The Sacramentum - Bi-Weekly IC Primal Hunting - Wednesdays 10 pm EST/7 pm PST

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we got a problem.

According to this post: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/ded8de1968b2e12f896860178754bfc18e646430

There will be a maintenance on all worlds starting October 19th at 5 pm PDT, which basically means that at least 2 hours before Sacramentum time, the maintenance starts and it won't be done at least until 3 am PDT.

Which means we may have to move this week's Sacramentum date.

EDIT: To be honest I don't really want to push it back another whole week. Like Tuesday instead would be fine for me, but I'm fairly open, though I don't know about others. I know during the weekend might not be the best due to Grindstone and Runestone, unless you do it much earlier in the day.

Wouldn't it be possible to push back the time of the Sacramentum to another day this week instead of pushing it back a whole week?

Just wondering, but I admit I really was impatient to do that RP ^^;

EDIT: I realized I got an extra question I had been wondering about. While obviously Extreme Primals would mean the main known ones, what about Odin? He has a trial for lvl 50, though he doesn't have an extreme mode.

I had thought about Phoenix and Bahamut as well, but these two are kinda along the lines of 'gone' and cannot exactly show up again through the conventional means used by the other primals.

That makes me wonder about how exactly we would be facing Shiva since she was summoned by Iceheart.

I'd rather push it back a week than complicate things with conflicting events on other days or schedules that won't work out for people that are already signed up. Like I say every week though, I'm always open for alternative scheduling options for people that have trouble showing up on mondays, you guys have to let me know when is convenient for you. :)

In any event, I've rescheduled this event for the 26th, and I've signed up Reiner in the last spot (No idea what class you are though Reiner!). So despite the delay, we should be on for next monday!

I'd rather push it back a week than complicate things with conflicting events on other days or schedules that won't work out for people that are already signed up. Like I say every week though, I'm always open for alternative scheduling options for people that have trouble showing up on mondays, you guys have to let me know when is convenient for you. :)

In any event, I've rescheduled this event for the 26th, and I've signed up Reiner in the last spot (No idea what class you are though Reiner!). So despite the delay, we should be on for next monday!

Scholar, apologies

EDIT: I realized I got an extra question I had been wondering about. While obviously Extreme Primals would mean the main known ones, what about Odin? He has a trial for lvl 50, though he doesn't have an extreme mode.

I had thought about Phoenix and Bahamut as well, but these two are kinda along the lines of 'gone' and cannot exactly show up again through the conventional means used by the other primals.

That makes me wonder about how exactly we would be facing Shiva since she was summoned by Iceheart.

Odin is considered a primal, he is on the list, and he's coming up real soon. He doesn't have an EX difficulty, but we'd just face him on the difficulty they've made available to us as is.

There are some other fun ones to consider too. Gilgamesh and Enkidu, for example. Enkidu is technically a Primal, so that one is an option, although there are some funny story implications with that one. And that's a bit on the easy side.

Phoenix and Bahamut might be sort of an "end of season" thing, where we've done every other primal, and we do a series of runs from week to week through Coil, starting with Twintania.

Shiva is a hard one. I can't come up with a good justification to fight her ICly, but at the same time, I'd hate to miss out on it, because it's a great EX Primal fight.

Odin is considered a primal, he is on the list, and he's coming up real soon. He doesn't have an EX difficulty, but we'd just face him on the difficulty they've made available to us as is.

There are some other fun ones to consider too. Gilgamesh and Enkidu, for example. Enkidu is technically a Primal, so that one is an option, although there are some funny story implications with that one. And that's a bit on the easy side.

Phoenix and Bahamut might be sort of an "end of season" thing, where we've done every other primal, and we do a series of runs from week to week through Coil, starting with Twintania.

Shiva is a hard one. I can't come up with a good justification to fight her ICly, but at the same time, I'd hate to miss out on it, because it's a great EX Primal fight.

Oh, nice to hear about Odin coming up. I really love participating in the Sacramentum, because it gives a lot of big RP progression for my Summoner character as she essentially can attune herself to each of the primals after they are defeated, which slowly helps improve her powers and skills.

But yeah, I realized I forgot about Enkidu. I guess due to the generally comical attitude of the Hildibrand quest stories, it made it easy to forget about Enkidu being a primal...sorta.

As for Shiva, I would definitively want to face her as well, and I would agree on the thought of how she could be 'brought back' like the other primals. A thought I had would basically be some mad heretics that basically disagree with the way things have gone in the MSQ and just want to summon Shiva, maybe in a way to bring back Iceheart through that way, so she leads them to defeat Ishgard. Something along those lines basically.

The biggest issue I see about Phoenix and Bahamut, is that not only are those two 'gone', as in, no one has bothered trying to summon them again(like the other primals), and the other issue is the huge secrecy related to the Binding Coils. It's obvious knowledge of what happened within the Binding Coils would have been kept heavily guarded by the Leveilleur siblings and Urianger, for obvious reasons.

The Sacramentum - October 26, 2015

Target: Leviathan

The Oathsworn:

Tank 1: Saraj Malqir, Dark Knight

Tank 2: Toff Vaughnn, Warrior

Healer 1: Mirien Lahar, Scholar

Healer 2: Reiner Dorn, Scholar

Damage Dealer 1: Jana Ridah, Monk

Damage Dealer 2: Mister Mask, Black Mage

Damage Dealer 3: Adalhaid Rask, Monk

Damage Dealer 4: Tatsumi Hanateru, Summoner

Result: Victory!

Looks like we got another maintenance coming tonight, but fortunately, it will be 3 hours after the Sacramentum's time, which should leave us plenty of time to do it before maintenance.

EDIT: I've also noticed(and someone else) that we have yet to have received a confirmation message of the location for gathering for the event.

Would I be right in guessing the meeting might occur at Quarrymill, since it's the closest location to Urth's Gift?

EDIT2 : I think that in case we still haven't received news from Saraj, that we still go on ahead and gather up to Quarrymill and proceed with the event as it should be. I'm sure that even without Saraj being available, the rest of us could most likely go on and RP the event for the rest of those available.