Ja'rhem Khalaa [confidence artist, thief, gun-for-hire]

Yummy, yummy formatting.

Have a bump; I can't stay away from that good ol' classic scoundrel.

Appreciated, friend! There's nothing like them folk for me; the jackmen and the blackguards, the amusers and the cleave-hounds, fellows with murder writ along their hearts, the ambit of their spines. Bewraithed in sin and bordering on feral, ecstasy there!

If you're looking for further street connections, feel free to snag me in game!

Yummy, yummy formatting.

Appreciated, friend! There's nothing like them folk for me; the jackmen and the blackguards, the amusers and the cleave-hounds, fellows with murder writ along their hearts, the ambit of their spines. Bewraithed in sin and bordering on feral, ecstasy there!

I'm curious: who are your writing influences? It tastes familiar but I can't quite place it.

Yummy, yummy formatting.

I'm curious: who are your writing influences?  It tastes familiar but I can't quite place it.

Cormac McCarthy mostly, but there are touches of Nabokov, Steinbeck, Lovecraft (though that I've definitely tapered a lot off of, I'm honestly not a huge fan anymore), and my own sort of twist on things. I enjoy the dialects of the impoverished, likewise, so anything peddler's french/thieves' cant is greatly admired. I'm all about dirty realism.

I can't stress Cormac McCarthy enough, though. Blood Meridian is something more akin to a literary Bible for me, admittedly. xD I recognize he's not for everyone, but he's perfect for me. I appreciate the brutality, the starkness of his violence. The rawness. I feel like his presentation of humanity as a violent, savage creature is something I immediately fell in love with, and his admittance to their will of cruelty and barbarism.

Also, I guess some poetry I've stumbled through on tumblr has inspired me too. I can talk more in depth of literary influences elsewhere if you're interested in hearing more!

Ooh, I'm totally in! bouncy.gif

I would love for Dyani to start making some connections and this sounds right about perfect, if you're up for meeting a self-tribe-removed, morally grey, very snarky Miqo who enjoys jewelry, money, and toying with people. 

Lemme know!

Cormac McCarthy mostly, but there are touches of Nabokov, Steinbeck, Lovecraft (though that I've definitely tapered a lot off of, I'm honestly not a huge fan anymore), and my own sort of twist on things. I enjoy the dialects of the impoverished, likewise, so anything peddler's french/thieves' cant is greatly admired. I'm all about dirty realism.

I can't stress Cormac McCarthy enough, though. Blood Meridian is something more akin to a literary Bible for me, admittedly. xD I recognize he's not for everyone, but he's perfect for me. I appreciate the brutality, the starkness of his violence. The rawness. I feel like his presentation of humanity as a violent, savage creature is something I immediately fell in love with, and his admittance to their will of cruelty and barbarism.

Do you recommend any of his works? The description you gave of his stuff very much tickles the pickle.

Anyway, I think it'd be fantastic for him and Nara to meet. She's a hunter and we could have him steal her spoils or something. That, and maybe she could employ him to dig up some dirt on people.

Ooh, I'm totally in! bouncy.gif

I would love for Dyani to start making some connections and this sounds right about perfect, if you're up for meeting a self-tribe-removed, morally grey, very snarky Miqo who enjoys jewelry, money, and toying with people. 

Lemme know!

Always looking for some guttertrash to mingle with! I'll send you a PM! :3

Do you recommend any of his works? The description you gave of his stuff very much tickles the pickle.

Anyway, I think it'd be fantastic for him and Nara to meet. She's a hunter and we could have him steal her spoils or something. That, and maybe she could employ him to dig up some dirt on people.

Snagged and done! I look forward to this RP a-brewing! :3

As an aside, thanks for all the love on the thread, guys! Keep it coming, I'm ravenous and these teeth are made for chompin'!

Sounds pretty interesting. If you want to rp something feel free to hit me up. I'm Ashwyn Starsteel in game and on pretty frequently. I'm also up for anything you'd like to do. I'm also a leader for my fc so if you want to be contracted that's definitely a possibility, being pirates and all. ^^

Sounds pretty interesting. If you want to rp something feel free to hit me up. I'm Ashwyn Starsteel in game and on pretty frequently. I'm also up for anything you'd like to do. I'm also a leader for my fc so if you want to be contracted that's definitely a possibility, being pirates and all. ^^

Omg, yiiiiis. I will snag you as soon as I see you in game, friend. I'd love to be given some jobs. :D And naturally, more contacts in general for Rhemmy are great.

• 1 year later...

Ja'rhem's player is one of the most creative and in depth role players I've ever known. Not to mention, a real sweetheart of a person.  :love:

If anyone is looking for a new acquaintance or an ingenious addition to your story, come find him!

-Kai (Rovella)

Omg Roveeeeeella you are forever too sweet. ;-; What a pleasant surprise to see you here, I super especially appreciate this post and I'm glad to have your continual support. >///< You da best.

"He spends a month in Drybone. The young man drinks too much, sleeps too little, and laughs too loudly."

Capering with Ja'rhem is some of the best fun I've had in RP for a long time, and your roleplay balances lightheartedness, humour, and tragedy in a way that makes it extremely compelling. Highly recommended!