Has anyone been to the official site to check out the changes to the front page?

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

It's a completely different look and feel.  I thought I was on the wrong website for a moment.  I'm not sure if I like it.  It reminds me of a lot of other fantasy MMOs.  But since it's becoming one of the largest, I guess it makes sense to be flashy?

I still probably would have joined FFXIV if this was the page that greeted me originally. I'm torn over whether or not the new front page is the best representation of the game's aesthetics.

What say you?

Ohh my god, my poor internets are chugging just to load the images, let alone all the other flashy stuff.

What I'm seeing so far looks really cool, though. I agree it doesn't really suit the game's aesthetic but it sure is fetching.

I still can't get over the BLM casting LB3 in Satasha with a light party. If only any Satasha run was that exciting...

It's probably a Full Party.

HqZgCLX.jpg

There's obviously 6. I believe there's an extra person in the back, a skinny WAR. So 7?

There is possibly a sch in the background because why have a freaking light party of 7 when you can have a full party with 2 healers and 2 tanks and 4 DPS D:

I still can't get over the BLM casting LB3 in Satasha with a light party. If only any Satasha run was that exciting...

HqZgCLX.jpg

There's obviously 6. I believe there's an extra person in the back, a skinny WAR. So 7?

There is possibly a sch in the background because why have a freaking light party of 7 when you can have a full party with 2 healers and 2 tanks and 4 DPS D:

Man I kinda wanna just do that now, drop the nuke onto a level 16 boss, but uuh yeah, I guess they just wanted to take something as least spoilery and seeming this is the first boss?

HqZgCLX.jpg

Man I kinda wanna just do that now, drop the nuke onto a level 16 boss, but uuh yeah, I guess they just wanted to take something as least spoilery and seeming this is the first boss?

This was from the promotional 2.0 stuff when they showed off the limit breaks, likely the party mechanics had nothing to do with it.