2.56 Maintenance April 20

Kage

I bet if they do t13 won't get a nerf beyond echo.

I certainly hope not. T13 is easy enough what with 2 mechanics happening at once, at the most. T9 didn't, not sure why T13 would. Please nerf T11 though Christ almighty I hate that fight.

Easy enough as a tank or DPS but as a healer it is hands down the hardest fight in the game.

T11 is totes easy, why do you hate it?

Uhhhhhhh no lol. T13 is a joke to heal. Literally every scrap of damage in that fight is 100% predictable unless someone really drops the ball. Honestly if my SCH buddy isn't dpsing half of the time during T13 I get a little mad, especially during divebombs phase.

Turn 11 is ass because tethers are lame, I hate the stupid egg-fuck adds and the trash is the worst in the game.

Uhhhh lol how about we try not to be condescending?

My evaluation is relative to every other fight in the game, as everything is easy to me now that I know the fights. It has little flexibility as a WHM and mistakes are much more difficult to recover from. So yes it's easy now that we've learned the fight but it's still the hardest in the game for healers much the same way I think savage t7 is the hardest in the game for tanks.

It is not a joke to heal. Show me your healer clear video and I'll show you mine.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... omfg.

To be honest I just assumed Steps of Faith was Battle of Ishgard... so if it is a new thing entirely I'd be super hyped.

But I highly doubt it. They ended the Main story quests in 2.55. The way they ended 2.55 is how they always ended MSQ lines from previous patches.

Personally, the only announcement I'm waiting on right meow is the release date for the new benchmark.

I can't WAIT to see how my lolmachine does with the new DX11 client and how failboat gitgud I'll be compared to other folks.

So excite.

Definitely read in multiple places that this is supposed to be out around the 25 - 26th during the NicoNico weekend or something like that. Don't quote me but I googled a lot in desperation for the same date and that's what I've seen on the official forums from people. Hopefully that's the right date! 8D

Personally, the only announcement I'm waiting on right meow is the release date for the new benchmark.

I can't WAIT to see how my lolmachine does with the new DX11 client and how failboat gitgud I'll be compared to other folks.  

So excite.

Definitely read in multiple places that this is supposed to be out around the 25 - 26th during the NicoNico weekend or something like that. Don't quote me but I googled a lot in desperation for the same date and that's what I've seen on the official forums from people. Hopefully that's the right date! 8D

I believe this is the same time frame I saw mentioned elsewhere, that the benchmark is coming out with an event in Japan. A NicoNico event sounds extremely familiar to what I've read before so I bet this is it.

So excite.

Definitely read in multiple places that this is supposed to be out around the 24th - 26th during the NicoNico weekend or something like that. Don't quote me but I googled a lot in desperation for the same date and that's what I've seen on the official forums from people. Hopefully that's the right date! 8D

I believe this is the same time frame I saw mentioned elsewhere, that the benchmark is coming out with an event in Japan. A NicoNico event sounds extremely familiar to what I've read before so I bet this is it.

Yeah I just looked it up again, it was released to a website called Famitsu, but I can't read Japanese so I'm kind of unable to verify it on THEIR page, so my info came from Reddit. It's the NicoNico Super Conference that they're supposed to be releasing it at/with.

Not when you have all 50s and want most of the poetics weapons which cost 1300 each. I play 4+ jobs regularly doing dungeons or others.

Not hope out of nowhere but based on their intentions; they've always been about "leveling" the playing field and uncapping poetics would have definitely been part of it. The fact is we're completely losing poetics come June so there's no reason not to unlock it when they won't matter later.

None of that's "required" though. You'll eventually be leveling all of your jobs to 60, yes, but do you need to be 130 prior to that? Shiva weapons are easily bumped to 115 if you can't kill T9 or t13 for the 115/135. Gearing your off-jobs in unlocked WoD gear and Diamond weapons is more than sufficient.

Or, farm the free-farm Coil?

I'm not meaning to be snippy, I just really don't get it.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is either way. Unless SE pulls a 180 and makes this game even remotely challenging outside of coil, i would contend that AF gear and your plain old relic will be enough to get you by in the expansion. All of which will likely be quickly replaced by quest rewards and dungeon drops.

For the other ~50%+ who do not meet FCOB requirements or cannot farm it in the first place?

There's no reason for them to keep their "welfare" equipment locked when the "harder" content isn't.

Edit: I don't really care either way, but the Poetics cap sometimes actually makes me wish I could remove automatic subscription. So.

Gogon has all combat classes but NIN at 50. He has the SCH Zodiac, a Soldiery Axe, a Dragoon Zenith relic, and everything else is equipped from weapons dropped by the various Primals.

I'm just happy enough that they're all above i100-ish (even if the Titan bow REALLY CLASHES with the rest of the look), so I can "try" using them if they're needed for something. I really don't think I could or would want to try max-gearing out all of them. I just can't see myself using any other job than SCH enough to warrant it.

... Especially with Heavensward on the horizon. Then again, I don't really raid or anything, and I don't even bother trying to cap my poetics on any of my characters these days. So, you mileage may vary.