Hello!

Hello there, I transferred to this server today after learning that it was the game's RP hub, and that people here do content too, which corrected a misconception I had for awhile. So, about me, I've been playing FFXIV for about two months now, and before that I played WoW for about nine, on Moon Guard, the primary RP server there. That's also part of what attracted me to this server, the sense of friendliness and community that RP servers, official or unofficial, tend to foster. I raided Normal in MoP and a bit of Heroic in WoD for my WoW experience, but left due to a general feeling there wasn't much at all to do in WoD. My FF pursuits have been stonewalled at T5 so far, but I'm sure I'll break that sooner or later. I do hope to eventually find a Coil-doing static or FC while here.

As for RP, I've RPed for many years now, at least five or six. My experience is primarily on Neverwinter Nights, a series of games that have a small but persistent community of hosted worlds where strict RP is enforced. I also RPed on Moon Guard on WoW, and semi-frequently play tabletop Dungeons and Dragons, among other PnP RPGs. I consider myself fairly adept at RP, and vary between medium and heavy depending on my OOC mood and goals for the day in-game, and the levels that whomever I'm RPing with operate at. I can adjust very easily to different RP styles and mannerisms. I learned of the RPC through Reddit and some Googling, really. 

I currently play Sigrid Jerriksdottir, a Highlander Hyur Warrior. Think the rather stereotypical large, red-headed northern barbarian lady and you're not too far off. She's a generally friendly and approachable sort, so I'm sure she'll have little trouble finding RP and friends here. I don't have too many specifics on plot details/the rest yet, but those come as a PC is played and RPed and I've not done that yet.

For real life, I'm a student of mathematics and computer science, considering graduate studies after my undergrad in either of those. Most of my free time is taken up by gaming and the occasional reading (When the Internet is down). I do data analysis and composition work for my university's Housing department. By which I mean a lot of Reddit and some work.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all both OOCly and ICly.

Welcome welcome to the FFXIV roleplaying world!

Nice to see you've played so many games before as well, and a lot sound familiar on top of that.

If you up for it and introduce your red-headed lady to my elezen, feel free to give me an ingame whisper! Admittedly I'm from the EU zones, so my playtimes are sporadic at most currently, but I should be online later. (Doing some Odin farming for an FC member on the other server as I speak- eh type.)

Hopefully see you ingame!

Virella Douront

My experience is primarily on Neverwinter Nights, a series of games that have a small but persistent community of hosted worlds where strict RP is enforced.

Hello and welcome, but also yay, another NWN player! I was on PWs in NWN too although that's going back quite a few years now.

Hope you enjoy your time on Balmung. :D

My experience is primarily on Neverwinter Nights, a series of games that have a small but persistent community of hosted worlds where strict RP is enforced.

Hello and welcome, but also yay, another NWN player! I was on PWs in NWN too although that's going back quite a few years now.

Hope you enjoy your time on Balmung. :D

Holy St. Cowabunga, nostalgia trip :D Which server(s)?

And what Inarah said - welcome to Balmung!  Mebbe we'll see you about, sometime.

... also yay, another NWN player! I was on PWs in NWN too although that's going back quite a few years now.

You would be surprised how many veteran role-players got their start in the NWN community.

I played on two servers over the course of maybe ... 3-4 years? The first being "The Guardian Chronicles", followed by "RoME" (Return of Middle Earth)

You would be surprised how many veteran role-players got their start in the NWN community.

I played on two servers over the course of maybe ... 3-4 years?  The first being "The Guardian Chronicles", followed by "RoME" (Return of Middle Earth)

It was a fun game, lots of good memories. I can't remember the name of my first server now but I was on Amia for awhile and it's still going strong from what my friend who plays there says.

It was a fun game, lots of good memories. I can't remember the name of my first server now but I was on Amia for awhile and it's still going strong from what my friend who plays there says.

That it is still up and running is a testament to how good of a game it was, and how great the community was as a whole. If not for the grossly outdated graphics, I'd be tempted to reinstall.