Hello from an RPer in almost-new condition!

Hello FF14 RPers! I wanted to introduce myself, break the ice, and get a feel for the community and the game. I've recently resubbed to ff14 and so much has changed. Or, maybe it's that I just don't remember much. I feel at a bit of a loss as where to start getting myself better acquainted with both game and community.

I'm IndustryThirteen. I've taken to calling myself that as I change character names once in a while. I'm also an illustrator, so I like to just brand myself as something recognizable outside of my characters. Sometimes I go by Sriin. Sometimes Ishkhaara. My character name currently is Sriin Knorei, but in hindsight, I'd like to rename her. However, I know that's not an option atm. I just transferred her to Balmung. She's a level 32 seawolf monk. 

I'm sort of coming into the community solo. A friend sparked my interest in playing again, but I'm also looking to make new friends. Does anyone have an advice for a good linkshell to join, as someone in almost-new condition? 

Thank you for having me, and I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

Hello! Welcome to the community!

Are there any locations you like RPing in? We can help try to find the associated communities to help get you in. (Currently, I know there's a lot of RP in Ul'dah, with communities on the rise in Limsa Lominsa and Gridiania/The Black Shroud).

Not to overly-advertise Ul'dah, but there is a big Linkshell of people called the Friends of Momodi, that has a pretty large amount of people. There are a handful of other wonderful ones as well though, which you can find on the RPC in the Linkshells section. (All of them are active).

If you've got questions on gameplay, needs some stuff crafted/melded/etc, feel free to ask me anytime. I'm almost always on as Franz Renatus. :)

Hi. Welcome :D

I'm a recent resub too, also trying to wade my through all the changes.

I think that there's usually RP going on in Ul'dah, around the adventurer's guild, and there's the Open RP LS that's probably good for finding people too. There's a also a few player run events listed on the forums below that might be a good way to meet new people.

I can't recommend any other specific LSs or FC since I'm sort-of-new and not sure who is still around, but if you ever want another random person to add to your friendly RP list feel free to add Takh'a. :)

Hello! Welcome to the community!

Are there any locations you like RPing in? We can help try to find the associated communities to help get you in. (Currently, I know there's a lot of RP in Ul'dah, with communities on the rise in Limsa Lominsa and Gridiania/The Black Shroud).

Not to overly-advertise Ul'dah, but there is a big Linkshell of people called the Friends of Momodi, that has a pretty large amount of people. There are a handful of other wonderful ones as well though, which you can find on the RPC in the Linkshells section. (All of them are active).

If you've got questions on gameplay, needs some stuff crafted/melded/etc, feel free to ask me anytime. I'm almost always on as Franz Renatus. :)

Wow! Thank you! May I friend you in game? 

As far as what I'm looking for... phew, I not one hundred percent. I'm thinking that I kind of want to be an aimless adventurer or mercenary of some sort that just kinda goes where she's needed, makes some comrades along the way. Might be a little rough around the edges, but ultimately helps others after a moment of grumbling. I love all of the major cities, but Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa are probably my two favorite locations. Bah, I like Gridiania too! 

Hello Takh'a and Wandering Wordsmith. I'll be sure to look for you two as well! Thank you both!

Wow! Thank you! May I friend you in game? 

As far as what I'm looking for... phew, I not one hundred percent. I'm thinking that I kind of want to be an aimless adventurer or mercenary of some sort that just kinda goes where she's needed, makes some comrades along the way. Might be a little rough around the edges, but ultimately helps others after a moment of grumbling. I love all of the major cities, but Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa are probably my two favorite locations. Bah, I like Gridiania too! 

Hello Takh'a and Wandering Wordsmith. I'll be sure to look for you two as well! Thank you both!

Of course! My friends list is pretty empty and will probbaly have spots for a /long/ time. You'll probably like to make use of the "Making Connections" forum here, as it's a great way to get involved, or to check up on what others may be looking for.

If your looking for a quick way to get into a community, I know Askier has an event coming up (I want to say next week, but the timing may still be in flux). He's how I got roped in to the community!

You'll probably find RP around all of the cities, and having an open mind is a good way to start.

Hope to see you in-game sometime! :)

He's how I got roped in to the community!

What? What are Nat and I? Chopped liver? We totes pointed you to doing the event! :P

If you do like Ul'dah I'm sure one of the people who RP in Ul'dah can get you introduced if you're worried about how to get started and don't want to /emote quite abit about how you just got in the city and wanted to take a rest at the bar with a nice cold drink.

A pearl linkshell invite may also be helpful, it's mostly OOC conversation but it does generally involve RP. Events in Ul'dah tend to get some voice in the linkshell too.

He's how I got roped in to the community!

What? What are Nat and I? Chopped liver? We totes pointed you to doing the event! :P

If you do like Ul'dah I'm sure one of the people who RP in Ul'dah can get you introduced if you're worried about how to get started and don't want to /emote quite abit about how you just got in the city and wanted to take a rest at the bar with a nice cold drink.

A pearl linkshell invite may also be helpful, it's mostly OOC conversation but it does generally involve RP. Events in Ul'dah tend to get some voice in the linkshell too.

Well, Kage was chopped. Almost. Natalie was too good at wiggling away.

Besides, I didn't say Askier was my /start/ to RP, but his event is what introduced me to the community. (Way way back when Unnamed Mercenary was a "humble NPC"). I'm still meeting a lot of the community myself. *points to Osric and Askier* "One day..."

...And Kage's gonna kick Franz outta the house now, isn't he?