Anima Weapons and You: A Guide for Killing Yourself Again

Square is seriously trying to make everyone regret doing these weapons.

For example, if Alexander (Savage) weapons were item level 215, then we could have shortened the amount of time it takes to reach item level 210. As for the lifespan of Anima weapons that everyone is concerned about, we will make adjustments to their overall lifespan. We will make updates on Anima weapon in Patch 3.25 and Patch 3.3.

However, Patch 3.25 will likely focus more on adjustments, while the large update to this quest will occur in Patch 3.3.

So we will bust our asses to finish a 210 weapon that will be immediately outclassed by 3.2, and won't see upgrades to it until 3.3. Th-thanks...?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be better if we were at least promised that they would have some sort of noticeable, tangible advantage over other weapons at at least some point in their development.

But from what I can tell we don't even have that yet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's the opposite. They'll be worthless through the duration of 3.2x and won't see a raise until 3.3, when there will be a pile of chores to complete to raise it to the level of 3.2 weapons.

I mean, I know the original relic quest was stepladdered to never actually meet Coil weapons until the final stage, but come on now. The only reason to do this is because you want the shiny, it has absolutely zero viability as a weapon as it is currently implemented.

Square is seriously trying to make everyone regret doing these weapons.

For example, if Alexander (Savage) weapons were item level 215, then we could have shortened the amount of time it takes to reach item level 210. As for the lifespan of Anima weapons that everyone is concerned about, we will make adjustments to their overall lifespan. We will make updates on Anima weapon in Patch 3.25 and Patch 3.3.

However, Patch 3.25 will likely focus more on adjustments, while the large update to this quest will occur in Patch 3.3.

So we will bust our asses to finish a 210 weapon that will be immediately outclassed by 3.2, and won't see upgrades to it until 3.3. Th-thanks...?

Square's been striking out since HW released, gat damn.

• 3 months later...

I'd be happy if they actually gave us a PvE weapon to grind for that didn't involve crafting. :| But yeah, at least with Atma grind there was this neat story behind it. I kinda wish we'd just kept upgrading our Atma/Zeta. They were unique. These new things are just palette swaps of poetics weapons with the ugliest glow effect ever conceived.

I mean, let's not pretend that the original questline was terribly more substantial, but... I don't know, even when it was grinding it wasn't just "now save a fuckload of currency that you have no use for." The closest that came was when collecting books (which brought their own new UI thing, series of objectives and presentation) or collecting bombarb cores, which took 80,000 GC seals but came as a by-product of lotting the worthless greens while grinding out the rest of the objectives.

I think my issue is that these quests feel like they lack gravity? We were recreating lost relics before, or we were rebuilding legendary weapons wielded by long-gone heroes. This questline is just... Gerolt being Gerolt, Rowena being Rowena, and an annoying know-it-all NPC telling us we should make stuff.

It does reveal that other people know about the Echo, but whoopity doo. I might just be jaded.

That, and let's be honest. I'd rather grind for Excalibur, or Ragnarok than..the weapon I can buy with poetics but  upgradeable. I mean if I wanted that, I'd just grind current content and glamour my poetics weapon overtop of it. Hell, I thought the Zeta weapons looked damn cool and they were truly epic legendary weapons. Then they were trash, and this new crap came out. One thing I liked about XI over XIV is legendary weapons got a lot more respect. The ones we got are just throwaways like all other obsolete gear. And that made me sad.

Either way, this step is pretty dang easy!  But the weapons it makes are...(arguably) very ugly depending on which weapon you have....the aesthetic of dark red ribbon over bright gold light on many of the weapons or just about any color that doesn't match that color ribbon...yeah, not sure about that.  Those who are getting the DRK weapon or say, the AST weapon, pretty dang cool looking!

Kinda miffed they gave the AST weapon a name that's more iconic of Ogre Battle, but it's to be expected considering there's only so much mythology you can pick from. Especially after the Tactics Ogre Valerian gear.

OH WAIT.

BTW :

- New step can be grinded for prior to completing previous step.

- Crystal Tower Weekly (aka Carbontwerk) is 300 Poetics Min., 450 with bonus, aka almost one Unidentified Bone/Unidentified Shell

- It'll take either of : 5 weeks of Carbontwerking, 5x1800 Esoterics or a combination of the two to complete this step.