Dragon Age: Inquisition

Kage

Heyoooo

so I bought this game without having placed the first or Origins. It's being delivered today. I had read that there's some kind of primer thing to get newcomers caught up that seemed to imply it was a sort of tutorial. Can't seem to find it. Kotaku seems to be lying to me. Halp?

Also, who else is playing?

I know there's male on male romancing going on.

Can Kage finally romance girls like she can't irl? u.u;

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video is the first thing I listened to this morning as I got out of bed and went to the toilet 2 minutes after waking up (I had to find my clothes in the dark ok. I'm too lazy to figure out what bulb is in the closet light and I'm too short to twist the cover off).

I think one of the girls wanted to join in.

Hue.

KAGE WANTS TO BE A FEMALE PC AND ROMANCE A FEMALE CHARACTER CAUSE IRL ROMANCE IS HARD. A GIRL CAN ONLY BRIBE A GIRL WITH KITTY AND SOON TOFU SO MUCH. I CAN'T STYLE HER HAIR OR EVEN MAKE HER BOOZE

WHY DO THE WOMEN SEEM NOT AS AESTHETICALLY PLEASING @_@

KAGE WANTS TO BE A FEMALE PC AND ROMANCE A FEMALE CHARACTER CAUSE IRL ROMANCE IS HARD. A GIRL CAN ONLY BRIBE A GIRL WITH KITTY AND SOON TOFU SO MUCH. I CAN'T STYLE HER HAIR OR EVEN MAKE HER BOOZE

Just wait a little bit for mods to come out, and maybe the devs will be kind and release a toolset.

Then you can make them look like whateeeeeeever you want.

>>

<<

>: )

Just wait a little bit for mods to come out, and maybe the devs will be kind and release a toolset.

Then you can make them look like whateeeeeeever you want.

>>

<<

>: )

Oh, I know what I'll mod my romance option into then.

jPDnaL8.jpg

Mmmm-mmm-mmm...

I've heard that they/ EA aren't particularly happy with mods like people would with Skyrim though T_T

I didn't play 2, so I'm not sure what happened with that game (though I do know the modding community seemed just as robust as Origins) -- but with Origins they released a dev toolset that you could use to muck about with all sorts of fun things. Some people even made cutscenes, and one woman made a whole new companion that was voiced and everything. Was pretty freaking spiffy.

Oh, I know what I'll mod my romance option into then.

jPDnaL8.jpg

Mmmm-mmm-mmm...

GET SOME.

I'm loving DA:I so so much but omg... I started it going "Meh, I'm not really interested in Cullen. He seems nice but I'm probably going to romance someone else."

Nope... I'm complete trash. He's amazing. (So is Dorian but I'm playing through as a lady elf right now so that's unfortunately a no go)

NO. NO

You get SERA OKAY. SERA IS THE BEST GOD DAMN CHARACTER IN THIS GAME AND SHE ALMOST MADE ME GO LESBIAN BECAUSE SHE IS THAT GOD DAMN AWESOME.

I'm probably romancing Cullen. He did the cutest thing ever when I asked if he had taken a vow of Chastity. Blackwall is growing on me though.

I think for girls you get Sera (Who is female only, sorry boys) and Josephine. I really really like both of those characters honestly. Sera is this goofy, kind of off-the-wall elf with a pixy haircut and Josephine is a badass ambassador who takes no shit from anyone. You can't go wrong with EITHER choice.

I think Josephine is really beautiful too.

tumblr_ndec28MzvU1rvez92o2_500.png

(<3 Sera so much omg)

Dorian is amazing but Male only (*cry*). Cullen is Alestiar light, but Alestiar is my husbando so it's totaly cool (God I love Alestair). Blackwall is pretty funny but was boring at the start. Solus is interesting but only goes for Elves (racist!), I'm not the biggest fan of Iron Bull yet but his intro was awesome.

Oh... I CAN ROMANCE HER? Choices! I can't wait to spend time uninstalling stupid crap off my computer so I can now play more things.

Does DA:I require an internet connection for PC version? I didn't pay attention.

I mean, it's not necessary to be offline but it's nice to have an offline game to mess around with when FFXIV gets DDOS'd. >.>

Very interesting that some romance options are race/gender specific. To me anyway. As I said, I have a very very passing familiarity of DA so I remember there were restrictions but to me it's interesting. Some people seem to naturally have a predisposition for ethnic backgrounds or races. Others are restricted in their sexual orientation etc.

Yup! They made sure everyone got a choice.

Sera - Female only, any race

Josephine - Anyone

Iron Bull - Anyone

Cassandra - Male only, Any race

Dorien - Male only, any race

Cullen - Female Only, Human/Elf only

Solas - Female only, Elf only

Blackwall - Female only, Any race

If you're bisexual, female and an elf, you have the most options, but they gave everyone a few options there.

I was going to romance Dorien... but uh... that didn't go as planned *Cries*

Is Cassandra the other female from the Iron Bull video with the reallllly short cropped hair? I think I saw her name mentioned somewhere.

I'm finally able to play a game like this when it's "new" so I'm excited ><

I think. INB4 I try to romance Sera and she haets me instead.

I do like how they were pretty inclusive :3

Yup! Cassandra is a really nice motherly type who is the biggest combat badass.

(Funnily enough, even if she doesn't go for it if you're a girl, you can still flirt with her. And it's hilarious)

God, all the women in this game are really really well done.

Fun fact about Cassie: She is in DA2 pretty much throughout the game, as the person questioning Varric while he tells the story of the video game your playing. It's really fun seeing her as a companion this go-round.

Sera is afraid of magic. Play off that, you'll be fine. She's so funny and weird. I keep her in my party at all times to listen to her talk to the other two. Her conversations are always hilarious.

Also lets all talk about what a god damn shame it is that Varric is not romanceable.

I shall romance (andkageflirt) with all the women.

In one playthrough or more.

All the women. *nod*

I was planning on... One thing I read is that you could be a mage and eventually a mage that uses a sword. That sounds bad ass. But if Sera is afraid of magic ; ;

SO I started playing the game. Really just getting my bearings, going through everything casually.

Sword and shield human female noble.

Since I decided to romance Sera I've looked at a small variety of the "choices" that will make sure I don't piss her off.

Almost all of them are the opposite of what I'd want. I think after this playthrough I'm gonna just try to do whatever I feel like.

First, to grab that horsemaster.

I wouldn't worry about it TOO much. The option to Romance Sera was still there even when .

I got around to romancing Cullen and we didn't agree on a number of things. I believe you can convince Sera to see your point of view, which is currently whats going on with me and if you do her quests and talk to her in between missions for approval you'll be all set. Plus there are a number of side quests where she also gains approval (Just help poor people, she likes that)

When I got to she was still romanceable to me despite doing something she absolutely didn't really agree with. You'll be okay.

All the characters are so well written...

I created a lady elf first, and was THIIIIIIS close to re-rolling as a Dwarf, since I'd only played humans and elves in Origins before, and DA2 obviously is human-only for the Main character...

But then I heard Solas speak, and had to suppress squeals. I don't even LIKE bald men, but DAMN. That little adorable HINT of an accent, the smoothness of his speech, the wonderful, idealistic young guy tempered by an adult's trials...

I actually had to fan myself for a moment the last time we talked. <3

EDIT: Dorian is amazing, I'll eventually get around to making a dude person to romance him, but first I need to counter this goody-two-shoes I AM AN HERO elf girl with my gives-no-fucks Qunari mage, who will get in ALL the pants. All of them. Every last one. Even Dorian's, if only to rifle through his pockets.