So this is a thing now?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a such a boring thing to get grumpy about I can't even think of a snarky comment.

Since this is something related to houses, just make a reference to something involving houses and popular culture. I'm quite partial to...

th?id=HN.608023659899191959&pid=15.1&P=0

To be honest it's like a pointless reply to a pointless thread if we want to take that route of "hey let's be charitable"

Threads don't need to be made about being more charitable, as this thread implies. Doing so just screams "Rawr! Everyone should be charitable! Something is wrong! Stop doing this!"

The practice, given the circumstances, is not wrong or right. Calling it out and saying "hey those trolling bastards would love this behavior! are we really going to accept this?!"

I have never seen people in the forums take take take take take. I have seen everyone offer and give freely. When a thread pops up going "hey, why aren't you being charitable! this seems uncharitable! not community!!" as the tone has been like here, it's like a slap in the face.

It's like telling every single person who gives something, "You're still doing something bad/wrong/not enough." Why aren't you giving everyone an i110 gear set! Give everyone the gil to purchase a house/personal room! Why don't you run 24/7 people through xyz content!?

I'm actually looking to upgrade my personal house to a medium, which I'm currently saving for. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell or just give up my old house though. It's not like anyone could have really rped in it before, it's Armi's personal home... and it's in an ideal spot for ARMI but I'm not sure anyone else would like it's location xD

And I agree with Kage. This community, despite it's in-fighting (Which is normal for any community) is probably one of the most generous and mature RP communities I've had the pleasure of being a part of.

I'm actually looking to upgrade my personal house to a medium, which I'm currently saving for. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell or just give up my old house though. It's not like anyone could have really rped in it before, it's Armi's personal home... and it's in an ideal spot for ARMI but I'm not sure anyone else would like it's location xD

And I agree with Kage. This community, despite it's in-fighting (Which is normal for any community) is probably one of the most generous and mature RP communities I've had the pleasure of being a part of.

Agreed. I feel like we shouldn't focus on the one or two edge cases where someone isn't being as generous as possible. In Merri's thread there are far more people looking to give things away rather than take them.

It's just houses work by a strange and confusing system, and everything about them seems to cause rancor.

It's just houses work by a strange and confusing system, and everything about them seems to cause rancor.

Best phrase ever. I'm just imagining this Mansion plot with a tonberry knife and the rancor stacks just keep going bigger and bigger.

I think I'm still hard pressed to see if anyone wants to actually contact me about anything I've offered. @_@;

To be honest it's like a pointless reply to a pointless thread if we want to take that route of "hey let's be charitable"

Threads don't need to be made about being more charitable, as this thread implies. Doing so just screams "Rawr! Everyone should be charitable! Something is wrong! Stop doing this!"

The practice, given the circumstances, is not wrong or right. Calling it out and saying "hey those trolling bastards would love this behavior! are we really going to accept this?!"

I have never seen people in the forums take take take take take. I have seen everyone offer and give freely. When a thread pops up going "hey, why aren't you being charitable! this seems uncharitable! not community!!" as the tone has been like here, it's like a slap in the face.

It's like telling every single person who gives something, "You're still doing something bad/wrong/not enough." Why aren't you giving everyone an i110 gear set! Give everyone the gil to purchase a house/personal room! Why don't you run 24/7 people through xyz content!?

This is exactly the problem of that thread.. If the first message had been something like "I would like to thank Tea? for having being generous" we would all have praised the action. But unfortunatly, it was more "Tea? was generous, why not the whole RPC community" which feels like pointing fingers toward those not acting like Tea?

My apologies for causing rancor. I have learned my lesson. Please go back to your regular discussions.

Wish, could you lock this thread, please.

It's more that I think that the topic itself is problematic (I mean the housing in general, not your message on the board). I trully understand your concern and the positive motive behind your words. Fact is : Every topic you can see on this board or the official board around housing tend to turn bad because of the system. Housing is "hurting" far too many people for many reasons (prices, lack of plots, trolls, market etc.).

We can't change the way the game is made, we can only adapt to it and accept not everybody will act as we will do ourselves.

I am honestly surprised at the rush to shut down an entirely reasonable and civil discussion.  Like or dislike it (I really don't care either way, personally) you should discuss the merits of your opinion, rather than telling someone that he shouldn't have one (or shouldn't express it).

I am honestly surprised at the rush to shut down an entirely reasonable and civil discussion.  Like or dislike it (I really don't care either way, personally) you should discuss the merits of your opinion, rather than telling someone that he shouldn't have one (or shouldn't express it).

I don't think I've seen anyone tell C'kayah or anyone else in the thread they could or couldn't have their opinion in this. Most have said outright they understand where he's coming from while also adding their own opinions and two cents on the matter and the stance being presented. It just all boils down to economics it seems.

From what I gathered catching up with the reading, just seems like (sadly) this is one of those commodities not many can afford or want to be charitable with. Not when those few extra million gil can help make or break an FC or personal move or one's bank. And if people continue to be willing to pay for plot relinquishment rather then be patient and wait until the next house patch, it'll continue to happen.

And for now, C'kayah wishes it to be shut down so I'm bowing out :) See the rest of you around on the forums!