Host Club | Rendezvous | August Opening!

Flora

[align=center]augusthostflier.jpg

In any of the three city-states, you might see a red and white haired Miqo’te tacking up currant purple fliers. If you approach, he gives you a friendly smile and offers you a copy.[/align]

"Hello, friend! Please, take a flier. Have you heard of the Rendezvous Host Club? No? Please, allow me to tell you a bit about it, and hopefully you’ll come and see us?

“I’ll explain it step by step, if you like. First, upon arrival guests are asked to form a line, as the selection process is held on a first come, first served basis. You’ll pay a 1000 gil entry fee, and then you’ll choose from the night’s selection of Hostesses and Hosts. Whomever you choose will then take your order for food and beverage and provide a pleasant evening’s conversation while you dine. Your stay can be as short or as long as you like, and our selection of Hostesses and Hosts is professional and diverse.

“As a professional place of business, we maintain a high-class atmosphere and must ask that our patrons adhere to certain basic standards of conduct. You can rest assured that you will be safe and comfortable in our establishment for the duration of your stay, as we do have security on staff to ensure that any disturbances are handled.

“Do I work for Rendezvous? Why yes, I’m one of the Hosts on staff. I go by Whyt. So please, come and see me and all the other Hosts, won’t you?” 

[align=center]------------------OoC Info------------------[/align]

We're happy and excited to announce our August Host Club opening! We will be hosting August 29th at 4:00 PM CST / 5:00 PM EST! The entrance fee is 1,000 gil, and will be collected at the door. 

The location is Ward 8, Plot 13, (in the Goblet) and Hosts and Hostesses will be selected at a first come, first serve basis. (In other words, if the Host or Hostess you want has already been selected, then you will have to choose another, or depart until next time. The person who arrives first will get the first selection, and so on until all Hosts and Hostesses are spoken for.) 

*Note: To avoid confusion, please line up on the lawn in the order of arrival when first entering the grounds.

Here is the menu that the Host Club offers! 

Here is a look at the dossiers that are posted outside of the Club! (Note: Not all employees may be present on the day of the opening, depending on schedules. Feel free to ask the person at the door if a particular Host or Hostess is available, if you have a particular one in mind. Rest assured though - all of our Hosts and Hostesses have their own unique merits and advantages!)

As always, please let us know if there are any questions! Here's looking forward to another fun event!

Yay, West! We'd love to have you over again!

And you'd certainly be welcome as well, Ark!

Once again, we have at least one new Host who'll be there this time around, so always a new experience at the end of the line. :moogle:

• 2 weeks later...

Arter: Sleep or think on it as much as you'd like ~ But you're welcome to stop by! Or, if you play a character with a sleeping problem, maybe they could fall asleep after their meal. Best of both worlds!

Aiswynd: That honestly sounds hilarious. xD Even if he shows up thinking that it's a really fancy tavern, he'd still be pretty surprised! (Also, if he's ushered into the Host Selection part and is -really- lost, feel free to have him turn to Maia and ask her to recommend someone.)

You're unfamiliar with the concept of a host club, your door fee covers a meal, as well as the pay for the host or hostess that attends you and keeps you company. You could look at it as almost rent a lunch date, although I have heard that sometimes a Host/Hostess and client can connect so well that they do create a meaningful bond that can extend outside of the club, although usually at such a point the client if they attend the host club would be asked to seek a different host/hostess as it would otherwise be a conflict and after all, you and the one you bonded with are going to be doing stuff as friends, outside of their job.

Artigan: the OOC reason we have a door fee is because running Host Club costs us, as an FC, gil to operate. We provide uniforms/dyes/etc to our hosts to maintain our look as a business, as well as all of the costs associated with decorating our house to be run as a Host Club, etc. The door fee just covers a portion of what we spend out of pocket to create this experience for our fellow role-players.

Just as a friendly reminder, this event starts in 1 hour! However, feel free to show up a bit early, as we have an extra little surprise for our Guests in honor of the Moonfire Faire! :moogle:

(Of course, another benefit of arriving early is that Hosts are selected on a first-come, first-serve basis until all are chosen for the night! )

A video of the fireworks! Now I'm truly flattered! :blush:

Thank you to everyone who made this a great opening of the Host Club - and special thanks to Anstarra, Freya, and Kosetsu who came together on rather short notice to work to put together the fireworks display for you tonight! Never underestimate the power of macros.

I had a terrific time at the Host Club. Your staff were organized, and your house design was great. Koharu was my host and she was amazing. For my first event on Balmung, this was a memorable experience.  Thank you all, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

:thumbsup:

Whew, busy week in RL, but I wanted to at least top in one last time and say a sincere thank you to all of you, for leaving such lovely compliments! This event is pretty difficult to put on, but we're happy to do it, double so whenever we know that we've made a positive impact on the community. ♥

That fireworks video and mini-gallery was also amazing, West! Eeeeeee.

I went ahead and passed everything on to the members of our site, so they can all know that their hard work paid off. :moogle: