Ja'rhem Khalaa [confidence artist, thief, gun-for-hire]

[align=center]9SItLEl.jpg

J a ' r h e m   K h a l a a

FV9iCUm.jpg[/align]

Ja’rhem stands at the threshold of a burnt-out house at the edge of the world. His bright-eyed stare floats in the predawn dark, wild with mischief. He shoulders his rifle and smiles and even in the blackness he is beautiful in youth, even as that youth starts to fade. Like a parchment beginning to yellow and crack at the edges. Once a slumdog, he has cast off his sandals for the boots of the road like some wayward soldier of dirt, carapaced in leather and dragging in whorls of chaff kicking about his feet. 

He is in the north, lean and wolf-like and stooped in the shadows of great trees. Skulking in the backdrop of a world rent in war. He watches it unravel. He spits. Three weeks later he sits in a desert canyon beneath a sky littered in stars. He cranes up to see and his throat tells a story of violence and garrote-wire. There is a woman there now, one of many on the road. He speaks quietly to her and his broken grin is full of lies and ill-kept promises. 

He spends a month in Drybone. The young man drinks too much, sleeps too little, and laughs too loudly like it might push back the nightmares or a night that will not end. His two fists are like icons, busted and bruised, tools of worship for some other day, but not this day. A gold-capped canine grin works around a cigarette, around a blackpowder flask in the pitch of battle, around litanies of vaulted thieves cant and drives of poetry and good-humor. He moves with a heartache grace. 

He is a suzerain of rats.

[align=center]KKi4coV.jpg[/align]

[align=center]N a m e: Ja'rhem Khalaa

P r o f e s s i o n: Confidence artist, thief, bruiser, gun-for-hire.

P r o f i l e: Here[/align]

[align=center]FV9iCUm.jpg[/align]

[align=center]ShCouZz.jpg[/align]

Clients: Ja'rhem exists in a moment of limbo. His crew gone, he floats among the populace seeking odd-jobs to feed him throughout the day-by-day, whether that be a more permanent job or a one-off, either as a guild or a sole proprietor, I'm interested in hearing from you!

"Strays": Though ultimately disillusioned, Ja'rhem is not without a nugget of gold in his heart, and this goes double for his people. He has a built-in need to offer succour to the down-trodden miqo'te who have strayed likewise from their tribes.

Tribal Miqo'te: Ja'rhem is repressed. He quietly sneers down the bridge of his nose at the "dying breed" of his ancestry, and I would love to see him interact with his tribal counterparts to soften his worldview. 

Adventure in the Picaresque: Though historically a city-dwelling slumdog, after the collapse of his friend and client network, Ja'rhem has hit the road seemingly in some drive for purpose. He keeps moving to avoid his memories. Feel free to meet him in the dust and the dirt!

"Victims": Between the more legitimate ventures of grunt-work and labour, Ja'rhem pads his meagre income with petty, one-shot cons. Want to be conned, exploited, robbed, or even catch him in the act? I'd be more than happy to play the scoundrel that does it.

Everything Else!: Seriously. Any scenario, don't be shy and don't hesitate to bring ideas to me that don't fit into these narrow suggestions above. Looking for anything long-term, short-term, et cetera!

If any of these options interest you, please either private message me here, on my Discord (Murderhouse#3480), or in game under Ja'rhem Khalaa.

If you happen to see me around, give me a tell.

The pickpocketing approach might not work with Virara, but she is naive enough that a sly guy like him might be able to con her somehow. She's a bit dangerous to run afoul of, but nothing you probably wouldn't welcome. xD

If you happen to see me around, give me a tell.

The pickpocketing approach might not work with Virara, but she is naive enough that a sly guy like him might be able to con her somehow. She's a bit dangerous to run afoul of, but nothing you probably wouldn't welcome. xD

This sounds incredible I am so down with this! I will definitely snag you on my friends, me compañero!

Hey there! Val would likely make a decent contact for him, as he's pretty uncouth and is a tribal Miqo'te (though he isn't exactly tribal anymore).

I also have Vincent, a Turk, who works for the Gold Saucer and does some things. They act as a fence for thieves and often hire them to do dirty work that they don't want to get caught doing themselves.

Melfice could probably hire him to do some dirty work/steal some things.

Cyrus Mulano works as psuedo-law enforcement. He isn't actually hired, but he's trying his best to be a free paladin!

You could use Vallois, my Elezen, as a victim if need be or just another contact. Either way, I'm sure we could maybe get something going :) feel free to drop me a line on the forums or in game sometime! Some of my characters have wikis if you wish to check them out!

I'd love to RP with you, whether as a victim or as a contact. Adelle's used to working with the poor, being a former nun, and I can see her being willing to patch up bruises if he's willing to endure the occasional lecture, lol.

Yiiiiis, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. You are a boon, my friend. This poor mendicant could use some nurturing hands without the funds to pay a proper barber surgeon. Going to PM you! :3

Just want to say this guy sounds like a lot of fun.  I have a couple of good-aligned characters that probably wouldn't mesh well, but just wanted to leave a compliment anyway!  I'll try to say hi if I ever see you ingame!

Ahhhh, that's always really nice to hear, honestly. :3 I'm glad you think so, and mesh well or not it'll be neat if they ever bump into each other!

Sigurd approves of "Kingsley-Mazes" and his incredibly thick-accented, witty dialogue.  It was a blast meeting you IC last evening, and I look forward to the RP adventures!

Haha, I appreciate it! I was very much not in my skin last night so sorry if the responses were slow like molasses (and uninventive), but yus. :3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the idea and thought put into all of this!  Send a ping my way if you ever want to deal with a journalist with an unhealthy curiosity and desire to go chasing rumors~

((btw, you don't have any identifiers or points of contact on your LS profile that I saw))

I love the idea and thought put into all of this!  Send a ping my way if you ever want to deal with a journalist with an unhealthy curiosity and desire to go chasing rumors~

((btw, you don't have any identifiers or points of contact on your LS profile that I saw))

Aaaaaah, thank you and I'm super super sorry for the slow response, friend! :3 Haven't actually logged onto this site in a few days! That being said, that sounds super awesome and thanks for the heads-up! Sending PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Your character looks really well thought-out, and I adore your writing style. I'd love to roleplay with you some time. Haydn'to is a pickpocket, however not very good at it, so I'd be happy for him to try lifting off of Ja'rhem and facing the consequences. Alternatively, he has a penchant for landing himself in trouble, so also happy for him to be a victim! Need to toughen him up a little bit, anyway. If you see me online feel free to add me, my username is Haydn'to Kalmar!