MOAR LALAFELLS!

There was a post on the forums about "Mountainfolk" lalafell and I think that Queen would definitely fit that type of lalafell best.  I always imagined her body being a little bit bigger than the average Dunesfolk or Plainsfolk, both taller and possibly stockier?  Also I have no idea why I gave her short hair, I think it was to avoid ruining the shoulder outline.

Could I get a link? I'm curious. While not taller (obviously, wee Chachan is wee), I definitely run my little guy as being rather stocky - as the Berrod piece points out. His father, however, could totally be "Mountainfolk" and thus explain his burlier physique.

... Along with the fact he's been working a forge since childhood. :blush:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a post on the forums about "Mountainfolk" lalafell and I think that Queen would definitely fit that type of lalafell best.  I always imagined her body being a little bit bigger than the average Dunesfolk or Plainsfolk, both taller and possibly stockier?  Also I have no idea why I gave her short hair, I think it was to avoid ruining the shoulder outline.

Could I get a link? I'm curious. While not taller (obviously, wee Chachan is wee), I definitely run my little guy as being rather stocky - as the Berrod piece points out. His father, however, could totally be "Mountainfolk" and thus explain his burlier physique.

Yes!  One sec..

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=6370&highlight=mountainfolk

also fun fact I too IRL have been working a forge since childhood, ehehe.  Not regularly tho so I'm still scrawny.  ;^;

Yes!  One sec..

also fun fact I too IRL have been working a forge since childhood, ehehe.  Not regularly tho so I'm still scrawny.  ;^;

Neato! On both counts. I don't know too much about forging and smithing myself, so I'd love to get any tidbits you'd like to share to make that angle of Chachan's character all the more believable. :blush:

While it definitely seems the "hip" thing to do (usually with Miqo'te, it seems), but after reading that I could definitely see Doman Lalafell being Mountainfolk (heralding from the wondrous Mt. Notfuji). With his mother definitely being Dunesfolk... that would make the kid and his two other siblings mixed-blood. The dislike of heat kinda clashes with a smith, though...

Still, a fun and interesting read! Thanks for sharing it with me!

I am also a very non-biased player who has some Lalafell artwork. #LalafellMasterRace

Lala is love, Lala is life! 

liliFinish_zpsbd1a0401.jpg

Here is a wonderful sketch of my Liliro Liro :love::love::love::love:

Oh who am I kidding! Lala's are the best ever! 

Yes!  One sec..

Neato! On both counts. I don't know too much about forging and smithing myself, so I'd love to get any tidbits you'd like to share to make that angle of Chachan's character all the more believable. :blush:

While it definitely seems the "hip" thing to do (usually with Miqo'te, it seems), but after reading that I could definitely see Doman Lalafell being Mountainfolk (heralding from the wondrous Mt. Notfuji). With his mother definitely being Dunesfolk... that would make the kid and his two other siblings mixed-blood. The dislike of heat kinda clashes with a smith, though...

Still, a fun and interesting read! Thanks for sharing it with me!

Yeah, if you're ever wondering about something specific with blacksmithing I can help a lil bit.  You can PM me if ya like.  ^.^

Though I mostly focused on the artistic side of it, making little trinkets or sculptures and whutnot, not so much large equipment or machinery pieces or anything like that.  Though my dad is a professional blacksmith who has taught classes and such locally, so I can always relay a question to him~

As for Mountainfolk, I do think they could work as a sub-race from Doma as well.  My character Queen's former home/culture is based on some northern european cultures, so Mountainfolk totally works for her haha.

And I think that an aversion to heat would apply, but if he is indeed mixed-race, you could always just assume that part annulled.  Or use that as a writing prompt idea - about how your Chachan had to overcome the discomfort of the forge's heat in order to pursue his passion!  =D

Oh gosh, there are all adorable!  Well, before I managed to snag a slot for Nonovi on Balmung, I was going nuts with some doodles and character planning. Here are a few things I sketched out during work downtime!

52619f39837991d5e3311b2e8bdb51ba.png

ee74fe0a04fcfb7cacd7de4e56d5be43.png

2de5b977adcc4d1cf69911f3cf95aaf9.png

She will be the death of a very poor duskwight that is Xavarian Mystrife...maybe

Oh gosh, there are all adorable!  Well, before I managed to snag a slot for Nonovi on Balmung, I was going nuts with some doodles and character planning. Here are a few things I sketched out during work downtime!

52619f39837991d5e3311b2e8bdb51ba.png

ee74fe0a04fcfb7cacd7de4e56d5be43.png

2de5b977adcc4d1cf69911f3cf95aaf9.png

She will be the death of a very poor duskwight that is Xavarian Mystrife...maybe

I LOVE HER.

lalawip_zps0bf556d9.png

Original concept (as well as some spontaneous interactions with other RPC members!) found here.

;^;  This too-taller is also too kind!!!  Thank you so much for the adorable arts!! :love::love::love:

I think you missed Eli's Lala with the awesome facial hair. Seriously. Check out that scruff 'n stuff.

lalawip_zps0bf556d9.png

Original concept (as well as some spontaneous interactions with other RPC members!) found here.

;^;  This too-taller is also too kind!!!  Thank you so much for the adorable arts!! :love::love::love:

I think you missed Eli's Lala with the awesome facial hair. Seriously. Check out that scruff 'n stuff.

Hahaha did not miss it, it is awesome!  Dat scruff!

Each portrait really captures that Lala's personality =3c