The Sandstorm Bandits [EU]

WhiskyDonut

The Sandstorm Bandits are a band of notorious nomadic sell-swords, smugglers, slave-wranglers and weapon traders. They are mostly found in the area's of Thanalan and the Sagolii desert. Barely venturing into Ul'dah.

Their culture is hardened and adapted to the deep deserts and rough canyons, their society built around survival of the fittest. Those who have encountered the Sandstorm Bandits relay tales of a very fickle sense of morality and an amiability towards the philosophy of "the ends justify the means."

They are said to be vicious, capable fighters with few allies, treating the Eorzean Alliance and Garleans with equal measures of estrangement, if not downright hostility.

(( This is an EU Bandit/Slave FC, based upon 1001 Night/Arabic theme. The original guild has been created on World of Warcraft by Rasheed and Hasheem Al-Fayed aswell as the Language used by the Sandstorm even on FFXIV. All credit goes to them. I took this idea up into FFXIV because I love it and I think people here will enjoy it aswell.  If you wish to apply to the guild as Slave or Bandit, you can do so here or send an Application to the FC on Balmung. Or if you wish to know more, you can contact me here by PM or /tell in-game. ))

*Respect eachother. We are here to have fun not to deal with problems.

*If you have a problem with another players, talk to him or her yourself first. Remember the first rule. Should this not work, contact an officer.

Slave Section:

*The Slaves are -NOT- Sexslaves, they are -NOT- for the bandits personal pleasures. While I cannot and will not stop ERP, do so in private and with agreement of both or all parties involved.

*Slaves are merchandise, handle them, to some extend, with care. Damaged goods are worth less. Should a Slave step out of line, find the Slavemaster/mistress, Al-Surrdu or the Sheikh himself.

• 11 months later...

[[mod note: per user request, this thread has been unarchived. Please remember to post at least once a month in the thread to mark it as active]]

Thank you for unarchiving this thread.

-----

While the Thread is for now somewhat small, I shall work on putting in some general rules and funfacts about the FC. Please be patient with me for I am a fairly new Guild/FC leader with many attempts on my name, but no succeeds yet.

-----

I am currently looking for someone that could help me run the FC OOC'ly and mayhap IC'ly. As I have said above, I am fairly new and can use all the help I can get to get this FC up and running!

I would really, really suggest trying to twist away from the World of Warcraft version in a way. Ditch the language for one, seeming Eorzeans all speak the same language ect! That said, politics in this game are a different type of game compared to WoW as well, so I would strongly suggest rethinking the whole part of who you want to act hostile to.

In truth I think this could possibly be a lovely concept, if you turned it away from WoW settings and ideals, and turn it into an Eorzean one :)

It's also worth bearing in mind that slavers are thoroughly despised and actively hunted down throughout Eorzea. How do you plan to get around that, especially with a 'slave' rank that essentially ensures the organisation is in outright villain territory?

Perhaps it would grant you more role-playing opportunities to ditch the 'slavery' aspect and replace it with trying to sell travellers 'dubious merchandise' instead?

I would really, really suggest trying to twist away from the World of Warcraft version in a way. Ditch the language for one, seeming Eorzeans all speak the same language ect! That said, politics in this game are a different type of game compared to WoW as well, so I would strongly suggest rethinking the whole part of who you want to act hostile to.

In truth I think this could possibly be a lovely concept, if you turned it away from WoW settings and ideals, and turn it into an Eorzean one :)

This is what I am trying to do. The Language I can cover by saying it is their personal way of communicating and/or a sort of code. And I do know that the lore of Final Fantasy is completely different, I am just mentioning WoW because I'm giving credit to the people that originally created this guild on WoW and I only bring it into the world of Eorzea.

I am not good at politics whatsoever, so am hoping that I will find someone interested in the concept and willing to help me out with politics and diplomacy both IC and OOC. The hostility part I may change to neutral/aggresive status. Aslong they people leave them alone, they won't bite back.

But I thank you for your thoughts.

It's also worth bearing in mind that slavers are thoroughly despised and actively hunted down throughout Eorzea. How do you plan to get around that, especially with a 'slave' rank that essentially ensures the organisation is in outright villain territory?

Perhaps it would grant you more role-playing opportunities to ditch the 'slavery' aspect and replace it with trying to sell travellers 'dubious merchandise' instead?

I know that slavers are despised and hunted. However, so are drugdealers IRL, yet they still exist. Ofcourse they're not going to openly admit to anyone that they deal in slaves aswell as other merchandise. But to make it clear and obvious for people, Slavery, Slave-wranglers is allot easier to understand then "dubious merchandise of the fleshly sort".

And while I am aware that I will need to change some aspects and idea's in the guild, slavery is not going to be one of them.

But I thank you for your thoughts.