Which EU server to move to when EU is in Europe?

Norna

According to this (French) interview Yoshi is talking to Blizzard about actual EU servers in Europe somethingsomething Battle.net (can you tell that my French is nonexistent?). Anyway, when that happens, I think there are several EU players who want to make the move to an EU server. But if so, which server would we like RP to move to (if we'd move at all)? And is there already a strong EU-RP server (I wouldn't know, the only EU server I tried was Moogle and everyone I met during levels 1-15 spoke French [and as I said, mine is nonexistent], so I switched to Balmung)?

Cerberus - Has a lot of French players, according to what I hear? Others say that it is the Unofficial UK Server?

Lich - ??? I never hear anything about Lich, except that a few complain that it's quiet.

Moogle - Unofficial French, Italian and 4chan Server? I heard Spanish and Polish might be here too. (Or everyone just wants to be on the Moogle server.) During Early Access, it was one of the servers mentioned in conjunction with RP.

Odin - Unofficial UK Server? I hear many Anglophones recommend it. Another possible RP server?

Phoenix - I heard that there's a large population? Some claim that it is the Unofficial EU-RP server, but most posts I've seen online say that it's really Moogle, Odin or Ragnarok that's RP.

Ragnarok - Legacy

Shiva - Unofficial German Server?

Zodiark - Another server I barely hear anything about.

I just thought we might want to iron it out well in advance to avoid further fragmentation. :)

I would never move, there's absolutely no point in it. The ping isn't bad unless you're competitively raiding or have a very bad connection and I have not met many rp'ers who raid -that- much.

Balmung has RP 24/7 pretty much because people have tossed the regional ties and it's something at least I have never seen before. Why confine ourselves to a future as a small community when we can be a part of a big one on Balmung? Even if we're not up for the events, things are still pretty good here imo. If anything we should be doing more to promote that RP happens on Balmung also for the EU'ers (no idea if Gilgamesh have a EU community, if so we should promote both) so people don't end up isolating themselves on a small eu server.

That's why I said if we'd move at all. I like Balmung as well, but I also think that if there are players who want to move, maybe it would be good to either find out which EU server has the biggest RP presence, or if there isn't anyone in particular, maybe agree on one, well in advance so that the information is there for the people making that choice (and so that, if it becomes a scramble, EU-RPers wont have to finish a debate before a deadline or something).

I'm probably going to stay on Balmung, because knowing my internet luck and track record with other MMORPGs, the EU servers probably will be in a location that gives me about the same ping and packet loss (give or take 10-20 ping or so. This was me for AION and ArcheAge Beta 3: US servers=165-190 ping, EU servers=170-180 ping. Yeah, not much of a difference :? and if I'm really unlucky it'll go through that one node that randomly, a few times a day, gives 170+% packet loss which in FFXIV terms translates into 90000).

I'm sometimes toying with idea of an FC/LS that has leaders (and subsequently, members and events) of every timezone, but in order to make that work, I kinda need contacts/friends/other people and I don't have that. :P

..I'm probably going to stay on Balmung, because knowing my internet luck and track record with other MMORPGs, the EU servers probably will be in a location that gives me about the same ping and packet loss (give or take 10-20 ping or so. This was me for AION and ArcheAge Beta 3: US servers=165-190 ping, EU servers=170-180 ping. Yeah, not much of a difference :? and if I'm really unlucky it'll go through that one node that randomly, a few times a day, gives 170+% packet loss which in FFXIV terms translates into 90000).

With WTFast (there are others) I get around 100ms from UK for FFXIV.