Your character in D&D Stats?

This is a more realistic take on my character using these scales. Using game mechanics, Kiht's strength stat might make her a poor Lancer. But IMHO, in a more realistic scenario, strength is not key to being a good Lancer. Even if I am wrong, Kiht is somewhat unconventional in her Lancer techniques anyways.

Strength(STR): 12; Kiht is surprisingly strong for her size, but she is small, and lacks raw muscle mass compared to most other fighters she meets who are often bigger than she is.

Constitution: 12; Kiht is barely above average. She has a strong will, and is use to wilderness survival.

Dexterity(DEX): 19; A well-trained Ninja might be more dexterous than Kiht, but very few others would match her. She is swift, agile, and accurate with incredible balance. Even if you tripped her, she would be back on her feet in very little time. This is her key in combat.

Intelligence(INT): 10; Kiht has had little formal education, and hates mind games. She can think of decent plans, but needs time. Her wits are often sluggish, and she is often dense in regards to learning technical details. When people explain things to her, they often have to be clear and concise, or she can have trouble.

Wisdom(WIS): 17; Kiht's mental saving grace, and the key to her ability as a leader. She is astute and observant. She knows when to get noticed and when to stay "under the radar". When she does learn something, she can apply it in great ways. She may not be smart enough to play mind games well, but fooling her is difficult, no one has ever tricked her into doing something she would not want to do. She is good at looking at the big picture.

Charisma(CHA): 10; She can be sweet, but she can also be rude. She can be polite, but her pride will often get in the way of being too charming. She is blatantly honest, but does not judge people too harshly. She likes to try and look at the positive aspects of peoples' personalities, but also fails to understand even her closest friends sometimes. She is just average in this regard. I do not factor her appearance into this because pretty people are not always charming people.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'll bite. Here's C'kayah:

Strength: 10 - He's no stronger than average.

Constitution: 18 - Despite his love of comfort, he can endure a great deal of physical hardship.

Dexterity: 16 - C'kayah is nimble, and an excellent shot with a bow.

Intelligence: 12 - He's got a decent amount of native intelligence, which he steadfastly refuses to apply.

Wisdom: 11 - This is a bit of an average. He's got a great deal of insight into the way the world works, and how to manipulate his way into advantageous positions. At the same time, a pretty woman can often get the best of him with little more than a word.

Charisma: 19 - C'kayah can charm the Sultana out of her pants. And has.

Aerghwab:

Strength: 19 - HULKAMANIA, BROTHER. No, but seriously, he's extremely strong even for his race - a body molded by hard work as an apprentice shipwright beginning at a young age, and then a seaman, and finally in the heat of the forges at Naldiq & Vymelli's.

Constitution: 16 - On the high end in terms of endurance and stamina, with a hard "chin" (as some pugilists might say) able to take a good amount of punishment.

Dexterity: 9 - Slightly below average, the lumbering giant called Aerghwab lacks mobility and finesse.

Intelligence: 10 - Decidedly average. Not a stupid man, he can read and write - and in fact enjoys both - but simply doesn't have a remarkable intellect. 

Wisdom: 13 - Rather insightful, observant, and alert. Possesses a goodly amount of intuition.

Charisma: 14 - Can seem quite rough around the edges, but is confident and tends to stay positive; generally likable, quick to boisterous laughter. Would make a decent leader, but would prefer (at MOST) a sort of "second-in-command" position given the choice.

I somewhat based Yvelont on a character I played in 3E D&D and Neverwinter Nights, so this is right up my alley.

Yvelont Navarre:

STR: 17 - Well above average due to rigorous physical training as a knight in Ishgard, which he continues even now as a ranger of the Shroud.

CON: 15 - Hardy and healthy, Yvelont is accustomed to hard wilderness conditions and is a consummate survivalist. Doesn't often become sick and has good stamina.

DEX: 16 - Yvelont relies on fast footwork and natural agility during battle. Nimble-fingered and well-balanced; can aim a bow or a thrown javelin quite well.

INT: 12 - Naturally analytical thinker; somewhat cleverer than average. Was afforded a decent education as an Ishgardian noble's son.

WIS: 13 - Observant and sometimes surprisingly insightful. However, he often lets personal feelings cloud his judgment.

CHA: 15 - Very confident and well spoken. An able leader.

I cannot help but think this could be even more interesting if we take it a couple of steps further, maybe including classes (and multi-classes!) and feats. But this will do, I think. ;P

Illira Carceri

STR: 13 - Has gone down since her time on active duty, but still above average.

CON: 15 - Her inherent stubbornness and strong will-power mean that little will bring her down if she has the ability to soldier on.

DEX: 11 - She is not a naturally nimble person, but nor is she at all clutzy

INT: 17 - Illira is quite well-educated and has extensive ability and experience as a former Brass Blade captain in problem solving and situational assessment.

WIS: 8 - Has no concern for the 'why's of the world and is both unwilling and unable to question her own values.

CHA: 6 - Illira's caustic, sanctimonious attitude doesn't earn her any friends. And those that would be, she chases off with biting, ill-tempered criticisms; indeed she seems completely unable to hold her tongue and follow the advice of, "if you can't say anything nice about someone don't say anything at all".

Cypress -

Strength: 14 -

Constitution: 15 -

Dexterity: 9 -

Intelligence: 14 -

Wisdom: 17 -

Charisma: 8 -

Professed Stats:

STR 18 (18/00 if we're using 2nd Edition and earlier)

DEX 18

CON 18

INT 18

WIS 18

CHA 18

Actual Stats:

STR 10

DEX 12

CON 12

INT 13

WIS 8

CHA 16 (Somehow)

[align=center]Zac's Stats (Pre-Adventurer)[/align]

[align=center]STR: 10[/align]

[align=center]DEX: 10[/align]

[align=center]CON: 10[/align]

[align=center]INT: 12[/align]

[align=center]WIS: 10[/align]

[align=center]CHA: 11[/align]

[align=center]All 10's being the basic Human template. He's smart and likable, but nothing particularly special.[/align]

[align=center]Zac's Stats (Adventurer)[/align]

[align=center]STR: 14 (16 Berserk/Unchained, 18 Berserk+Unchained((BARBARIAN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!)[/align]

[align=center]DEX: 14 [/align]

[align=center]CON: 14[/align]

[align=center]INT: 15[/align]

[align=center]WIS: 13[/align]

[align=center]CHA: 11[/align]

[align=center]Additional (Pugilist/Monk): +1 AC when using Fists of Earth, +1 Reflex when using Featherfoot for 1D4 turns, +10 Speed when using Fists of Wind[/align]

[align=center]Additional (Maurader/Warrior): +1 AC for 2 turns when using Foresight, +2 Strength for the duration of the fight when using Berserk (Note:Locked out of all stat/attribute boosting abilities with the exception of Unchained for the duration of the fight), +2 Strength for 1d6 turns[/align]

[align=center]Story-wise, Zac's become a member of every single martial guild in Eorzea and even advanced so far in his training he's begun to pick up actual JOBS (So far ICLY being Monk and Warrior). And while I originally intended his path to resemble a Red Mage's (13's across the board, baby!) his meeting with hulking instructor Raging Behemoth set him down a martial path( "I said SPRINT with those 50 ponze sandbags Evans, not waddle like a duck!" "NO EVANS! Lift the anvil with your -KNEES- not your -BACK-!" "DOOOOOOOOODGE! /throws cannonballs"). Despite being Martially inclined, his study of various combat styles and experiences all over the continent of Eorzea have broadened his horizons. Worst of it is, with stats like these he's better suited for a storyline NPC T.T[/align]

• 1 month later...

Jezune Garinthe

Strength: 8 -- Jezune can maneuver, but he's more about finesse and fancy movements than striking power. He won't be breaking through anybody's guard, but he'll try and find a way around it.

Fortitude: 12 -- Jezune is surprisingly tanky for his size. He can take a lot of hits, and keep on trucking. However, this is mostly in the heat of battle. Afterwards, his fortitude crashes and he often takes a long time to recover.

Dexterity: 14-- While he's not the quickest, Jezune relies heavily on his speed in battle.

Intelligence: 8-- Though Jezune often doesn't play this up, he's quite smart for how he appears. Though...looking at Jezune, that isn't saying much. He's been known to try some odd strategies in battle, though they don't work all the time. However, he's a bit of a showboat in battle, not taking it much seriously, so INT takes a bit of a hit.

Wisdom: 12 -- Jezune has an uncanny intuition. He can often sense danger, but often doesn't act on his senses. He also has a sense for magic, though it's nothing exact.

Charisma: 20 -- Despite his low stats all around, Jezune makes up for it with his charisma, being incredibly friendly and easygoing. He also has a penchant for showmanship, often overacting and gathering a few laughs. Though some may call him an idiot, most will say they don't really hate him. And what can more can you really ask?

Ohhh, month-old bump. And on a lovely prompt, too. I'll take it!

Note that I pretty much assumed T'rahnu is level 20 (in D&D terms) here.

T'rahnu Ihka

Strength: 18 -- T'rahnu is extraordinarily strong for a Miqo'te. This is (or would be if the game gave me a muscle slider *cough*) obvious from first sight, as her muscles are extremely prominent. This is on top of her natural talent when it comes to manipulating her own body's aether.

Dexterity: 18 -- Naturally, she's pretty damn agile (understatement). Note that I assumed Miqo'te would have a natural +2 racial dex bonus here... makes sense, right? She has very good natural reflexes and is capable of twisting her body while in motion to great effect in combat. She likes to make a point of dodging all of an opponent's attacks just to egg them on. When it comes to her "physical intelligence", she is simply among the best there is.

Constitution: 15 -- She has good genes, trains regularly, and eats well. ...Yeah, that's basically all there is to say about this.

Intelligence: 14 -- Her constant traveling means she's become quite worldly, and her parents made a point of educating their children. Her complete lack of knowledge when it comes to magic or complex mathematics serves as a counterpoint to this (and if 'flaws' are a thing we can have, she would definitely have severe penalties against any use of magic).

Wisdom: 16 -- She is actually quite astute at times, is slow to anger, and has very good natural instincts. This can also be a downside for her party members in that she is very good at telling when the momentum has turned against her, and she will often flee or surrender the moment that happens.

Charisma: 9 -- She is extremely difficult for most people to be comfortable with, as she simply doesn't care for social norms like any 'decent', 'civilized' person should. She likes to get into peoples' personal space, will stare overlong into the eyes of even complete strangers, and her hodgepodge of a vocabulary often sees her point lost in the midst of translation. She will also fail to respect personal boundaries in conversation on purpose. She IS quite intimidating at times, but that has nothing to do with her natural charisma (this could easily be represented with skill points in 'intimidation').

Her stats at level 1 would look something like this:

STR: 15

DEX: 16

CON: 15

INT: 12

WIS: 13

CHA: 9

(Yes, this is completely ignoring the '1 point every 4 levels' rule, which frankly is kind of a load of hooey to begin with. The '2 points every 4 levels' thing in 5e is much better, as is the 'you can trade a feat for an ability point' thing.)

I realize she looks kind of bloody overpowered from this perspective... but it gets worse from there. :) Thankfully, she's not the type of character to ever become a mover & shaker, so it's not really too much of an issue. Kind of like Samurai Jack, she just shows up, makes a mess (or cleans up a mess, one or the other), and then moves on.

Edit: To help other posters with the sense of scale, here's a table describing carrying capacity for STR. IRL, I have a STR score of like... 5. :(

In case anyone's interested there's a Final Fantasy D20 site that has racial stat bonuses for the FFXI races, which are easily adapted.

Bumo Dalumo

STR: 12 -- You don't do strenuous labor for a decade-and-a-half without building serious muscle. Repetitive heavy lifting and working with axe and hammer have pushed Bumo to phenomenal levels of strength for a Lalafell, and while that might not seem like much compared to other races, Bumo can lift over 1.5x his own bodyweight--and shoulder things that are 3x his size.

DEX: 10 -- Bumo is not the most dexterous Lalafell. His low center of gravity gives him good balance, and he's got enough precision for his work, but he's not going to be doing acrobatics anytime soon.

CON: 16 -- Bumo doesn't get fatigued very easily. He's used to working long hours in sweltering heat, he rarely gets sick, and he can shrug off hits.

INT: 9 -- Growing up on a remote island doesn't exactly lend itself to book learnin' and analytical process. Bumo is far from dumb--he's average, really--but he's not much for academia. His IQ also puts some of the nuances of Eorzean language beyond him.

WIS: 12 -- Plainsfolk Lalafell tend to naturally be observant of the world around them. (Mostly thanks to the ears.) Bumo has good instincts, though his moral code may run counter to common sense. He has strong empathy, and he learned very early on to be alert to the motives of others.

CHA: 10 -- Bumo has some hurdles when it comes to social interaction. The scar on his face can be a blocker, but the biggest barrier is language: some quirks of Bumo's speech make him challenging to understand; conversely, certain jokes and idioms go right over his head, especially wordplay. Still, those who take the time to puzzle through his words find that he makes for a pleasant conversationalist.

For Tallera? I already HAD DnD stats! Huzzah!

Str: 8

Tally is a shut in through and through. She was training to be an astrologist!

Dex: 13

Tallera is not naturally agile, but is used to busywork. Magic or no, everyone had to pitch in once Coerthas froze over.

Con: 12

If your constitution is weak the snow will destroy you! It is currently lowered due to malnourishment.

Int: 18

Tallera's power stat. She does magic! And math! There's not much lore on the training methods of astrologers but they are probably robust!

Wis: 9

She has a limited worldview and is quite young. Ishgardian culture has made her xenophobic and narrow minded.

Cha: 14

Tallera's ignorant innocence seems to have made her affable in the eyes of Ul'dah. Her lousy history and sad anecdotes give her a pity bonus with many.

Ok here I will try. Please note I never played any kind of tabletop RPG so please do feel free to critique if something sounds off. Literally all of my knowledge on this subject has come from reading this thread, so please go easy if you do critique ^^;

STR: 10 - Titor is able to perform the strength requirements given to enlist in the Flames, so assuming that that would require an 11-12, I took off a few points due to his occasional passing out (also why he recently got honorably discharged from the Flames, still works independently with them though)

DEX: 10 - Titor has never used a ranged weapon such as a bow or a gun in combat or for any practical purpose. However he is able to last on the field through combat as a combat medic and retrieve the wounded or whatnot so is able to perform there. 

FORT: 16 -  Titor is pretty resilient. I am not really sure how to judge this one since he does have a chronic illness (anemia) and contracted sickness often as a child. However he never lets that stop him or loses heart in it, and always tries to come back and does not give up there (he still dreams that he can soon reenlist in the Flames). He was able to keep up in the heat of combat without running out of steam (unless his anemia made him collapse). This is really a hard stat for me to judge for Titor so.... Going to put it as this for now, since his fortitude seems to depend on the day and situation. 

INT: 20 - Well, he is kind of at savant levels of being able to see aetheric geometries/doctor/perform calculations in his head and stuff. Like with savantism this lies his entire knowledge. Do anything with fistfighting or how to raise animals or farm or any other aspect he is not gifted in those areas just average. He also is not a veterinarian and is not knowledgeable about how to heal or deal with pets/animals. I am not sure if considering my character a savant in this field would be gary stu or anything, but I feel like he has many other flaws or downfalls that balance it out (I also consent the person that I am rping with to be sure they are ok with me healing something or whatever so yeah)

WIS: 15 - His wisdom comes from being a doctor, he knows how to console people in times or grief or keep people's spirits up while forgoing surgery or healing. However if it came to wisdom on diplomatic matters he would not be the type to consult, so he has doctorly wisdom.

CHA: 8 - Titor is a bit shy outside of his role as a doctor. As a doctor he is all business and serious about it, but just approaching him in casual conversation he sometimes is at a loss for words or will try to drift the conversation to one of his interests since it is something he knows pretty well. He is very polite though and not rude, so if it seems like the other party is not interested he will just shut up and kind of withdraw.

So yeah, that was my attempt to assign him stats... Gentile critique would be nice, though, if you have any, remember I am new at placing stats >_<

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh looks fun!

Strength: 9 Keru isn't the most physically strong person, as he is more magically inclined, he is slightly below average for this.

Dexterity: 14 While he isn't strong, he is fairly agile and is an excellent climber, that and his smaller frame allows him to be quick.

Constitution: 10 Nothing really special about this just average.

Intelligence: 16 Keru is a mage first and foremost so he takes pride in a somewhat broad range of knowledge as well as his parents teaching him all they know in regards to society and whatnot.

Wisdom: 11 While it takes him a bit to really catch on to things, he does learn from his mistakes. (Though if it was wisdom in romance he's like...2.)

Charisma: 8 Keru isn't the best around crowds and fresh faces, but he has gotten better at it.(Though he is still kinda odd.)

Any critique would be welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I don't play D&D. I play Pathfinder.

:P

But seriously, I did use Pathfinder for this simply because it's the system I am more accustomed to, though they are essentially the same anyway. I used the actual point system to lay this out--using 'Epic' points given the setting of Final Fantasy XIV and all.

For Crooked Tarot his stats are as follows:

Strength: 11 - His strength is only above average by a small margin, and this comes mostly from training for combat more than anything. He relies more heavily on moving quickly or avoiding combat entirely and so this isn't something he's dedicated himself to very much beyond just enjoying looking good.

Constitution: 12 - Again, this comes mostly from living healthy and training his body daily. He does this mostly to help with his work--beyond the dangerous life of a smuggler, invading crypts and long sealed tombs obviously yields various health hazards of their own and so he needs to keep his body at least good enough to fend off the various nasty things floating in the air while he's down there.

Dexterity: 18 - This is where Tarot shines (and where I put his free +2 for being human!). Ambidextrous, flexible, quick and nimble, Tarot is difficult to catch when he wants to be caught and damn near impossible when he doesn't want to be. It stands to reason though--a man who believes first and foremost in his own personal freedom doesn't like the idea of being tied down by anything, even physical limitations.

Intelligence: 14 - Tarot is quick to learn and very good at picking apart puzzles. Maths are fun to him (at least things involving counting profit) and he's prided himself on being able to do math even while in combat, though he's not focused enough to bother learning how to do magics. Trap picking or building though? That's more his speed.

Wisdom: 14 - Most of his Wisdom is bent solely towards observational skills, as people who know him know he tends to talk first and think later. He's picked up a lot of knowledge over the course of his life, mostly through observation and this lends to his know-it-all attitude.

Charisma: 12 - He's a salesman, what more is there to say? His Charisma is based more out of force of will and sheer audacity, so this isn't higher. People that don't get along with his personality type likely won't be charmed by him--but those people are few and far between right? RIGHT!?