Halp - More Lore Questions: Primals and Summoners

Tiergan

(::turns on the Souncyy Signal:: )

Alrighty, so when it comes to Primals, we know they've been around for a while, but they've only recently been able to be summoned around 10-20 years ago or so when the aetherial barrier over Silvertear Lake got fubar'd during the battle between Midgarsormr and the Agrias.

HOWEVER - the art of summoning is apparently pretty dang old, and you can only get an egi after experiencing/witnessing the defeat of a primal. Does that mean primals were wandering about at some point long prior to the Battle of Silvertear Skies? Who erected that barrier over Silvertear in the first place?

Making it up as I go along and try to remember things:

I didn't think it was so much that there was a "barrier" as it was just the impact of both Midgardsormir AND the capital ship crashing into Silvertear caused a huge explosion of aether to be released back into the world.

It's my understanding the primals existed in past eras, when the world was "newer" and aether was less "condensed" as it is now, or at least less fluxy.

I wish I could source ANY of this, but... That's how I remember it going. Summoning as an art was only recently discovered again, but the beast tribes had to know about their primals somehow.

According to lore there was a seal in the lake that was broken when the dragon and the warship plummeted into it - there's just no word of who made the seal and why. :V

Where's Sounsyy when we need her?!

[19:18][2] night all! thanks for the event otto! ^^ if you need any more help anelia feel free to pm me on the rpc. annnnnnnnnnnnnd if tiergan's still here im working on that primal post <_>

[19:20][2] /cry franz nooooo lmao im gonna have to start making a list of sounsyy signal requests to get to like tiergan has commission requests =o

[19:18][2] night all! thanks for the event otto! ^^ if you need any more help anelia feel free to pm me on the rpc. annnnnnnnnnnnnd if tiergan's still here im working on that primal post <_<

[19:20][2] /cry franz nooooo lmao im gonna have to start making a list of sounsyy signal requests to get to like tiergan has commission requests =o

You're amazing.

:love:

[19:18][2] night all! thanks for the event otto! ^^ if you need any more help anelia feel free to pm me on the rpc. annnnnnnnnnnnnd if tiergan's still here im working on that primal post <_>

You're amazing.

:love:

I logged in for a few minutes and saw that. Thought I'd share :)

Also, Sounsyy commissions on lore.