Looking to brawl in The Quicksand!

As a side note, I'm seeing a lot of people coming to the Carline Canopy for some light tavern RP, and that's wonderful to see! It's rather cozy. Please don't start any brawls in there. The stained glass windows would be so expensive to repair/replace.

*tongue firmly planted in cheek* :P

BEEF will have someone defenestrated through it within the hour, good sir.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it now. Someone walks into the Coffer and Coffin and asks, "Do you have BEEF?"

I wonder if a BEEF match will also be called a BEEF. Then when one participant isn't certain about his opponent, he'll be forced to ask "Do you have a BEEF with me?"

I can see it now. Someone walks into the Coffer and Coffin and asks, "Do you have BEEF?"

IF THAT ISN'T OUR WATCHWORD TO HAVE ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE I AM QUITTING BEFORE I EVEN JOIN.

The smiling hyur looks up from his glass. He's handsome - no, pretty? Clean blonde hair, a smile that has slain more hearts than he's broken, and if it wasn't for the bruises he'd look almost too attractive to be real. He calls the man behind the counter over and clear his throat.

"Excuse me, sir? I was wondering, do you have any...beef?"

Behind them, a bottle shatters. It has begun.

If this becomes a thing - and it should - my only regret is that I'd be hard-pressed to have a character that would be a part of BEEF. Chachan's too much of a goody-goody for a good bar room brawl.

... Judge, maybe? He seems too... rigid for this sort of thing. Unless in his black-and-white aged mind, a bar cannot be a real bar until there has been at least one brawl in it. Or just for ensuring that the BEEF code is upheld, and just happens to return any punches thrown his way. I suppose I could figure out a way if I tried hard enough.

... It's either that or I'm making another alt purely for BEEF. And if I go that route, there's really only one way to go:

don_king.jpg

If this becomes a thing - and it should - my only regret is that I'd be hard-pressed to have a character that would be a part of BEEF. Chachan's too much of a goody-goody for a good bar room brawl.

That's the beauty of it being a "Fight Club" done in secret deal Chacha. Erik doesn't bar fight, and his position as the clean cut political motivated highlander keeps him out of Grindestone and bars and all. But this is a secret fight, Erik can cut loose and be a highlander. Chacha can drop the goody goody at the door and break a bottle to cut some dude's head off. Good times.

I'm really excited for this. Someone must make BEEF. Eorzea needs a Fight Club.

That's the beauty of it being a "Fight Club" done in secret deal Chacha. Erik doesn't bar fight, and his position as the clean cut political motivated highlander keeps him out of Grindestone and bars and all. But this is a secret fight, Erik can cut loose and be a highlander. Chacha can drop the goody goody at the door and break a bottle to cut some dude's head off. Good times.

I'm really excited for this. Someone must make BEEF. Eorzea needs a Fight Club.

That's kinda it, though, it'd be horribly out of character for him. :lol:

As much as I'd love to have the little Lala haul off and clothesline someone from the Quicksand railing, it's not something he would do. He attends the Grindstone in order to learn how to disarm and defeat people WITHOUT hurting them overly much. Being in BEEF would be... confusing, from a literary standpoint.

However, Judge could more feasibly fit in. He's still more or less a blank slate right now as I level him up so he can be in his "Judge armor," so it'd be easier to get him to be in BEEF rather than try and bend Chachan's established character in an odd manner to get him to fit the format. Even if the reasoning for "Mr. Rules" Judge is that bar fights must take place in a bar.

FORBIDDEN: CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS. RECOMMENDED: BITING.

FORBIDDEN: HITTING BELOW THE BELT. RECOMMENDED: PILEDRIVERS

... I think I've got it. We can retroactively make BEEF a storied secret organization with Judge being part of its old guard - I run him as being REALLY old anyway. Even if he serves as a arbiter, judge, and mediator, he still is a founding member of BEEF. And, as one of its members, it's still a delightfully simple black and white matter when it comes to his thought processes on it - if you are a member of BEEF, and the keyphrase is said, you brawl. Such is the Way of BEEF.

I JUST HAD AN IDEA.

__

Obvious disclaimer.

BTW i'm in'game if we seriouly wanna start a linkshell for this.......

I clicked that link and then scrolled down half-expecting you to ask THE QUESTION there.

And yes. LS must be made for BEEF. And Judge Jredthys must be added to its ranks.

Check that topic again......

Obligatory reminder to coordinate OoC with the organizers of whatever events / tavern nights that B.E.E.F. plans to crash.

Right, the keyphrase is multi-purpose here. To use IG to announce the start of the brawl, and also to question the event planners as to whether BEEF antics will be allowed.

... We should probably put together a Linkshell thread for BEEF, so we can accompany the question with a link to it (preferably using the word BEEF as the link).

I JUST HAD AN IDEA.

__

Obvious disclaimer.

BTW i'm in'game if we seriouly wanna start a linkshell for this.......

I just made B.E.E.F. like ten minutes ago to make sure the name is safe, find me in game and ill pass the master rank to you.

I'm at the Quicksand, tho it doesn't matter to me if I'm not master

It's moments like this that pride fills within my heart for this community.

But if any of you fuckers try and do stuff on the Midnight Moogle I'm making my character learn dark magic just to hunt each and everyone one of you to a duel until death.

... So you'd have a beef with BEEF?

It's moments like this that pride fills within my heart for this community.

But if any of you fuckers try and do stuff on the Midnight Moogle I'm making my character learn dark magic just to hunt each and everyone one of you to a duel until death.

... So you'd have a beef with BEEF?

Only if they eat beef.

a88.jpg