I'm Available Here and Now! (Instant RP)

So. Hopefully this isn't a bad idea and or hasn't been done before. I've been in Balmung for a couple of hours now, and I'm seeing lots of friendly people running around now. But I'd really love to break into some roleplay!

So I thought the theme of this thread would be for people who don't already have a whole list of friends they can go to for rp, or who are perhaps looking for more rp friends, and want to rp the very moment they post. 

So when you post here, you can state your name and where you are, so folks can look you up in world!

If this is in the wrong place or a bad thread idea, just let me know! :blush:

I'm Merai Valdis in world, and seeing as I'm pretty new I'm hanging around Gridania. :)

So. Again...showing off my newbness. What is a Linkshell...and how would one check it out? Is it something I have to be invited to...or can I just like...pop in and say hi?

As I recall...my sister (who plays way more than me, but alas is back home in Canada so times differ), had a linkshell back when I first played a couple of years ago...and it was like...a special chat tab?

A linkshell is a chat tab you get invited to. You can belong to 8 of them at any given time, and talk into them with the /l(number) command, so /l1, /l2 etcetera. A Free Company is your guild-equivalent - There are benefits to being in a Free Company though they're arguably limited. Housing, chocobo stables and airships (in 3.0) are the obvious draws.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread didn't take off so well, but I'm online now, and rp'ing with Nebbs at Horizon :D

Also, if anyone wanted to add me and I haven't been able to add you due to time zone differences, now's the time!

Merai Valdis <3

[20:14]Western Thanalan (22,16)