Critical Hit

Oscare

So all we know those moments when you get a really sick (5.1k Sidewinder <3) nasty crticals in boss battles. They make you feel cool and strong, especially when they break off like 5% of HP off of a trash mob. Those moments are cool.

But what roleplay? You don't see big bold numbers in the game naturally when you emote an epic sword stab, or land a shot right between the eyes... unless we create them with our minds and words.

What's one moment where you think your character is in tip top shape, never could be better, and could take on the world and in just one single emote, they're suddenly faced with life or death? In just one emote, a day filled with rainbows and sunshine would soon change your entire world? It could be emotional, such as your long time lover comes home and says "I'm sorry, I don't love you anymore." as the first thing they say. Or mental, such as losing your whole life's memories?

Or maybe those really light hearted critical hits, such as comic relief. Your character said something so dumb, their friend just turns around slaps your thought process out of the atmosphere! (Sound familiar, Agents? Or should I say 'Weenie Squad'?) Or they embarrassingly trip in front og all their friends in the middle of the Quicksand?

For me, one of these moments was when Franz literally /cleaved/ Oscare's chest wide open with a throwing axe in kust on emote! All for the sake of getting him to talk?! Rude I say!

For her, the life or death situation was when she was captured by an acquaintance of her unsavory master. She got paralyzed by a neurotoxin and maimed with razor wire. Virara is very talented, well-trained and skilled, but she lacks emotional maturity as well as experience. So for someone accustomed to winning or at least putting up a fight, being totally helpless was a horrific experience for her. Though she'd suffered defeat before and never liked it, she'd never been totally crushed like that. Even now she can't handle being bound or restrained anymore.

Ashe got himself nearly killed after slipping on ice during a battle >> And someone else in his company almost got killed by the same turd Dragoon (said with love >.> )

He also got a head injury yesterday...

And....I donno...Ashe gets hurt a lot despite being pretty strong >>

Woah Dante, what a Rasputinian, er, not death.

Being tough and prone to jobbing, Virara takes a lot of punishment for a tiny Lala on a regular basis. I think the worst was when multiple Fc and personal plots piled up and she was in and out of the infirmary for weeks... I would have preferred more time betwwen each event but that's just how it was.

My WoW main, a nasty Nelf DK named Zumoktaga, once got hold of both of the arms of a human who tried to start a bar fight.  At nearly nine feet tall and weighing in at over 400 lbs, Zumoktaga pulled until his arms came off.

I haven't had the pleasure of IC combat on FFXIV yet (possibly because people have better sense than to attack giant elves in bars with criminal reputations in this game).

OMG. Okay...this is my favorite one.

So this was Wildstar in my Exile merc guild.

We were out in Aurin territory with all kind of flowers and plants and shiz.

We get ambushed by Dominion soldiers.

My character is a sexy warrior man who used to live in the Dominion home world until he was framed.

His sword is a chainsaw sword.

Get this: We're in the fight, and turns out one of the Dommies is a former ex of my main, Larson. I roll a crit, and turn up the shock value- Larson grabs the soldier around the waist, leans in really close....and kisses him long and hard. As the kiss happens, Larson slides his chainsaw sword along the ground and positions it between the other man's legs.

*vroom*

*screaming*

*blood*

It was a literary act of ultra-violence with heavy descriptors and oh so satisfying.

OMG. Okay...this is my favorite one.

So this was Wildstar in my Exile merc guild.

We were out in Aurin territory with all kind of flowers and plants and shiz.

We get ambushed by Dominion soldiers.

My character is a sexy warrior man who used to live in the Dominion home world until he was framed.

His sword is a chainsaw sword.

Get this: We're in the fight, and turns out one of the Dommies is a former ex of my main, Larson. I roll a crit, and turn up the shock value- Larson grabs the soldier around the waist, leans in really close....and kisses him long and hard. As the kiss happens, Larson slides his chainsaw sword along the ground and positions it between the other man's legs.

*vroom*

*screaming*

*blood*

It was a literary act of ultra-violence with heavy descriptors and oh so satisfying.

Unfortunately, nobody decided to piss off Houngan Seeger to the point where I could boil their skin off or do any of the myriad crazy shit his scary witch-doctor-y-ness could do.  People were surprisingly nice to him...