Chances of seeing vanilla areas expanded post 3.0

I have a long list of threads in my mind queued up ready for posting, and have to give adequate spacing to posting each one lest I get spammy.

Anyway, we know that the nine new areas of Heavensward are 50-100% larger than the existing areas, and even looking at Tour of the North we can see this. Which is kind of both awesome and a little bit sad. I'm a 2.0 player, and it was always nice to hear of how large the 1.0 zones were...I suppose it can be assumed that the 2.0 zones in-universe are larger than they are in-game (a certain cutscene has you travelling on carriage from Sil'dih ruins to Black Brush and it takes a while). I would just like the consistency, since I don't know if I can rest easy with the idea that Thanalan is dramatically smaller than Dravania, or something. 

Even Ishgard looks pretty big! Though I wonder if in-universe it is the physically largest city-state regardless.

Anyway, any chances that we might see the original areas expanded in a later patch or expansion? It sounds like a pipe dream, but one can...well, dream!

I feel like they might be redone/expanded in the future. As they had said, the current zones are not flying-ready, I can see them doing something like WoW did and going back and redesigning the zones and making them flying-ready, possibly even expanding them larger when PS3 support is dropped entirely. 

It would not likely happen soon, I would say maybe after 4.0, if I had to guess a timeline, but they already said they are considering the idea of redesigning them to make them flying-ready, just not working on it at this time.

Being from the period of 1.0 I would say it's not impossible. The original layout of the world was interconnected until the re-design forced them to separate the zones in order to ease loading zones. Though there were Invisible "walls" that kept the low levels from jumping down to their doom (and no jump in general), it showed they were possible.

I doubt the 1.0 version will be the one they bring back however, due to the fact it was a land that was unaffected by the calamity, but until they can re-assign people for the task, i'd say not to hold your breath and take time to enjoy the beauty of our recovering little world as it is before we are herded off to a new adventure.