EU Company ?

Aelwyna

Hello !!

As I'm from France, I'm looking for a European RP Company, but didn't have much luck finding one until now  :cry:

I found some cool RP Companies that are mostly on NA timzeones, or some cool EU Companies but that are not so much interested in RP ...

I'm currently on the Cerberus server cos I couldn't create a new character on Balmung, but I don't mind transferring if someone can point me to a nice & friendly EU RP Company !

Any ideas ?  :roll:

First of I would like to give you a big fat welcome and hello to the RP community! ^.^

I am an EU player myself (UK) So I understand your search for EU free companies, but fear not, you're not alone! :D

If you do decide to move to Balmung or manage to beat the character creation lockdown then feel free to give me a message and I'll be more than happy to help get you settled into your new home ^.^

Is there anything you can tell me about your character, like personality or profession? Some FC's are quite specific with their story :3

Ah excellent !!

So you would advise me to transfer to Balmung and look for some EU RP here, rather than stay on Cerberus and look for RP there ??

If I can transfer before Thursday and have access to Housing, I'll definitively check the "Themed Bar Nights" :thumbsup:

And to answer some of your questions, I've posted an introduction post here that you can check if you want, as for my character I'm a Miqo'te, Conjurer lv.6 right now, and my goal is to become a Paladin ! I would qualify my Alignment as "Chaotic Good", Aelwyna is always shy at first, she can be a stubborn annoying brat once you get to know her more, but her heart is always in the good place :angel:

I must confess that I feel a bit overwhelmed by the game and the lore, but I like this feeling, it seems I just discovered a new awesome world and I have a lot to learn about a lot of things !

So I hope you'll bear with me while I still learn how to play the game and how to learn about the lore :blush:

EU timings can be hard with events and such, especially if you work a nine-to-five job, but I'm sure you'll find lots of people from around the GMT area willing to RP or just help you out in the game (myself included!)

I'd say it's definitely worth the transfer if you have the coin or time to make it happen. But to be on the safe-side it might help to keep your original character and make a new one (unless you really wish to transfer levels or items). 

Don't be afraid to find any of us here in the game or send tells!

While an admittedly smaller crowd than the US RPers, there's a decent size EU RP community. There's more on in the evenings, but in the mornings you'll also get some overlap with the oceanic community in my experience.

And well... I don't actually know if there is much of a RP community on Cerberus at all, I've never heard of any particularly large ones outside of Balmung and Gilgamesh. That said, I mainly only frequent on here so I could easily be wrong on that.

Alright that settles it then, I'll transfer to Balmung as soon as I can and start looking for you guys :P

I can play during the day right now cos I'm on holidays, but usually I can only play during evenings & week-ends as I do have a job (that I love by the way, I'm a Student Counselor in a High School !)

I'll let you know as soon as I have tranferred over, see you all very soon !

Awww your character sounds wonderful Miss Aelwyna, and when you transfer to Balmung I will definitely seek you out for some RP! ^.^

Lili is similar to you in the fact that her heart is in a good place, although Lili has trouble showing it due to her stealing from people. 

But I look forward to meeting your character, and if you ever want to live the crooked life, you know who to call!

#GimmeYourShinyThings

#LalaPower

Alright, I offered myself a Christmas Eve present and transferred to Balmung :D

So I'm now ready to join you, would you say that The Kindred is the best choice for a EU RP Company ?

I guess I would need an invitation or something, but I have no idea if I need to be online for that or not ?

Anyway, now I'll see you guys ingame soon :thumbsup:

Well this is rude :P

TzqlreL.jpg

I was trying to message some of you nice people, and add you to my friends list, but I couldn't do it for some reason ... do we have to be online at the same time for this to work (that would be weird) ?

Or is my level not high enough to use the Friends fetaure maybe ?

Well this is rude  :P

TzqlreL.jpg

I was trying to message some of you nice people, and add you to my friends list, but I couldn't do it for some reason ... do we have to be online at the same time for this to work (that would be weird) ?

Or is my level not high enough to use the Friends fetaure maybe ?

Yeah people have to be online at the same time for you to add them to friends, and to whisper them. As for KinRP, you need to submit an app at www.theclandestine.enjin.com - we usually reply within a few days. Since I am the GM I wont comment on if it's the best thing out there, as that's a bit biased ;) What I know is that the other companies with EU-friendliness or EU-focus are very nice and good companies too :)

You may have been trying to send mail to people, instead of a message, which generally means a /tell to most people!

If it works with your setup, open player search (press o and look for the tab) and search our names, or use /tell [person's name] to chat. If it doesn't go through, it means we're not online, sadly!

Hope this resolves your issue!

Ah ok, I see, thanks !

I'll try again next time I'm online, but right now with Christmas, family being home and everything, my playing schedule is a bit random :roll:

As for looking for a RP Company, I actually got the feeling that The Kindred was the only EU Company, all the others were kind of EU-friendly, or EU & NA, but The Kindred seemed to be the only "real" EU one, am I mistaken ?

Ah ok, I see, thanks !

I'll try again next time I'm online, but right now with Christmas, family being home and everything, my playing schedule is a bit random  :roll:

As for looking for a RP Company, I actually got the feeling that The Kindred was the only EU Company, all the others were kind of EU-friendly, or EU & NA, but The Kindred seemed to be the only "real" EU one, am I mistaken ?

I can't speak for the others in this, but in Kindred we predominantly have our events in the EU primetime - sometimes in the afternoons as well. But we do also have a lot of US players with us, so in terms of spontaneous and casual RP that's more around the clock really :) I find it all to be in a good balance as it is right now.

I can't speak for the others in this, but in Kindred we predominantly have our events in the EU primetime - sometimes in the afternoons as well. But we do also have a lot of US players with us, so in terms of spontaneous and casual RP that's more around the clock really :) I find it all to be in a good balance as it is right now.

Ok application submitted :D

Alright, so it seems my application was rejected because you are a "heavy roleplay guild, which is more immersive, more lore-abiding than medium or light RP", and you "do not take the gameplay-classes our characters have IC" ...

That's too bad cos Sastra you seemed like a really nice person, but if this description is accurate then yes we definitively have two different definitions of "fun" :P

No hard feelings of course, I've already found another Company which is more in line with my definition of nice & friendly people, so I guess I'll see you ingame some time :roll:

I probably shouldn't reply to this but: KinRP is an FC that has a theme, a style and an intensity level that is clearly explained on both our RPC FC topic and our website. Just because we are an EU company does not mean we will take in absolutely everyone - We still require that people's characters fit into the concept, and we require that people play on the same intensity as us. We have these requirements because accepting people who do not agree with the very foundation of the FC would never have a good experience with us due to clashes in style, interests and desires. I do not want to waste someones time by accepting someone who so elaborately stated that they're not digging the aspect of RP we're digging. In my opinion, it falls upon the shoulders of an applicant to make sure they are applying for a guild that has the qualities they want to see - If an applicant does not do that, they should accept that they may get rejected, especially with FC's that has a screening process. 

I should also note that whilst I generally try to be nice, and answer peoples questions with the information I know, such should not be confused with being set up for an auto-invite. It seems you may have misunderstood me somewhere along the line.

Not really, I think it's you who didn't understand me, it's not about the fact that I can't join your Company, and again seeing how everything went it's clear that I wouldn't have had any fun in it, and the only purpose of a game is to have fun so I'm glad it worked out this way before we all wasted our time with each other...

The thing is, I clearly stated in my application, just like I did here on these boards, that I'm new to this game and I don't have any precise idea about what I'm gonna do with my character, how I'm gonna RP and everything, and I'm just willing to learn ... and just saying to someone "you don't know yet how you're gonna play your character but we know we won't like it", well ... let's just put it this way : I run the largest RP Guild on the TERA EU servers, with about 230 members, and I know I would never have gotten to the point where we are now if I would react this way with new people wanting to join.

But you're probably gonna say that you rather have a "tight-knit" community of a few people who all think exactly alike, so we probably just have different views on different things, so no hard feelings, it's a lot better this way :)

Not really, I think it's you who didn't understand me, it's not about the fact that I can't join your Company, and again seeing how everything went it's clear that I wouldn't have had any fun in it, and the only purpose of a game is to have fun so I'm glad it worked out this way before we all wasted our time with each other...

The thing is, I clearly stated in my application, just like I did here on these boards, that I'm new to this game and I don't have any precise idea about what I'm gonna do with my character, how I'm gonna RP and everything, and I'm just willing to learn ... and just saying to someone "you don't know yet how you're gonna play your character but we know we won't like it", well ... let's just put it this way : I run the largest RP Guild on the TERA EU servers, with about 230 members, and I know I would never have gotten to the point where we are now if I would react this way with new people wanting to join.

But you're probably gonna say that you rather have a "tight-knit" community of a few people who all think exactly alike, so we probably just have different views on different things, so no hard feelings, it's a lot better this way  :)

You're automatically assuming that we give all new players the same treatment - We do not, but we do have a limit on how many we take in at any given time, because new players often can benefit from having a sort of mentor, and to some extend they will need more help than others for a while - Recently we've taken in several, and we're at our limits with how much dedicated help we can give additional people. That might go away in a few weeks, as people learn, and usually we're not unable to take new players in. I'm sure that you can agree a guild should never promise more than they can keep. 

I would appreciate if you didn't call us out this way, honestly. You already started this debate on the application on our site (I wasn't home when you commented, mind.), there's no need whatsoever to take it to a public forum, it serves no constructive purpose.

You already started this debate on the application on our site (I wasn't home when you commented, mind.), there's no need whatsoever to take it to a public forum, it serves no constructive purpose.

Don't you just love this condescending tone, like you were talking to some poor clueless kid :P

I didn't start any debate, I just asked, in my rejected application on your site, for more details than just the standard answer that must have taken this guy about 15 seconds to copy/paste, where I took the time to fill out a full and complete application ... was it too much to ask ??

Are we just supposed to say "oh damn this absolutely awesome Company doesn't want me, I must be really bad, let's just go hide inside in a deep hole or something, and especially, let's not dare ask them anything anymore, their Holiness has already denied my application so that must mean I'm not worthy of their precious time" ...

Again, it's not only what you do, it's also how you do it ...

And, unlike you, I think this serves a very constructive purpose, if I had seen a "debate" like this before here on these public forums, I would never have applied to your Company in the first place and it would have saved the both of us a lot of time, so maybe it will serve someone else now :angel:

Thank you for not telling me what to do with my own thread :P

Besides, the fact that this was public already got me a few support messages and other nice things like that, it seems I'm not the only one to think that way, maybe I'm one of the first to state it publicly so that's a good thing :roll:

Thank you for not telling me what to do with my own thread  :P

Besides, the fact that this was public already got me a few support messages and other nice things like that, it seems I'm not the only one to think that way, maybe I'm one of the first to state it publicly so that's a good thing  :roll:

I think what he's trying to say is that turning this thread from a search for a Free Company that suits your hours into a call-out thread is disrespectful and inappropriate not only to the person you're calling out but also the people viewing the thread and offering help.

Thank you for not telling me what to do with my own thread  :P

Besides, the fact that this was public already got me a few support messages and other nice things like that, it seems I'm not the only one to think that way, maybe I'm one of the first to state it publicly so that's a good thing  :roll:

I think what he's trying to say is that turning this thread from a search for a Free Company that suits your hours into a call-out thread is disrespectful and inappropriate not only to the person you're calling out but also the people viewing the thread and offering help.

This, yes.