The Lover's Warden (seeker and keeper event)

Hey guys I have an idea for a RP event and I want some help putting the details and things together!

I had this thought earlier, about what may happen during a solar eclipse and really liked my idea on it because it just works!

Anyway, I think that during a solar eclipse both the Seeker and Keeper tribes would get together for a big party, meal, or otherwise a special social gathering where they forget differences and just be, exist with, and enjoy each others company. 

The moon and the sun are together, why can't they be as well?

I think that this would be a really cool get together for those of any tribe and culture, and can be made into a really really big event since it's not often that this would happen!

Idea's, comments or otherwise are all welcome and appreciated! I want to put this together so that we can make a time and place and also have a general idea of what will happen and plan something out for all of us to enjoy! Also, I'm not sure what the event would be called, as in, what the miqo'te would call this event in which everyone would get together while the sun and moon are together. 

first thing that came to mind for me was "The Lover's Warden" 

Either reply here, or private message me and we can put something together for everyone!

This is what I have for an idea so far! 

I have no set location for this yet, but definitely be outdoors with a good view of the sky and lots of room for how many will be there.

The event will be open to anyone, being miqo'te or not. I think that anyone who isn't in the tribes or race would be invited to come along as a good friend otherwise they'd have no real reason to be there since truly it's a celebration of the sun and moon coming together, and in essence, Azeyma and Menphina coming together as well.

I think that this would be a very rare and special event, were differences are put aside and instead the night is filled with love, celebration and joy for being who they are, Miqo'te.

I thought up some things that could take place for the event, it's a short list but yup.

it'd be like a potluck, where each tribe hunts down their greatest catch and brings a favourite meal to share with everyone else. 

There would be friendly competition, and chances to show off unique talents.

Stories can be told, and special games for children where they can both enjoy themselves and take lessons from those with a new perspective that they wouldn't have gotten before with the separation of said tribes.

This would most likely happen when the eclipse is taking place, and can carry on into twilight and the early night, or straight on through until morning.

And one last thing I thought. 

I think that at the end, everyone would give thanks to both Goddesses for coming together and giving them the opportunity to do so as well, and have a midnight fire to tie the event off.

How's that sound?

That sounds great! You should make a sign up for those who'd like to do the whole, teaching/storytelling things that way people know who to look for when they're there! I'll have to look over my characters and see if I have anyone that could technically teach a trade or perform. xD

Anyway, I think that during a solar eclipse both the Seeker and Keeper tribes would get together for a big party, meal, or otherwise a special social gathering where they forget differences and just be, exist with, and enjoy each others company. 

Before reading any further, please keep in mind that I am 100% behind you creating an event to gather RP'ers together to have fun. As such, do please go ahead with this idea and event! :)

However, I encourage you to consider the flip side to your above comment that I quoted. Either race of the miqo'te hold their respective celestial body in high regard. Imagine, then, if one of said celestial bodies were to move in front of and block the majority of the view of the other celestial body. To me, this would anger the race whose celestial body is being blocked. In this case, with a solar eclipse, it would seem to me that the Seekers would be quite angered, while the Keepers would have fuel to rub in the face of the Seekers.

As a roleplayer of both races(Seeker and Keeper), both of my characters believe that the sun and moon have their own times to grace the skies with their presence. Were one to encroach on the other's time, they would become severely moody... to say the least.

Again, just food for thought. I by no means am trying to say "Don't do this event!" Just another perspective to keep in mind, is all.

Before reading any further, please keep in mind that I am 100% behind you creating an event to gather RP'ers together to have fun. As such, do please go ahead with this idea and event! :)

However, I encourage you to consider the flip side to your above comment that I quoted. Either race of the miqo'te hold their respective celestial body in high regard. Imagine, then, if one of said celestial bodies were to move in front of and block the majority of the view of the other celestial body. To me, this would anger the race whose celestial body is being blocked. In this case, with a solar eclipse, it would seem to me that the Seekers would be quite angered, while the Keepers would have fuel to rub in the face of the Seekers.

As a roleplayer of both races(Seeker and Keeper), both of my characters believe that the sun and moon have their own times to grace the skies with their presence. Were one to encroach on the other's time, they would become severely moody... to say the least.

Again, just food for thought. I by no means am trying to say "Don't do this event!" Just another perspective to keep in mind, is all.

Honest that's the beauty of interpretation : D While thinking on it further I came to the same conclusion, and while the event would be intended for good, it doesn't mean that things won't go as planned. 

While some would see beauty in the appearance of an eclipse, others might be offended or angered by it, it's how it goes in any situations since there are so many different ways to take it. Just because trying to bring people together for an event in good intentions doesn't mean that someone won't start something, or even a whole group!

I think that any way that it went, it would all make great RP and create both friendships and conflict which all help in character development

Thanks for replying! I really appreciate you bringing that up

THIS is a great idea. Not only is my character a Keeper, but she is part of a Moon-keeper-based Free Company called the "Morbolvine Clan." I will try to invite, drag, kidnap and order any members of the company I can to come to this event with me. I would also be -very- willing to help you plan this event if you desire the help.

Also, to touch on what has been said about interpretation, I think the event is still a good idea regardless. A sort of experiment to see if a gathering of Seekers and Keepers would be peaceful, hostile or mixed.

-snip-

-snip-

Honest that's the beauty of interpretation : D While thinking on it further I came to the same conclusion, and while the event would be intended for good, it doesn't mean that things won't go as planned. 

While some would see beauty in the appearance of an eclipse, others might be offended or angered by it, it's how it goes in any situations since there are so many different ways to take it. Just because trying to bring people together for an event in good intentions doesn't mean that someone won't start something, or even a whole group!

I think that any way that it went, it would all make great RP and create both friendships and conflict which all help in character development

Thanks for replying! I really appreciate you bringing that up

THIS is a great idea. Not only is my character a Keeper, but she is part of a Moon-keeper-based Free Company called the "Morbolvine Clan." I will try to invite, drag, kidnap and order any members of the company I can to come to this event with me. I would also be -very- willing to help you plan this event if you desire the help. 

Also, to touch on what has been said about interpretation, I think the event is still a good idea regardless. A sort of experiment to see if a gathering of Seekers and Keepers would be peaceful, hostile or mixed.

This was my thought as well. That no matter the dynamic that shows up, it'll still likely be interesting RP that could very well allow for character development.

I'll state it again, I am 100% behind this event happening. I only wanted to make those involved aware of the other side of the coin, so to speak. To be prepared for  and/or allow those RP'ers out there  that would roleplay a miqo'te that is agitated by this celestial event to also attend your RP event.

Again, please do go ahead with this event. Should my schedule be otherwise clear when this is going on, I may very well attend as one of said miqo'te, in a totally non-crashing manner, of course. :P

A withered, elderly miqo'te lazily lashes his tail as a gaggle of children, the youngest born after the Calamity and the eldest old enough to remember the fall of Ala Mhigo, watch on. All around are a mix of Keepers and Seekers, festivities abound as the old cat plucks a string to get his instrument of choice in tune.

"Isn't it nice to have everyone around, singin' and dancin' and celebratin' like this? Wasn't always like that, you know. Back when our tribes were more, les' say 'territorial,' watchin' the sun block the moon or the moon block the sun was a big deal, bigger 'n we make it now. In those days it was an excuse to go about makin' war, raidin' supplies and general misbehavin'. Downright deplorable of us all.

I know not all'a you kits are one or the other, and I'm sure you've got plenty of disagreements to work out. Your families will, and your whole tribe's got an identity, long long histories carved out and painted in caves in these sands, all over the Sagoli and beyond, in the woods and the mountains and valleys. Lots'a clashin' and fightin' and squabblin' back then over who was favored most. The Lover's gaze was blocked sometimes by the sun, and sometimes she rose triumphant. Back then we'd've looked for any reason to proclaim that we, that our tribe, that our history... That was the best one.

I know you kids don't care much 'bout the history of it, and that's fine! When I was your age I didn't care much either. I just figured ya'd wanna know why this time it's the Seekers hosting our little get together. Nowadays when the Lover slips in front of the sun for a quick hug and a kiss, the Seekers pay their respects by offerin' up their lands and their meals and their songs and games for the Keepers. An' next time, when the Lover is hidden away? Why that'll be time for the Keepers to return the favor. An' on an' on it goes, each of us givin' a little and takin' a little."

His lute properly tuned, the grey cat rises and shoos his audience off to play with each other.

Think I just got an idea for an alt.

Read his dialogue with the narrator from Bastion in mind.

A cultural festival type thing would be cool if there was any significant Keeper lore to include. We'd have to make it up.

I mean, aside from "Highly Matriarchal" we have no idea how Keepers work traditionally without deductive reasoning - and that on its own causes a crap ton of debate or outright argument.

EDIT: Regardless, I'm all for this event idea as long as it's not presented as something that Miqo'te do universally. Maybe it's just one Seeker tribe and one Keeper clan that did it and now you are attempting to spread the tradition.

Oh, this does pipe my interest.  I know with my main character story, she and her brother were planning to look into maybe finding the tribe him and his parents may have been coming from when they were killed and he was adopted by her parents.

Since I also have a copy of John on Balmung, following in his dead hyur sister's footsteps, this event my push him into finally inquiring among the Keeper clan's about his own tribal roots.

John Waterstrike settle onto the dock, rumbling around until he found the bite for his fishing pole.  Flicking the line out, he let his being feel the magic in the area, especially Kisrest's slumbering magic in his book.  He pulled his line in, unhooking the fish, before casting his line back out.  This was the flow of his life with his sister's passing fire years ago but as his dad would say, time moves on and they had to move forward with it.

His peace was broken but the giggles off to the side, John frowning as he heard the word Seeker, and flick his ear toward the sound.

I hear that the eclipse is going to happen soon.  The seeker are holding the gathering this time.  Wonder if it will be a fun event or if fighting will break out.

You know that doesn't happen as much as it did.  I never really understood the fighting myself.

That's because you grew up in the city.  Still, this is one of the first since the calamity so this should be fun either way.

John listen to the two chatting, switching to a different topic, and walking away from his area of the dock.  A gathering like this would give him a chance to ask question about his birth parents.  That was something he always wanted to know, his parents life and where he came from before the Waterstrike found him.  He nods to himself and make a decision.  He would attend the event and see what he could find.

First off thank you for all the replies : D it's good to see so many backing this up, and here is my thoughts on what you have all said, suggested and otherwise:

I think that this would be a new development, like a recent event where a tribe or two thought 'hey why not do this and expand good vibes and horizons' and they put together something they thought would work for everyone.

Intentions being fair and positive does not mean that everyone will be fair and positive. The event itself is just the building blocks, a prompt for the RP within so however it goes is a successful event in my books!

As for Keepers having something to rub in the Seekers face, it's true! "oh look, the sun looks like a moon now, see that? Lol the sun sux we rule Seekers drool."

I think the conflict will be interesting indeed, and I'm sure that those who came with the intention of having a good time and trying to get to know their fellow miqo'te would would create something interesting as well, be it trying to moderate, standing up for others despite the tensions and such.

Those outside of Miqo'te tribes whom want to learn of the different cultures, have friends within the tribes or who worship the Goddesses as well would definitely be welcomed!

Long short:

The event itself is the foundation, I am in no way trying to say 'this is how it has to go otherwise it's not the event I planned' because that is NO fun at all for anyone. 

The only rule here is come if you please, and allow characters to be themselves, react, and interact with those around them to create the event! It all comes down to us and our characters, not the event itself : D 

One more thing: since I think that possibly one or two tribes would have organized the event for all, they might play more of the moderator role within said event if things got hostile, this is totally okay! Doesn't have to be one sole tribe, it could be multiple individuals from everywhere who brought everyone together.

Your positions and characters outlooks on said event is totally up to you, anything and all is welcomed and i feel that no matter how the night turns out, negative or positive for the characters, it will have been a successful RP event!

*Tries to hide from Kiht and fails*

I'm not pretty sure I know who I'll be bringing to this event! And honestly if some friendly competition gets less than friendly it happens! It just makes it all the more fun that it can go literally any direction or even both at once! I hadn't thought about the other side until it was brought up so that's some good food for thought!

(I can't work this site for the life of me my gosh)

Anyway, I'm going to put the fine details together such as time, date and the like! I'll also many a sign up for certain parts of it such as those who had ICly planned the event! There doesn't need to be a head count on who is going or not, but once the time and date is figured out I wouldn't mind getting feedback on who can go, who can't and if other times may be better!

I think that most of the celebration will come from the individuals that attend to avoid too many conflicts over traditions(oocly established, such as in the Keeper's tribes because there is SO LITTLE LORE ON THEM) since there is that room for interpritation, and i think it needs to be said everyone has a different view on it, and we can work around that simply by saying that there are so many tribes, subtribes or just different individuals and changing times that there isn't a set 'everyone is like this' way, but an 'my family/tribe' is mostly, vaguely this way, ya dig?

But yeah, I'll make a more official event thread for this, private message me if you would like to take one of the positions of 'organiser' and we can get the ball rolling!

Feel free to continue to post here if you have any suggestions for little events that can be available during the main event to take part in! 

At the end those who wish, I would be really happy to get together and take a screenshot of the group who came out of everyone's characters together because that is usually a fun way to wrap things up (no one is obligated but we can do the thing if you want)

Anyway yes, thanks so much for every reply and i look forward to pulling this off with not only you all, but anyone else in game who shows their interest! I can't wait to see how it plays out!