Square Enix's attention to detail and proof to their precision

Allagan technology yo.

That's been my (5 minute) headcanon.

Gods... I'd really hate to meet the Allagan caterpillars that spun that invincible silk. Secret T14 boss Spiny Spipi confirmed. Please look forward to it.

SpinySpipi.jpg

EDIT:

So yeah. AF2 because "Dynamis relic gear" doesn't abbreviate as well.

Actually... it abbreviates to "DRG" but we can't have anything decent get confused with LOLDRGs, no thank you.

I would just say they've seen some times.

I mean really, we're all wearing some hand me down or old shit unless we crafted it ourselves or it's Rowena stuff.

Allagan stuff? Old as shit.

WoD? ... Possible it's not old.

LotA? OLD

ST? OLD

Antique gear? ANTIQUES

In my own headcanon, all the drops we get are re-tailored, but modern versions inspired by whatever instance we return from. Like Coil, enough adventurers brought tattered remains of old Allagan clothing so that tailors got an idea of what it might have looked like and made it. And now because everyone is obsessed with everything Allagan, it's highly fashionable. And like WoD? I mean... it's not like demons and voidsent wear clothes. So just inspired pieces.

Cuz... a silk robe isn't gonna survive 5,000 years through earthquakes, great floods, freezes, and what all and still be wearable. The damn thing would just disintegrate in your hands if you picked it up.

Also that said, WTF Eorzeans have no sense of history. No wonder the Sharlayans left in a huff. I mean, we dig up some 5,000 year old piece of history and wear it to battle or we destroy it (thank you desynth). Sharlayans are all probably screaming:

92040-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-AhR4.gif

Ah, but Allagan attire is not made from traditional materials. The descriptions for materials specified as "Allagan" all seem to suggest that they've been treated with special materials. Then we get to ingredients such as Allagan Catalyst, Carboncoat, and Carbontwine, all Allagan, and all explicitly stated to increase the properties of materials. With these in mind, I find it much more believable that, yes, that full set of Allagan armor survived several eras in the dirt.

Allagan.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love it when my theories turn out right. Totally called Durandal and Joyeuse being the other two blades.

I would have been VERY surprised if the obvious reference (granted Joyeuse is the least well known of the blades since it was not Roland's) to the song that gave people the friggin' name Paladin would have not been in here.

Especially since Square-Enix has started to use Durandal more in various games - Bravely Default's best blade is Durandal.