Halloween Candy

Miss Gaz

Thoreaux:

Little pieces of paper with helpful advice like,

"Get a job."

or

"Invest in your future."

Actually I realized Thoreaux might also give out those mysterious strawberry candies that appear in a bowl in old peoples houses with no explanation as to where they came from, how they got there, or how many years they have been there.

Obviously Thoreaux should hand out the strawberry candies wrapped in the advice papers. Then they'd be like Halloween fortune cookies. Fortune candies. Whatever.

You know those candies from Harry Potter? The chocolate frogs that actually jump, the pepper imps that let you breathe fire, exploding bon-bons? Yep. That's totally L'yhta's speed, assuming she herself isn't out trick-or-treating ("What? I /like/ dressing up, and! It's free sweets!"). :roll:

If we're talking more plausible choices, she'd try to get some really fancy mini-cakes and cookies from the Bismarck and the Carbuncle Café and hand those out -- giving two or more to those with really nifty costumes. On the other hand, it's likely she'd run out before the end of the night, having consumed some herself...

• 3 weeks later...

Kara would probably hand out dipped seed-cakes or popcorn balls... right up until she found out a neighbour was handing out candy/caramel apples. And once someone manages to convince her to refrain from just going and stealing them all, she'd come up with as many costumes as possible so she could keep hitting up the same house over and over.

Gara would set up one of those unattended candy bowls with a sign that reads "Take ONE."

No, it's not rigged with a skeleton hand that springs up at unsuspecting kids... but she IS lurking in the shadows, disguised as another festive spooky decoration. If any child dares try and take more than one piece, she leaps up and yells about them being greedy little buggers before running them off.

Jancis didn't grow up with sweets beyond fruits. Even though she's been beset by cake constantly where she lives and other confections there's a fondness in particular to them still.

She also doesn't use ovens (which is an annoying restriction) for various reasons, so to mix the two I think she would hand out sticks with candied fruit. I can see her not even waiting inside the door, being out on the lawn and eventually walking home to home to pass them out costumes or not.

[align=center]1000481784.jpg[/align]

>Virara receives a small bag's worth of candy.

"More."

>The resident chuckles to himself and graciously plops a generous mound of mixed chocolates and sweet drops.

"More."

"Now now, you need to leave some for the other children."

"Where is the meat? Why are you only offering dessert?"

"Uh..."

"Why are the children dressed up? If I wear a butcher costume, will I get meat?"

"... You aren't a pirate?"

"I do not understand. Give me more. I will not be able to train tomorrow without a larger meal."

Likewise, if she was giving out candy, which she honestly probably wouldn't, it'd be like all hot jalapeno flavor.

If someone said "Trick or Treat," she'll hand youngin's an orange and offer adults a shot of >90 proof whiskey.

If someone said "Treat or Trick," she'll hand them the most glorious of all treats to grace Eorzea; one treat to rule them all... A MARS BAR!

Mars_bar_bitten.jpg

The kid tried something new and should get rewarded for it.