Roll Eorzea

Verad

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You are welcome to continue to join events, though event DMs are given discretionary power over whether or not to include people. This is no different from what they would be able to do in any case.

You are welcome to continue to join events, though event DMs are given discretionary power over whether or not to include people. This is no different from what they would be able to do in any case.

Ok Thanks! 

I'm taking this as tentatively allowing me to be in events of yours. On other news, I am hopefully restarting my 'Dead God's Chest' campaign in the new year, so those of you who put up with it can look forward to more Air Pirates and such.

Been meaning to try my hand at making a sheet for Chachan for possibly joining in on these events, if folks are willing to have him along. I followed the information in the links, and managed to come up with this. I'm... not sure if I did okay or not - mostly on the stunts - so any suggestions or feedback would be great. :blush:

Been meaning to try my hand at making a sheet for Chachan for possibly joining in on these events, if folks are willing to have him along. I followed the information in the links, and managed to come up with this. I'm... not sure if I did okay or not - mostly on the stunts - so any suggestions or feedback would be great. :blush:

Looks pretty good! The game needs more crafters and such. One thing is you might want to clarify things like ' suffering high Physical Stress' because that might mean different things to different people.

Maybe say 2 or more, for example.

Looks pretty good! The game needs more crafters and such. One thing is you might want to clarify things like ' suffering high Physical Stress' because that might mean different things to different people.

Maybe say 2 or more, for example.

Ah! Yeah, I wasn't sure what to put there since people could have just two tick boxes while others can have upwards of four. The idea is that he can basically take a hit for someone who is "near death," which as you said is different depending on who we're talking about. I figured "suffering high Physical Stress" would cover that, but I'm definitely up for using more clear definitions for it.

It's actually the one I'm most worried about, and want to make sure it fits in line with the Stunt rules. I even added the "once per scene" bit because I was worried that him basically being able to leap in front of any "low-health" ally would be a little over the top. :blush:

You could probably change it to "suffering a moderate or severe consequence" as those are the ones that are closer to actually killing someone. Stress boxes are basically "scratch damage" and even a stress box 4 filled in just means that character can take more scratch damage before being seriously hurt with a consequence.

• 2 months later...

1. We are still around.

2. There has been a revision of the Fate-14 rules. Most of this isn't drastic; it's a condensing of the three documents used so far into one, a clarification of rules or explanation of options that should be available to players, and a tweaking of Job and class abilities.

A link to the new document can be found here:

Fate-14 Complete

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who's a long-time tabletop roleplayer, I would absolutely love to check out the LS! I've learned a bit about the system through conversations with others who participate, and it's the sort of thing that seems right up my alley, if you're still taking members.

• 2 weeks later...

Following the end of the most recent big storyline in Roll Eorzea, I have stepped down as Linkshell Master. Current staff members are as follows:

Master - Spahro Llorn

Leaders - Anstarra Silverain, Nihka Mioni

Any of them can be contacted for invites, questions about the linkshell, and rules questions.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there!

I recently brought the Fate 14 system into my FC to run a brief story arc, and a bunch of us had a blast with it. Since I hope to continue using it for minor (maybe major!) campaigns, I'd love to be a part of the LS, if you still have room for new members :)

It's been many years since I've participated in any tabletop RP, let alone run any, so I'm all kinds of rusty, and pretty eager to engage with the community! :chocobo:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If your character is of a piratical or otherwise naval nature, we now have a set of rules to place you in command of a ship and do all the sorts of things we can't normally do in an MMO on account of being landlocked:

Fate-14 Ship Rules

These rules are currently in use in the storyline "Dead God's Chest," and will be a crucial component of upcoming plots as well.

• 1 month later...

Our monthly update includes two major changes:

1. Leadership of the LS has passed to Nihka Mioni. She will handle invites and moderation for the shell.

2. Because I cannot leave well enough alone, included is a substantial revision of the rules originally written for Fate-14, included below:

Fate-14 2.0

If you've been in an event, the core of the system is still the same. The goal has been to clean up what hasn't worked and simplify some of the basic systems. A list of the major changes can be found in the introduction.

Note that if you preferred the old version of the rules, those are still available via the links in this thread.