Your character in D&D Stats?

Charisma: 15 - As far as "charming" goes, it's a total crapshoot... but somehow he ends up ridiculously well-connected anyway.

I don't think that charisma is necessary for connections.  Osric acquires his through circumstance, as a result of direct interaction, and earns their loyalty through characteristics that have little to do with charm :)

Though my IC interaction with Osric is limited, I'd have thought that his Charisma was actually sub-average (he has a definite way of rubbing people the wrong way, and has never struck me as particularly measured in speech, or appearance), but that he'd possess both more dexterity, and an exceptional wisdom (as his key attribute).

Good point. Lemme knock that stat down. *grabs sledgehammer*

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna try. T_T;

Strength(STR): 12 - He's a PLD so his is above average, having trained his muscles and whatnot, especially hard after his transformation

Fortitude(FORT): 18 - Kage is very resilient. He'll hold until he falls.

Dexterity(DEX): 9 - As a PLD he'd have some but well, Kage went from lala to miqo'te. He's still pretty bad.

Intelligence(INT): 15 - Kage was originally a Thaumaturge, dabbling into Black Magic because of his original heritage. He's not able to cast anymore but well... it's not like you can just become dumb?

Wisdom(WIS): 10 - Kage is very average, but possibly less? As a PLD he is quite battle awares but his street sense... no. Kage's best intentions bite people in the arse many times. He could possibly cause another Calamity by trying to save Eorzea.

Charisma(CHA): 14 - People seem to like him most of the time? He doesn't seem to rub too many people the wrong way, even when he became the ebul Brass Blade. In fact, a lot of people still liked him or favored him despite that.

The reason I did 1~20 as opposed to 1~10 is because I felt like 1~20 could be a little bit more 'broad', per say. We're using FFXIV characters and judging them under D&D stats, I felt like 1~10 just wouldn't cut it. 

Also, Crofter's explanation of INT vs WIS is the best.

EDIT: Looking over these numbers... damn we're strong people. How do we even not overthrow everyone?

I also decided to average out Oscare's charisma to 9 and his Intelligence to 10 after some mulling over it, and also Crofter's contribution of  "3 is animal intelligence", a point I completely forgot. I also put Oscare's DEX at 19 because it just made more sense to me.

P.S: Oscare still isn't charismatic, if last night was any indication.

STR - 16. Val trains on a daily basis and while strength isn't his main focus in combat, he's had a lot of training with the armor he wears and the weapon he wields.

DEX - 19. Val is a short, slender little Miqo'te with powerful legs. He's incredibly quick and often tries to use this to his advantage.

INT - 7. Val r nut teh smrtz gud. In all seriousness, he never went to school and never learned how to read. He can't really count well, either. A lot of words and phrases go over his head, he doesn't understand metaphors, and.. well. Yeah.

WIS - 15. He's not intelligent, but he's spent many years hunting and in combat. This has given him a sharp wit and knowledge of the battlefield. While it doesn't quite make up for his lack of book smarts, it at least gives him a fighting chance where conversations are concerned--especially when he wants to laugh at someone.

FORT - 17. This goes along with Val's constant training and hunting. He's not the most resilient, but he can keep going for a good while before he gets worn out. 

CHA - 6. Due to Val being incredibly blunt and not very used to social situations, many prefer to keep their distance from him. The poor boy tries now that he's been more or less cast into these situations, but generally tends to fail miserably.

STR - 16. Cyrus is relatively strong and has undergone the training for it, even if he doesn't know how to properly make use of it.

DEX - 11. He isn't exactly the quickest and has never really needed to be. He's more used to letting his armor shrug off the attacks than needing to get out of the way.

INT - 10. Cyrus likes to read on the regular, but it's more for entertainment than anything. He's not overly intelligent, but he's not exactly average either. 

WIS - 12. Cyrus would likely be more wise if he had more years under his belt. He's good at reading his opponent and keeping an eye out on situations in general, something that's come from years of work as a soldier. 

FORT - 17. A great deal of resistance training has given Cyrus the ability to take a beating--and he's going to need it. He isn't exactly the best swordsman, nor does he know how to properly wield a shield. ..But he tries, at any rate, and knowing how to take hits and keep moving will definitely help him in the future.  

CHA - 14. Cyrus is charming and friendly. He smiles at everyone he meets and delights in pleasant conversation. He's always willing to help anyone in need and is more than willing to throw his life on the line for the greater good. It also helps that he's a relatively handsome young man and tries to look presentable whenever possible.

STR - 8. Taking one look at Mel will let one know that he isn't a strong individual. He has to struggle to lift heavy weapons, if he even can at all.

DEX - 12. His wisdom and alertness gives the allusion that he's more dexterous than he actually is. He can't tumble or do any neat tricks, but he's capable of noticing an attack and making an awkward, fumbling attempt at getting out of the way.

INT - 19. Mel has spent nearly all his life keeping himself shut in his home and reading books. Not only is learning his favorite past time, but he tends to retain a great deal of the information he's read. Truth be told, he'd much rather entertain himself with his studies than deal with a group of people.

WIS - 15. With his high intelligence and studious hobbies comes a high score of wisdom. He's learned a lot from the various fables and stories he's told, as well as learned many things during his own adventures and experiments.

FORT - 10. Due to his lack of physical training, Mel isn't very physically fit. He has a natural metabolism that keeps him slim and allows him to retain a natural fitness, but he isn't able to run incredibly far without getting out of breath. 

CHA - 16. Although Mel prefers to keep away from the crowds, he is very eloquent and, perhaps, even charming. This is likely the result of coming from a house of nobles, even if that house no longer exists or even retains a sum of money to bequeath him with. This seems to have left him humbled and rather accepting of even the poorest individual he's come across.

What up, daytime people, let's do this thang!

Strength: 8 - Getting close to the noodley scale!

Dexterity: 20 - Stupid good with a bow. You know that ridiculous catching arrows and firing them back shit? Yeeeah >:D! lululul... Very flexible and agile.

Constitution: 10 - Pretty average. Good at dodging, lots of stamina, and she's pretty good at ignoring pain, but a solid blow definitely has the potential to take her out of commission.

Intelligence: 14 - Above average magic user, though by no means a prodigy. Industrious in a bind and fairly clever.

Wisdom: 7 - Generally she's got a lot of common sense, but her views tend to clash with the general populace, and she's given her fair share of bad advice. She's not terrible at guiding others, when she bothers, but she's AWFUL at her own life choices, though she does learn from mistakes... if they sting enough.

Charisma: 17 - Often blunt with people, but she's got a silver tongue and a winning smile when she decides to use them. She oozes confidence on most topics and has been pretty successful in convincing people that she's not bullshitting.

I also decided to average out Oscare's charisma to 9 and his Intelligence to 10 after some mulling over it, and also Crofter's contribution of  "3 is animal intelligence", a point I completely forgot. I also put Oscare's DEX at 19 because it just made more sense to me.

P.S: Oscare still isn't charismatic, if last night was any indication.

I once played in an old-school roll 3D6 for each stat (with no shuffling) campaign and wound up playing an Orc with 20 strength, and 2 charisma.  That is the charisma of a spider, if you're curious!  MENACE

I'd like to be quick to point out that if you choose the low end of stats via the D&D rules, you start to have problems. A combination of poor charisma, intelligence, and/or wisdom effectively means your character would never be able to operate in almost any form of society. More over, once you start running into the 1-3 range, you are on the simplest scale of things. A 1 in charisma means that at maximum, you can interact. However, you would never be able to get your point across, let alone comprehend anyone else's point.

Be careful if you start tossing extreme numbers around, because if you decide to give a 20 for strength, but balance it with an intelligence that's one point higher than a horse, or a charisma that's a single point higher than an inanimate object, your character is going to end up more like a golem than a living being.

I'd like to be quick to point out that if you choose the low end of stats via the D&D rules, you start to have problems. A combination of poor charisma, intelligence, and/or wisdom effectively means your character would never be able to operate in almost any form of society. More over, once you start running into the 1-3 range, you are on the simplest scale of things. A 1 in charisma means that at maximum, you can interact. However, you would never be able to get your point across, let alone comprehend anyone else's point.

Be careful if you start tossing extreme numbers around, because if you decide to give a 20 for strength, but balance it with an intelligence that's one point higher than a horse, or a charisma that's a single point higher than an inanimate object, your character is going to end up more like a golem than a living being.

This is not exactly a science (nor are D&D stats), just a fun exercise.  I don't think I'd worry about it so much!

This is not exactly a science (nor are D&D stats), just a fun exercise.  I don't think I'd worry about it so much!

Correct you are, but the numbers do have a meaning to them. Indeed it shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I feel more information is always helpful, especially since it is based off the D&D stats and the system, even if simplified. No harm in voicing that.

I should add this: Be very careful when picking your Wisdom vs Intelligence scores. Many people get the two confused.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is understanding you shouldn't put it in a fruit salad.

{edit} Also, in D&D terms, an average score is 10.  A commoner NPC would have a 10 in all stats

Anything 3 or below is animal intelligence.

If any score drops to 0, you die.

Coatleque's Stats:

Strength: 16 - Highlander Racial, female

Dexterity: 14 - Highlander Racial

Constitution: 16 - Highlander Racial, female

Intelligence: 14 - She's smart, but as the Red Wings can attest to, very oblivious

Wisdom: 17 - I know a few people who can attest to her wisdom by now.

Charisma: 19 - No explanation needed here.

Yeah, these stat number are a little broken.   ._.

I would dare to say a mary sue is present BUUUUUUT... I'm not that much of a jerk and don't very much care either way.

Not that I think people who pull mary sue cards for little reason are jerks but if you're character is nearly perfect in all stat values then thats typically a sign of a mary sue. I may be wrong thugh as I have never RPed with Coat ICly.

As a person who has DM'd several DnD and Pathfinder sessions, these numbers look perfectly fine to me, especially if it's a mid leveled character, and I don't see anything on the front page about this being a level 1 based character >>;

I'd love any criticisms about the stats I made for Kage. Any adjustments or whatnot.

He's pretty good overall excelling above norm on a number of things, especially his constitution which makes him nearly like a literal wall. Only fault he has is the 9 dexterity. I'd put him between me and a large beast any day of the week. He'd be a bit below mid level character were this pathfinder or D&D. Just need to slap on some sweet magical enhancement items and he'd be a killer.

I'd love any criticisms about the stats I made for Kage. Any adjustments or whatnot.

As a Miqo'te, his DEX is probably kind of low. This could be explained as him being off-balance and not used to the size and strength change between the races, but after enough time is passed this number would surely rise.

Constitution is a measure of physical health, endurance, resistance to poison/disease/alcohol. I'd give Roe's the highest CON in Eorzea. But this stat could honestly be the one that varies the most between all races, as some are just naturally born sicklier than others. You can be as strong as an ox and still be knocked out after just one ale. Or have severe allergies. Or catch a cold every other month.

Let's take a look at L'yhta in these terms. For the sake of argument, we're going to consider that she uses Intelligence as her "power stat" for magic.

• Strength: 10 -- L'yhta's about average in strength. She's a bit wiry, given that she runs around and likes to dance, but she's lacking in training, expertise, and motivation to apply what strength she does have.
  • Dexterity: 10 -- Average by hyur standards, a complete klutz by miqo'te standards.
  • Constitution: 12 -- Slightly better than average, largely because you'd have to be to be as wired as she is.
  • Intelligence: 20 -- While it doesn't always come out, she's terrifyingly intelligent and oozing with magical power. She can talk on topics ranging from philosophy to economics, from religion to metaphysics with ease, then casually toss out a Fire III and go back to conversation.
  • Wisdom: 6 -- She's a terrible judge of character, extremely dense, grossly imperceptive, and has the emotional maturity of a teenager with superpowers (which is to say, not much :) ).
  • Charisma: 10 -- In general, she gets along fairly well with people and is fairly witty, but she also has a nasty tendency to shoot her mouth off and is about as good at deception as a naughty five year old.

Alright, now that I've had a moment to think on it, let me do one for Lillith! Whoo! Comments and critiques are welcome!

Strength 12 - She's a bit higher than average, but only as a result as her military training and life as a mercenary. There is also an issue of power to weight ratio, she is 5'2 and 125 pounds, even on her best day she'd lose an arm wrestling match to a Roe.

Dexterity 18 - Lillith's entire motivation in life is centered around becoming the best Archer Eorzea has ever seen, with her primary goal being to surpass the Godsbow in both talent and renown. She's been training since her youth in Archery and while her skill with a bow is certainly impressive, she still has many paths to walk before she becomes peerless in her ability. As a Miqo'te she is quick and athletic, making some of her more acrobatic trick shots easier to manage.

Constitution 11 - She's quite average in this department, though her military training has giving her slightly above average endurance, she is a ranged fighter and has not been properly trained to taking hits. While she can defend herself in close range using her bow in a physical sense, this style of combat relies heavily on her ability to dodge any close range attacks, not take them. Land a punch in her gut, and you'll wind her for sure.

Intelligence 11 - Lillith knows her way around a book, and is good enough as a leatherworker to mend her armor, but she is certainly no scholar. Her intelligence is just barely above that of common folk.

Wisdom 14 - Lillith has quick wit and in a dangerous situation she has enough sense and experience to make decisions that will lead her party out of it alive, but while the wisdom she does have at this point has been earned through a life of combat, adventure and exploration, she is often held back in this department by her horrific apathy.

Charisma 15 - She is quite fun to be around and doesn't have issues jumping into the thick of things and making new friends, but she often speaks her mind without regard to how her words could offend somebody, not so much because she is dense but more so because Lillith has no care for whom she does, or does not, upset. She can tell a lie if she needs to but as a character trait she tends to avoid it, considering telling to truth to be the much more entertaining avenue. She's not bad to look at, though certainly not the most beautiful in Eorzea it doesn't keep her from getting by in the bedsheet department.

Daphine:

• Strength: 8 : She's a book worm so she hasn't had much need to work on this. 

• Dexterity: 8 : Tied in with above. She does tend to be clumsy but lucky with her clumsiness. 

• Constitution: 12 : Hours of surgery, days in study, and lots of traveling  have given her some level of endurance to weariness.

• Intelligence: 18 : She's very well read.

• Wisdom: 12 : While she has a knack toward problem solving she tends to be a bit literal toward things at times. She is also know to forgo common sense to help others despite the 'you should know better' voice in her head.

• Charisma : 12 :  Daphine is very well spoken and very friendly. This stat would probably be higher if not for her speech impediment and her outwardly meek persona.

Andralyn:

• Strength: 10 :  Nothing remarkable, but she can certain throw a nice hook. 

• Dexterity: 10:  She knows her way around a punch but she's not particularly well trained.

• Constitution: 12 : She can stand quite a bit before tuckering out. Yes this applies to more than just fighting.  ( Had to.. sorry. *retreats back to corner*)

• Intelligence: 12 : She's smarter than your average bear. She's got a good base to work with on a variety of subjects.

• Wisdom: 15 : She's very perceptive, especially of people and their intentions.

• Charisma : 18 :  Generally confident and well kept, she's has quite a magnetism to her. Andralyn was a companion. Now she runs a house of companions. Her livelihood depends on her charisma. 

Vaughn Antain...

Strength: 12 (He's not strong, but neither is he weak. He has been training hard to overcome this.)

Dexterity: 19 (Nimble as all hell, and keeps in practice. This is his one redeeming stat...)

Constitution: 14 (He's hearty, with great stamina ;))

Intelligence: 10 (He can read and write! Quite beautifully, actually.)

Wisdom: 7 (He's...also kinda dumb. There is a saying among the people I RP with... 'To pull a Vaughn...')

Charisma: 14 (He relies too heavily on his attractiveness that when it comes to social situations, he falls flat. He's awkward and somewhat clumsy. This stat is only as high as it is because he's just too damn pretty.)

So, yeah...