Housing Question

You all have been a big help to me and my friends so i am again asking this community a question.

How hard is it to get housing on Balmung?  both for Companies and personal? Also is their a way to build a FC airship with out a FC facility?  Out of the group of friends ive started with on Balmung im one of the higher level ones with a lvl 43 (or so) Warrior, so we are still learning the game itself.  My wife is pursuing more of the crafting side (and i cant stop her fishing binges lol) , but we just formed a RP FC with friends from other games and an old shared guild.  So guessing we need to learn this lol.

All houses are currently taken on Balmung, the only way to get one is to pay someone to relinquish their lot, and then build a house.

At a minimum it will likely cost you 10-15 million to do so.

There is no way to craft an Airship without an FC house.

However supposedly there will be new housing wards opened in a few months.

Getting a house on Balmung now is difficult if not impossible unless you have A) a vast quantity of gil or B) a very, very generous friend. When new wards come out (hopefully) in 3.1, it will... still be very difficult. You will need to have the money ready and bum-rush the housing zone in order to get the plot you want, alongside several hundred other people, many of which will be competitors for your desired plot.

Edit:

Here you will see an accurate representation of the new housing servers the second they come online for 3.1.

F1YuOIfqr_8

Getting a house on Balmung now is difficult if not impossible unless you have A) a vast quantity of gil or B) a very, very generous friend. When new wards come out (hopefully) in 3.1, it will... still be very difficult. You will need to have the money ready and bum-rush the housing zone in order to get the plot you want, alongside several hundred other people, many of which will be competitors for your desired plot.

Edit:

Here you will see an accurate representation of the new housing servers the second they come online for 3.1.

F1YuOIfqr_8

Ugh now I'm just this writhing ball of anxiety now that I've got enough gil to buy the house I want and am just waiting for them to add more wards. What if I don't get the plot I want T_T

Is it going to be so bad that there are like... going to be dozens of people rushing the housing wards soon as the patch is live? I was intending on logging out in the Mist next to the NPC that lets you change wards and staying up to log in as soon as the maintenance was over. Which houses tend to be the first targets? Smalls? The first-class houses, or the cheaper fifth-class ones?

(sorry to hijack this question thread with another question, it's just I wasn't around to buy a house last time they added wards so I have no idea what it's actually going to be like)

Ugh now I'm just this writhing ball of anxiety now that I've got enough gil to buy the house I want and am just waiting for them to add more wards. What if I don't get the plot I want T_T

Is it going to be so bad that there are like... going to be dozens of people rushing the housing wards soon as the patch is live? I was intending on logging out in the Mist next to the NPC that lets you change wards and staying up to log in as soon as the maintenance was over. Which houses tend to be the first targets? Smalls? The first-class houses, or the cheaper fifth-class ones?

(sorry to hijack this question thread with another question, it's just I wasn't around to buy a house last time they added wards so I have no idea what it's actually going to be like)

To answer your first question: yes. Especially due to 3.0, there are a lot of returning players that quit before they were able to get a house, so there will be both individuals and new/old FCs looking for plots. I can't remember which patch it was, maybe 3.4, but when the servers came back online and they added two new wards, every small house was taken in about 10 minutes. I imagine it will take half that time now (if they only add two new wards, anyway). First-class houses won't necessarily sell out faster, there will just be more competition for them. Medium houses will probably sell out very quickly. Larges always take a while to go, but since it's been so long since they've added a new ward, many people have had the time to grind out the necessary gil to buy one as soon as they go up for sale, so... It's not going to take long at all for the new wards to fill, basically.

As said, getting in can be a pain, but is achivable.

Getting a house is impossible without vast sums, like 15m+ to get someone to vacate a small plot and 60m for large ones. Why they allowed personal housing I don't know as this has wasted what could be FC houses that allow rooms for individuals.

Not in and FC, or in an FC with no house.. forget private spaces, forget Chocobo levelling, forget gardening, forget airship.

You can wander around and see many personal housing vacant.

Side question, but if you were going to buy from the npc without trying to convince someone to give up their land, how much do houses run for?  Sounds like Archage all over again.

Without the depreciation (as theyll go out fast..) Smalls are 5 mil, medium 37.5mil, and large 87.5 mil.

The house building permit is around... 450k for a small, 1mil for medium, 3mil for large

Another part of the issue is that people who manage to make money easily will not hesitate to own multiple houses through alts. It's really sad to see, when it's such a limited content. When I meet people who own multiple houses I always try to talk to them to be less selfish and give away their extra homes to who has none, but they'll always be out there, you know?

Another part of the issue is that people who manage to make money easily will not hesitate to own multiple houses through alts. It's really sad to see, when it's such a limited content. When I meet people who own multiple houses I always try to talk to them to be less selfish and give away their extra homes to who has none, but they'll always be out there, you know?

The problem honestly is that individuals and Free Companies (many individuals) are competing for the same pool of housing.  Which shouldn't be the case, and is one of the few situations in which I feel that SE has done a terrible job at what should have been a real fun part of the game.

sounds like they need a dedicated server or six for housing and making tons of instances for the districts

Or make housing instanced :dazed: gude lawd the prices of these things. I think Akos is going to have to make due with his inn room for awhile, and maybe give up his dream of beach front property.

sounds like they need a dedicated server or six for housing and making tons of instances for the districts

Or make housing instanced :dazed: gude lawd the prices of these things.  I think Akos is going to have to make due with his inn room for awhile, and maybe give up his dream of beach front property.

There is instanced housing available via guilds in the rooms you can purchase.

Because of how they coded the garden...they apparently can't make it work in the instanced spaces.

Or make housing instanced :dazed: gude lawd the prices of these things.  I think Akos is going to have to make due with his inn room for awhile, and maybe give up his dream of beach front property.

Because of how they coded the garden...they apparently can't make it work in the instanced spaces.

Really? thats damn odd, or just a bad decision that seemed good at the time, those constantly come back to bite you in the arse

Really? thats damn odd, or just a bad decision that seemed good at the time, those constantly come back to bite you in the arse

The rooms "don't exist" when you leave them.  And apparently the plants need to "talk to" the server periodically to mature?  That's my best guess.  The wards exist whether people are in them or not, and apparently this is necessary for the plants to grow.

The rooms "don't exist" when you leave them.  And apparently the plants need to "talk to" the server periodically to mature?  That's my best guess.  The wards exist whether people are in them or not, and apparently this is necessary for the plants to grow.

reminds me of the pocket monster key chains that used to be around.  i killed so many of them lol

What if I don't get the plot I want T_T

Well, to be realistically blunt about it, I'd probably focus on getting any house at all considering, as has previously been stated, last time wards opened up, smalls were gone in minutes.

There are about three plots I'm most interested in, and I guess I'd be happy with any of the three, but... there is the one I want above all the others, you know? I plan on me and Fyrilsunn doing drills to practice running there in the least amount of time so we can get to it first xD Fortunately it's not one right on the beach, I'd imagine those are probably the most popular ones?

What if I don't get the plot I want T_T

Well, to be realistically blunt about it, I'd probably focus on getting any house at all considering, as has previously been stated, last time wards opened up, smalls were gone in minutes.

There are about three plots I'm most interested in, and I guess I'd be happy with any of the three, but... there is the one I want above all the others, you know? I plan on me and Fyrilsunn doing drills to practice running there in the least amount of time so we can get to it first xD Fortunately it's not one right on the beach, I'd imagine those are probably the most popular ones?

The smalls are the absolute most popular, because they're the cheapest.

*writes up a sign, 'will join FC for room' * :cry: