially during the day)

INT - 16 (Terribly lacking in education - though he's quick to follow a situation, parse out the information he needs to know, and follow up with reasonable solutions. In another life he would've been a scholar)

WIS - 8 (Partly due to youth, he is always making poor choices - Though his hearing and sense of smell are greater than a Hyur's)

CHA -10 (Sometimes affable, sometimes downright unlikable)

I should add this: Be very careful when picking your Wisdom vs Intelligence scores. Many people get the two confused.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is understanding you shouldn't put it in a fruit salad.

{edit} Also, in D&D terms, an average score is 10. A commoner NPC would have a 10 in all stats

Anything 3 or below is animal intelligence.

If any score drops to 0, you die.

Coatleque's Stats:

Strength: 16 - Highlander Racial, female

Dexterity: 14 - Highlander Racial

Constitution: 10 - Normal

Intelligence: 14 - She's smart, but as the Red Wings can attest to, very oblivious

Wisdom: 17 - I know a few people who can attest to her wisdom by now.

Charisma: 19 - No explanation needed here.

Coatleque's Stats:

Constitution: 16 - Highlander Racial, female

Intelligence: 14 - She's smart, but as the Red Wings can attest to, very oblivious

pfffffffft AD&D Paladin here!

I should add this: Be very careful when picking your Wisdom vs Intelligence scores. Many people get the two confused.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is understanding you shouldn't put it in a fruit salad.

{edit} Also, in D&D terms, an average score is 10.  A commoner NPC would have a 10 in all stats

Anything 3 or below is animal intelligence.

If any score drops to 0, you die.

Coatleque's Stats:

Constitution: 16 - Highlander Racial, female

Yeah, these stat number are a little broken.   ._.

I would dare to say a mary sue is present BUUUUUUT... I'm not that much of a jerk and don't very much care either way.

Not that I think people who pull mary sue cards for little reason are jerks but if you're character is nearly perfect in all stat values then thats typically a sign of a mary sue. I may be wrong thugh as I have never RPed with Coat ICly.

I wish I had some sort of familiarity with DnD.

Anyone want to roll Kage's stats who've Rp'd with him quite a bit? >.>

Yeah, these stat number are a little broken. ._.

I would dare to say a mary sue is present BUUUUUUT... I'm not that much of a jerk and don't very much care either way.

You... just did though?

I wish I had some sort of familiarity with DnD.

Anyone want to roll Kage's stats who've Rp'd with him quite a bit? >.>

Yeah, these stat number are a little broken.   ._.

You... just did though?

Think of it like this: Where does Kage stand on a scale of one to twenty in strength (STR), endurance (END), mobility (Dex), how smart he is (Int), how street smart he is (Wis) and can he rally others to fight to the death if need be. (Cha)

Also, I did but I digressed because I didn't want to start a flame war or anything. With that, lets bury the notion of my perception of her character and move on. :P

I think maybe if anyone wants to discuss Mary Sues and stuff it should be done in a separate thread and not in one designed to be fun and silly. :)

In the meantime, more stats! These are very fun to read.

To be fair, paladin requirements ARE high if we're talking D&D. We're not, but...

That's the problem with using d20 to cover a character's stats. I like White Wolf's d10 system much better; Your core stats grow with experience and the skill system allows you to be a 1 strength character with 5 in athletics and a specialty in climbing, to signify, well, specialization.

A D&D character's stats change what, 4 points in 20 levels?

Warren would be stacked heavily everywhere except Int, which would still be above average. He's a highlander, his history is almost entirely physical-oriented, and he seems to be popular enough to have made people like him. To give them numbers would be playing with loaded dice.

Throw me an Exalted character sheet, though...

Osric's Stats:

Strength: 12 - Somewhat stronger than average since unlocking his first Chakra.

Dexterity: 16 - He had to be, growing up in Limsa, giving Yellowjackets and rival gang members / thieves / assassins the slip. 

Constitution: 10 - No more or less robust than your average commoner.

Intelligence: 12 - Tutored for the first decade of his life. He'll jump at the chance to learn anything he can, so long as it isn't for the mechanically-inclined.

Wisdom: 18 - He's only ever truly been bested in wits once (helloooooo, Jin'li). Okay, maybe twice (damn you, Zhi).

Charisma: 8 - Pisses people off... but somehow he ends up ridiculously well-connected anyway.

I think maybe if anyone wants to discuss Mary Sues and stuff it should be done in a separate thread and not in one designed to be fun and silly. :)

Yes, this please.

She is a Highlander, Paladin/Sultansworn with martial training. I believe the numbers represent her well within the confines of the D&D system, as a player character.

I'm not too familiar with 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons at all. I assigned stats to Rakka'li based on my familiarity with 3rd edition. 

The scale is like this: Numbers on the left, following by the bonus, or penalty, to your roll when using that ability score, and on the right are examples what this means for both strength and dexterity.

1:  -5 (as bad as you can be, almost unable to move if referring to strength, or unable to speak if referring to intelligence)

2-3: -4 (wasted away or born with some congenital defect, barely able to speak, cannot learn to read)

4-5: -3 (very bad physical ability, a person with severe learning disabilities might have this score)

6-7: -2 (bad, a very sedentary person, a very old person with dementia or very young person might have this intelligence score)

8-9: -1 (below average)

10-11: 0 (average)

12-13: +1 (above average)

14-15: +2 (very good, Someone who does light resistance training with regularity, or a college professor might have this score)

16-17: +3 (someone who does intermediate to heavy weight training might scale here, the top professors in the region might have this score for intelligence)

18-19: +4 (people with very, very good genetics or people who do weight training as a career would have this score for strength, genius level intelligence - very, very few people would have this score in the intelligence slot)

20-21: +5 (pinnacle of human ability, the strongest of the strong, the smartest of the smart)

...and so on forever. Every two points gives another +1 bonus. Going in to the 20s is considered superhuman (being able to lift a bus by yourself, or calculate advanced linear equations in your head - without using paper)[/b]

ooh had to think on these. Here goes:

Strength:  12 This used to be higher but since he lost his left arm he isn't able to utilize his new, mechanical limb as well and reduces his ability to extert full lifting power.

Dexterity: 9 This also used to be much higher but with the new, heavy metal arm and the munitions it, plus the fact he can't control the appendage very well or feel anything with it reduced this stat a good amount.

Fortitude:  19 Askier's prime attribute. Askier's body is a tapestry of scars, wounds, and broken bones. He has been tortured, shot, stabbed, emaciated, and broken on numerous occasions and still clings to life like a mad man. Sure he spends a bunch of time in medical wings but he's still a tough cookie.

Intelligence 18 Askier is rather knowledgeable about some things, especially explosives and magitek, but ignorant in others. But he is a fast learner no matter the topic being learned.

Wisdom 8 Ahhh common sense. Askier's little failing. He is well known to take action before thinking and often makes choices many would find dangerous or incredibly stupid.  He is still capable of some rational thought but the more excited he gets, the more daring and explosive things he decides to do.

Charisma 14 Askier is surprisingly good at making allies when he wants to and whether it is is naive charm or is extroverted personality, Askier is able to endear himself to people with surprising ease. Now keeping them endeared to him once they get to know him is another matter.

Hornet's Stats

Strength: 19 - Being a Roe and having dedicated yourself to physical perfection has it's advantages.

Dexterity: 16 - Dancing, acrobatics, combat movement. You name it, the girl can do it and well.

Constitution: 17 - Sturdy as an ox when she has to be. This number might seem high, but Hornet has a very keen sense of self-preservation that prevents her from really going all out. If she gets hurt, she backs out and takes care of it rather than pushing through, but that's more of a choice thing than a capability thing.

Intelligence: 12 - Smart enough to know she's above average but not quite smart enough to know that she's barely above average.

Wisdom: 10 - Nothing special. Has good moments, has bad moments.

Charisma: 18 - Physically beautiful and extensively trained to get what she wants out of people. She can play the game as well as anyone, but it's a game that repulses her and she actively avoids. Odds are, whatever your impression of her is it is exactly the impression she wants you to have.

I'm not too familiar with 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons at all. I assigned stats to Rakka'li based on my familiarity with 3rd edition. 

The scale is like this: Numbers on the left, following by the bonus, or penalty, to your roll when using that ability score, and on the right are examples what this means for both strength and dexterity.

1:  -5 (as bad as you can be, almost unable to move if referring to strength, or unable to speak if referring to intelligence)

2-3: -4 (wasted away or born with some congenital defect, barely able to speak, cannot learn to read)

4-5: -3 (very bad physical ability, a person with severe learning disabilities might have this score)

6-7: -2 (bad, a very sedentary person, a very old person with dementia or very young person might have this intelligence score)

8-9: -1 (below average)

9-10: 0 (average)

11-12: +1 (above average)

13-14: +2 (very good, Someone who does light resistance training with regularity, or a college professor might have this score)

15-16: +3 (someone who does intermediate to heavy weight training might scale here, the top professors in the region might have this score for intelligence)

17-18: +4 (people with very, very good genetics or people who do weight training as a career would have this score for strength, genius level intelligence - very, very few people would have this score in the intelligence slot)

19-20: +5 (pinnacle of human ability, the strongest of the strong, the smartest of the smart)

...and so on forever. Every two points gives another +1 bonus. Going in to the 20s is considered superhuman (being able to lift a bus by yourself, or calculate advanced linear equations in your head - without using paper)[/b]

ahhh hmmmmm *coughcough* *quietly makes a few edits*

Charisma: 15 - As far as "charming" goes, it's a total crapshoot... but somehow he ends up ridiculously well-connected anyway.

I don't think that charisma is necessary for connections.  Osric acquires his through circumstance, as a result of direct interaction, and earns their loyalty through characteristics that have little to do with charm :)

Though my IC interaction with Osric is limited, I'd have thought that his Charisma was actually sub-average (he has a definite way of rubbing people the wrong way, and has never struck me as particularly measured in speech, or appearance), but that he'd possess both more dexterity, and an exceptional wisdom (as his key attribute).