The "Awesome RP-Related Things" Thread

Tiergan

There was an awesome bit of random pick-up RP that happened in Mor Dhona a few weeks ago involving Steel, Tiergan, Bryn, and several others who just...sort of appeared (most of whom were there to talk to Bryn). I managed to snag a new name or two for my friend list from the encounter and I completely forgot what the hell it was I was doing, it was that lovely.

It was great fun having myself and the other RoeLady new friend tease Bryn-chan. I highly enjoyed it, and kinda want moar.

Gosh.. well.. so much.. meeting people you just start to RP with like putting on an old favourite pair of boots!

Here are a few I have had the fortune to meet recently, and the truly awesome part is they are not one offs. What I should say to people is that this has happened in the past few weeks, RP is very much alive and out there.. just go look!

• First Liliro Liro who pulled me back from quitting FFXIV and introduced me to the fun of the Lala, and the joy of two dodgy Lala running scams on folks. And later when I was the main victim in a house burglary. Just go RP with Liliro, but keep an eye on your purse. And even though Zymzymzu (my Lala) is waiting for an alt slot, people still call me Zymzym and I get that happy feeling. It's all Liliro's fault ♥

• Second Unsung Heroes, I joind this FC looking to just chill and get a bit of RP.  Oh boy! I have been beaten up sparing, I have been threatened at knife point, I have been healed and cared for and each one of them has such great characters that they stick to, the whole experience is wonderful. I also found someone my character can talk to and maybe help (Kyra Tsukino). 

• Next Alothia Starkwood, someone I knew in passing from another game but boy I am kicking myself for having missed them. It started with an over the top compliment at a tavern, and now is quite lovely and funny RP when we happen to bump into each other. The last one was a very heartfelt RP on the Saucer where the Charmer opened up to tell his painful past.

• I will end with Renna Xai, another RPer I had missed, but once it started the whole RP just flowed naturally. While the in game RP is great and funny, the awesome part is that they opened up the joys of just RP through writing for me again. Just to RP with someone who seems to be on the exact same wavelength is freaky, in a good way.

I don't have cakes and hugs enough.. RP is very much alive on Balmung.

There was an awesome bit of random pick-up RP that happened in Mor Dhona a few weeks ago involving Steel, Tiergan, Bryn, and several others who just...sort of appeared (most of whom were there to talk to Bryn). I managed to snag a new name or two for my friend list from the encounter and I completely forgot what the hell it was I was doing, it was that lovely.

It was great fun having myself and the other RoeLady new friend tease Bryn-chan. I highly enjoyed it, and kinda want moar.

Tiergan might have enjoyed watching two Roe-ladies teasing Bryn just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too much. :V Mwahah~!

Claire is a little..... strange. She was in the middle of signing up for a manufacturing company, when she witnessed a business deal in the flesh. Not only was she having a 'notice me senpai' moment over the company woman overseeing the transaction, but she then began narrating the negotiations, like a play by play commentary.

At one point, one of the customers looked over to her, and muttered; "Is that woman narrating our transaction? Do they actually hire narrators to stand around and talk about what is happening?"

I was laughing so hard oocly, and its just one of those great moments in rp where the characters take over completely, and you the player just sit back and watch.

There are a lot of great things that have made me extremely happy to come back to FFXIV and Balmung in general. Here's my list:

• Everyone in Jutat De: Alright, we may be a small little FC that no one knows of or has heard of, but every last one of the members is fantastically nice and giving. Even if we're not RPing, we're running content with each other, chit chatting in the FC channel, or just being stupid. If I ever had a home in this game, it is there, with those people. Lily, Tayn, Lyse, K'ajia, Khale, Arsh, Pait, Inessa...great people.
  • RP Partners who understand: I've come out of a couple of RP situations that weren't so great. But a random encounter in the Quicksand has lead me to meet a bunch of great people, my current RP partner included. It's great to be able to feel like it's story time for both of us, like I'm not fighting for time to work on my plot. And I'm grateful for the time that I get to spend just talking about random stuff too. Thanks a bundle!
  • Making new friends: Random RP has also lead me to meet and reconnect with some great people. Clio, Kurt, U'anzu, Makyn, Ox...I wouldn't have met any of them without the warm environment that the RPC provides.
  • This community: While we all have our moments here on the RPC, I have to say, being able to discuss (most) issues with you guys is quite refreshing. Coming from a couple other communities that are filled with toxicity, this place is a breath of fresh air. Thanks, everyone, from the bottom of my little moderator heart. ♥

There was an awesome bit of random pick-up RP that happened in Mor Dhona a few weeks ago involving Steel, Tiergan, Bryn, and several others who just...sort of appeared (most of whom were there to talk to Bryn).  I managed to snag a new name or two for my friend list from the encounter and I completely forgot what the hell it was I was doing, it was that lovely.

It was great fun having myself and the other RoeLady new friend tease Bryn-chan.  I highly enjoyed it, and kinda want moar.

Tiergan might have enjoyed watching two Roe-ladies teasing Bryn just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too much. :V   Mwahah~!

Today, we conquer Bryn. Tomorrow, the world! Muahahaha!

There was an awesome bit of random pick-up RP that happened in Mor Dhona a few weeks ago involving Steel, Tiergan, Bryn, and several others who just...sort of appeared (most of whom were there to talk to Bryn).  I managed to snag a new name or two for my friend list from the encounter and I completely forgot what the hell it was I was doing, it was that lovely.

It was great fun having myself and the other RoeLady new friend tease Bryn-chan.  I highly enjoyed it, and kinda want moar.

Tiergan might have enjoyed watching two Roe-ladies teasing Bryn just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too much. :V   Mwahah~!

Today, we conquer Bryn. Tomorrow, the world! Muahahaha!

Nevar!

But yeah, it was a lot of fun bumping into so many friends just by hanging out at the Aetheryte. <3

• 2 weeks later...

The other day my character was waylaid for rp in the middle of Ul'dah's main street by a swarm of tiny Lalafellin quadruplets. It was dizzying and hard to respond to all of them evenly given their similar names, but I had a blast. Though now my friends list is crowded. xD