Interesting Astrologian bit

Pretty sure that's Stolas, one of the A-Rank hunt marks in the Dravanian Hinterlands. I recognized the description of the owl; it's almost exactly the same one that the Centurio representative in Idylshire gives you.

I need to start paying attention more to chat in that case.

I always miss cool little tidbits because, pffft who needs to read text.

It's kinda a Sharlayan thing in general, I believe. They give imbue certain animals with great intelligence to help them do their chores or something along those lines - such as a certain witch. It's mention in a FATE or something similar, I think.

Yep, this. Gets mentioned quite a few places in the Hinterlands quests and fates.

In Sharlayan' date=' it is commonplace to make servants of animals and objects by imbuing them with intelligence.[/quote']

When abandoning their Eorzean settlement' date=' the Sharlayans left more than their tomes and their tuffets, they left their poroggo familiars, who now, after waiting patiently for their masters to return home, have decided it is time to release over thirty summers of pent up rage.[/quote']

Stolas: You'll never guess who put the bounty on Stolas's head - it was sent by a Sharlayan astrologian' date=' all the way from his homeland across the seas. He lived here before the exodus, conducting his scholarly experiments. In one such trial, he used his magicks to bind an owl to him as a familiar. The test succeeded, but by some quirk of fate, the owl gained a prodigious intelligence, outstripping even that of its master. But when the exodus came, the owl revolted. It attacked its master, stole a tome of forbidden knowledge, and escaped into the Hinterlands. It seems the tome contains secrets of such cataclysmic power that, for the safety of the realm, this owl cannot be suffered to live.[/quote']