QQ Queue

Finally got in when the queue was at a little over 77 minutes. Yuck! But, Stone Vigil (Hard) complete! 

50 minutes is a weird queue for Sastasha, the low level ones have always popped fast.

Speaking of, Sastasha (Hard) is now next on my list... wheeeee. Wonder what my queue time will look like this time.

[align=center]See, THIS is why I'm a Tank [/align]

[align=center]n.n[/align]

See: My signature for why this is not a good trade-off.

My favorite thing is the half second brake you take to adjust in your seat or take a drink and how evidently that translates to.

"OH GOD HE'S HAVING A HEART ATTACK, EVERYONE RUN AHEAD AND CLEAR THE REST OF THE DUNGEON IMMEDIATELY OR ELSE HE'LL DIE FOR REALSIES GUYS."

Sastasha! That's the one!

It might have been because it was 11pm est? I dunno. Still not sure the peak hours yet.

I mean, I did Tam-Tara Deepcroft (woot for Cthulhu looking boss!) and it only took about 12 minutes for queue. :) (Got my first commendation last night too! Probably because I was on 'save the healer' detail when tank agro slipped. xD)

I might try tank or healer later on when I'm a little more confident.

I think 11pm EST might, might be getting towards the later hours. My DPS queues tend to be ~10-30 minutes depending on melee or ranged. Tank queues are instant or about 10 seconds. I stopped queueing as a healer so I am not quite sure on that one.

I find that the trick to popping long queues is to either craft something expensive or fly out to the middle of nowhere with the intention of hitting an unspoiled node.

Pretty sure it's going to use the restroom / getting up for reasons.

Edit: "Oh I've been in this queue long time. I can leave for 2 minutes." DING *comes back* "NOOOOO"

Sometimes I regret being a tank.

Because then I got spoiled by the queue times.

Then there are the ones that pop.

But what's this? one other guy isn't ready yet. Bett--- hahaha he withdrew. Usually another dps or the damned healer.

hahaha I'm back to a 0/1 0/1 1/2 readout.

*goes to wait another hour + half*

*sobs in the corner*

Carne armum ergo sum.  

Carne armum can translate as "meat shield" which is a good enough definition of what tanks are asked to do.  So the phrase can mean, "I tank, therefore I am."

And short queue times for tanks are very, very sweet and I'm usually warmly welcomed.

I waited 45 mins for Steps of Faith last night. I was so angry because all of it was waiting on the tanks. And the first two times party filled, a deep didn't confirm.

Always pisses me off when a dps does not confirm. Like seriously, you should be the first person jamming that accept button.

I waited 45 mins for Steps of Faith last night. I was so angry because all of it was waiting on the tanks. And the first two times party filled, a deep didn't confirm.

Always pisses me off when a dps does not confirm. Like seriously, you should be the first person jamming that accept button.

As long as we're complaining about dps, it really grinds my gears when a DPS criticizes the tank or healer. I'm like, pls you have one job and it isn't a hard one. Shut up and spank the monsters.

Oh and then the tanks who leave the dungeon after dying once and blaming the rest of the party. If you healer is healing and can't keep up, you are either pulling too much or not using your buffs.

Finally finished unlocking all the dungeons in the High Level Roulette except for Snowcloak and Keeper of the Lake (I'm progressing through the MSQ with another player and we're not quite to those yet). Throughout all of these, it's always been waiting-on-tanks.

I've also noticed that a surprising number of tanks don't make use of target marking... I'm pretty good at keeping on the correct target anyway, but I had some groups where even at the level we were at, the other DPS kept grabbing the wrong mob.

Seems like the developers need to add some tank incentives, though. Right now, for example, I'm in the Main Story Roulette and it's 2/2 healers and 4/4 DPS but zero tanks. The Adventurer In Need bonus is nice but if you're 60 already and don't have much use for GC seals... I dunno. 

You know, they could give a different kind of tokens for the Adventurer In Need bonus, instead of exp and GC seals... and let them be turned in either for GC seals or untradeable exp boost potions. the advantage there is that if you want seals still you could get seals, and if you want exp for your tank class you could get it... but... the boost potion could be used on other classes on the same character, too. so if you wanted to level a second class, it'd be beneficial to switch to your 60 tank class and run a few roulettes.

I've also noticed that a surprising number of tanks don't make use of target marking... I'm pretty good at keeping on the correct target anyway, but I had some groups where even at the level we were at, the other DPS kept grabbing the wrong mob.

I rarely see tanks mark targets, unless there are specific mechanics involved, and it usually works out okay. As a DPS I just target whatever the other DPS is targetting, and the tank manages to take care of any threat management somehow.