FFXIV Anniversary: The Rising Event - 2015

Elaris

I'm very lost. We're getting a lot of content, what's there to complain about?

I personally had a lot of fun with this year's Moonfire event, just like I did the last year. And what's more important, people love the new swimsuits. This year's anniversary event sounds exactly like last year's; glamour items were given in Moonfire back then as well.

I'm unsure of what the problem is. I certainly see none.

This year: Three new swimsuit items, a windchime and some fireworks. All the rest is recycled from last year.

Last Year: Six Yukatas, Six swimsuit SETS, Fireworks, A dance, plus three non-fate minigames.

So, to be the equal of last year's, the Faire this year needed to add three additional swimsuit sets, three new minigames, a bunch more yukatas, and a brand new dance.

I just strive to look on the bright side, I suppose. I get way more content out of FFXIV than I do with other MMO's - and I've plenty of other games to play on the side so FFXIV doesn't need to keep me entertained 24/7.

I enjoyed what the event gave us - since I got some new gear for Graeham to use whenever he goes for a stroll along the beaches of La Noscea. The chime is a nice addition to my personal room too!

A lot of stuff from last year's Moonfire was recycled from the year before that, and Legacy Moonfire as well. It's always been tradition to be able to obtain stuff from last year's even, to make it fair and enjoyable for people who missed out. I mean, at the end of the day, it's free content. Most of the previous Moonfire stuff is all recolors anyway - I'd rather have one fresh new design of something cute in one color than a load of the same stuff, only one has a butterfly on the butt, y'know?

This year: Three new swimsuit items, a windchime and some fireworks.  All the rest is recycled from last year.

Last Year: Six Yukatas, Six swimsuit SETS, Fireworks, A dance, plus three non-fate minigames.

So, to be the equal of last year's, the Faire this year needed to add three additional swimsuit sets, three new minigames, a bunch more yukatas, and a brand new dance.

That's not correct. We got three yukatas the last year; the other items (including the other three yukatas) were from 1.0 as far as I know. The dance also was from 1.0. And it's very good that they are adding old items, because there are many new players or new characters who didn't have the chance to get those items before. What's more, this year's event items are dyeable, unlike the last year.

We didn't get a dance this year, but we recently got a brofist emote and we're getting new sitting poses shortly.

Honestly, with all the things SE is giving us, seeing people complain about how nothing is ever good enough feels really unfair @_@

So I had to add my two cents; I love this year's event, and I appreciate all the hard work SE is putting into this game.

Edit: What Edda said, haha.

I should probably point out that I actually really like the fact I can have the holiday event stuff done in a day across all of my characters. With WoW, it was always just a grind with a time-limit to get the things - and multiple achievements that you had to do all sorts of inane things within the same window of time (such as winning X PvP matches with your orphan following you around or something). Not to mention there were several where you had to choose one item out of three or something, so that meant you had to wait until it came back around twice more before you could get everything.

Meanwhile, the FFXIV ones involve just completing the event quest for the achievement, you can get everything if you'd really like to usually with minimal (if tedious) effort, and you could have it all done in an hour or two instead of spending days farming the Headless Horseman instance to get that one unique weapon you wanted.

This year: Three new swimsuit items, a windchime and some fireworks.  All the rest is recycled from last year.

That's not correct. We got three yukatas the last year; the other items (including the other three yukatas) were from 1.0 as far as I know. The dance also was from 1.0. And it's very good that they are adding old items, because there are many new players or new characters who didn't have the chance to get those items before. What's more, this year's event items are dyeable, unlike the last year.

We didn't get a dance this year, but we recently got a brofist emote and we're getting new sitting poses shortly.

Honestly, with all the things SE is giving us, seeing people complain about how nothing is ever good enough feels really unfair @_@

So I had to add my two cents; I love this year's event, and I appreciate all the hard work SE is putting into this game.

Edit: What Edda said, haha.

3 Yukatas and the swimsuits with shorts were 1.0

the swimsuit sets that are manthongs were the first 2.x Moonfire faire event.

the other 3 yukatas were the second 2.x Moonfire faire event.

All of the events recycle stuff....