Valentione's Singing Telegrams have returned!

Winter still hangs over the land like a blanket. However, there are stirrings, yearnings, a sense among living creatures great and small that change will come, and deep within arise the first inklings of an ancient need. Thus it is that the goddess Menphina presides over this moon, her blessings warming hearts and bodies, turning thoughts to companionship in anticipation of the fecundity of the coming thaw.

In this moon, join the bards of Eorzea in their tribute to the Valentione festivities, as they gather to give you, that hapless romantic or comfortable companion, a chance to send messages of joy, love or desire to that special someone, whether or not he or she might see it coming. We present...

[align=center]The Valentione's Singing Telegram Initiative[/align]

[align=center]

onion.gif[/align]

A telegram is, of course, but a traveling message, and what better way for your message to travel than to hire a skilled bard to personalize and perform it for that lucky recipient?

So, what's it about?

For a modest fee (certainly modest compared to how much you'd pay for those skimpy Thavnairian fashions, or the courtesans who wear them), our bards will work with you to create a customized song and performance for your recipient, played live and in person. With but some helpful information about the lucky guy or girl, and the best time and place to make it happen, we can make the season that bit more special for both of you.

Our team of veteran performers will be offering up to 30 custom-written songs and performances, so be sure to act on time and secure your request. To get your song early, join us at our invitational meeting below to best secure your slot in our playlist:

Place: The Phoenix Aria - The Goblet, Ward 4, Plot 41

Time: Sunday, February 7th, 3pm EST

[align=center]miketheminstrel_Flickr.jpg[/align]

How it works:

At our meeting, we will be selling song packages for a base 40,000 gil. If fewer than 30 people attend at this time, the price will stay the same for all, but if necessary, we will auction off the song slots if demand exceeds supply. This limit of 30 slots is meant to allow our bards the time, energy and attention to every one, ensuring that we satisfy both sender and recipient within a reasonable time frame. If there are additional slots left after the initial sale, we will make a community announcement to that effect, and accept new purchasers as we can get to them until we have filled our list.

Purchasers will provide our bards with the information necessary to craft and deliver the performance to specifications (see below for what we will ask for). We will be delivering songs within a two-week time range of February 7 to February 21, so be sure that any intended recipients can be found receptive within that time frame.

To ensure the best and most pleasant delivery experience, we will ask our customers to provide us with the following information once a purchase is made:

* What character is the recipient?

* How much can you tell us about the recipient, and what you wish to convey? The more information you can give, the more tailored a performance we can offer.

* Where and how would you like the performance done?

* How can we work together to ensure the successful delivery circumstances?

* Would you like us to deliver a present for you, in addition to the song?

* Should it be a surprise, or will the recipient be expecting us?

* Is it to be a romantic, friendly, teasing, loving, fun, or prankish message, or a combination?

* Will you specify a song, message, or set of lyrics for inspiration, or just let us work our magic for you?

* Do you wish to choose a specific bard to deliver the message? Please note that we cannot guarantee this last option, because of our need to spread the workload among our performers, but to the extent that we can offer the option, we will consider it. Agreements between our performers and paying customers may be explored at the performer's discretion, but cannot be promised to all parties.

[align=center]elvis-e-singing-telegram-maryland.jpg[/align]

Also, please consider the following guidelines when requesting songs:

* Please, no more than 3 songs per purchaser! While we want to encourage your enthusiam, we also want to ensure that we get a good variety of customers and not deliberately leave anyone out, nor engage in any favoritism.

* Our bards are performers, not strippers! While we tend to be open-minded sorts (and often quite sexy, admittedly) , and what you ask of one of us individually may vary, we are not openly offering or entertaining any sort of ERP or x-rated performances with this seasonal service. A little teasing and a bit of bawd may not be off the table, considering the theme, of course, but we will be keeping our clothes on for any official paid performances done through this specific initiative.

* Helping us track down and get ahold of your recipients is very much appreciated. The hardest part about our service is not actually writing or performing, but actually finding our clients and getting them to stay in one place long enough for us to deliver. Making this part easier for us means that we can put more of our time into the show, rather than into hunting the quarry.

* We will be writing custom lyrics, perhaps using certain sources of inspiration, for your songs. If you wish to specify certain source material, or insert certain concepts of your own, please let us know in the transaction process. The more we know about what you want, and about the recipient, the better we can tailor the experience. However, our bards are quite skilled at coming up with good ideas, so work with us as you will.

* Our limit of 30 songs this year is not meant to keep anyone in particular from getting to participate; rather, it is to ensure that we can successfully meet all our expectations for this event without facing burnout or forgetting anyone.

For examples of our services, we have a posted archive of the songs our Telegram performers from last year's team wrote and delivered. Please feel free to have a look at the link below to get a sense of what we can compose for you.

The Valentione's Telegram Archive Thread

Send that special message the best way! We'll serenade, promenade, and masquerade until we've got just the right way to tell that lucky someone of yours how you feel.

If you have questions, requests for clarification, or thoughts, feel free to post them to this thread.

[align=center]

valentines-day-song-main.gif[/align]

[align=center]giphy.gif[/align]

If anyone want to send one to Nathan, I'm going to offer to deliver it for free and not as part of Nebula's quota. I'm sure others would pitch in too.

Thanks for organising us senpai.

I'd decidedly like to hire you lot at some point.  I just need to hunt you down in game.

This will be a rather amusing commission.   Especially if you all will serenade a thing (or group of things) instead of a person.

I'd decidedly like to hire you lot at some point.  I just need to hunt you down in game.

This will be a rather amusing commission.   Especially if you all will serenade a thing (or group of things) instead of a person.

We could definitely make that work. After all love does not discriminate.

BUMP

I don't see why we can't make a thing, group of things, organization or locale into a recipient. We've done strange before.

Also, I will interject that the schedule for our meetup session is 2.5 hours before the Super Bowl, which I did not realize until today. That may not concern most, nor does it concern me personally, but I realize that many people may have RL conflicts around the day. If any of our Bards have a conflict, please do let me know.

Also, I'll be checking in with the performers themselves Friday and Saturday some, and presenting a few final procedural details, and making sure everyone's ready.

BUMP!

As of the end of our initial meeting, we have sold six song slots out of thirty, so more will be up for grabs! If you wish to order a song, PM me or Marcellain and we will send you the form link.

Or, if you have questions, feel free to add them to this thread. We will keep updates as quickly as possible.

New BUMP!

Good morning, Eorzea! Our busy bards are working away at the song requests that have been made so far, and deliveries are incoming for several of our quickest responders.

There's still time for more orders, though! We are planning to tend to deliveries through 2/21, so if you act quite soon, we can still get a song for you.

Bump... Still slots left.

Also Nebula has a delivery worked out that could not be delivered. So if you are male and have a male bff you like to go hunting with.. It's yours for free. Just let me know and Nebula will pounce into action

Late Straggler here! o/ (Also, not a Forum Poster, LOL. You could probably tell)

As far as whether or not there are still open slots, willing to pitch in for one. Any of them will do, not a picky person here. So let me know if there are any willing for a pitch in, otherwise have Good Day! ^_^

(If any extra information is needed, just send a message here. Will see about checking till this ends.)

Today is the last day of our official time frame for the Singing Telegrams.

As of today, we are no longer taking new orders so that we may finish the remaining deliveries. For those who have not yet had your orders completed, due to problems locating the recipients, do not fear - we will continue to work on the existing orders until all have been delivered, extending the delivery period to next weekend if necessary.

If there are any questions about the Telegram orders, feel free to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

This may be the last one finally delivered.

ffxiv_08032016_000033.jpg

Nebula sits down within her robes, her harp held tenderly in her lap.

She begins a simple plucking, like a musical box a soft slow tender tune.

After a while she starts to hum along to the tune letting it take on a life of it’s own apart from the performer.

As the music enwraps the audience she starts to sing in a clear soft voice. The song is slow and precious.

♪ I was a flower  

♪ ... searching in the dark

♪ I found the Moon

♪ .. .. and you captured my heart

♪ My wish is now

♪ ... for a neverending night

♪ Bathe me forever  

♪ ... in your loving moonlight

♪ I would pay for your kiss

♪ .. ..  with petals like tears

♪ Fall to your embrace

♪ ... let go my fears