Tarot Cards - Minor Cards Progress: 5/57

Zaheela

Which version would you be interested in  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which version would you be interested in

• What is already made is OK.
    • I want to actually be able to make fortune predictions with the set!
    • Muffins.

So, I've got a rather weird question for the former winners of the tarot cards. I'm sure some of you already have been contacted, but with my schedule and the existence of alts, I figure a post will be faster then climbing onto a tall bookcase and waiting to attack you on sight.

See, I've been considering making physical cards of the tarot set themselves.

J8M1wLu.jpg?1

(Sample print)

So I wanted to clear with the winners if you are comfortable with me printing out these cards for the sets. If you do not, please contact me and I will remove the card from the set. This doesn't mean that I will be giving these to someone else in a contest, I will simply create a new card, at whim, to insert into the printed set.

Also, for everyone else, if you were to purchase a set (I figure it'd be about 20 dollars), would you prefer the set as is (30 cards) or would rather me create the other cards missing. The issue with this 2nd option is that it will take me at least 1 and a half months to do, if not longer if my job doesn't play nice.

KeUGaBV.png

We've already talked, so you know I'm fine with you including C'kayah (and Setoh) in this.

I would buy a set of these cards in an instant. I, personally, would prefer a full tarot set, but I know that's signing you up for a bunch of extra work. If it makes any difference, I would happily pay more than $20 for these. I could easily see paying more like $40-50 for a set of these.

I absolutely don't mind you using Siha's card in the set, you put so much loving work into these that you absolutely should use them I think! I would also buy a set of them in a heartbeat, they're all so wonderful and it would just be very cool to have on hand too. Personally I'm ok with just the cards there but that's because I'd just have them for the sake of...well having them!

Hoooooboy, so it seems that the majority wants me to make an actual working tarot set. This means drawing 57 new cards (I guess this means Gus' kings of sword is now officially the king of swords). I will continue to try and find the rest of the card holders, but If it comes close to ordering time, I will keep them in the printing, though if they have issue, i will remove them until I say that the grace period is over.

No, I won't be running another contest for the other 57... I'd most likely run into oncoming traffic from all the stress. The King, queen, and jack will be more or less picked at random, maybe in a blind, come find me situation, unless people would rather me run a contest for those 11.... not sure, I have no spine.

Here goes nothing.

Hoooooboy, so it seems that the majority wants me to make an actual working tarot set. This means drawing 57 new cards (I guess this means Gus' kings of sword is now officially the king of swords). I will continue to try and find the rest of the card holders, but If it comes close to ordering time, I will keep them in the printing, though if they have issue, i will remove them until I say that the grace period is over.

No, I won't be running another contest for the other 57... I'd most likely run into oncoming traffic from all the stress. The King, queen, and jack will be more or less picked at random, maybe in a blind, come find me situation, unless people would rather me run a contest for those 11.... not sure, I have no spine.

Here goes nothing.

You are under no obligation to treat this as customer service; While the gesture is incredibly nice and we all understand that you're wanting to be as flexible as possible, it's important to remember that you created dozens of awesome works of art already for free. You don't have to do 57 others also for free. Why not compromise? Do the set as it is now, and then maybe in the future you could offer a companion-set to go with it in the same dimensions and cardbacks to complete the deck.

We all value you for what excellent work you've done thus far, but it's also important to remember that we will also drain you entirely if you let us, because everyone loves seeing themselves represented by others, especially gifted ones!

In short, don't bend over backwards for this. We'll throw money at you whether it's done or not, and we'll likely throw money at you later if you let us later. No rush, no stress.

• 1 month later...

You are under no obligation to treat this as customer service; While the gesture is incredibly nice and we all understand that you're wanting to be as flexible as possible, it's important to remember that you created dozens of awesome works of art already for free. You don't have to do 57 others also for free. Why not compromise? Do the set as it is now, and then maybe in the future you could offer a companion-set to go with it in the same dimensions and cardbacks to complete the deck.

We all value you for what excellent work you've done thus far, but it's also important to remember that we will also drain you entirely if you let us, because everyone loves seeing themselves represented by others, especially gifted ones!

In short, don't bend over backwards for this. We'll throw money at you whether it's done or not, and we'll likely throw money at you later if you let us later. No rush, no stress.

I could not agree with this harder. Further, I would absolutely pay for the set now and pay for the remaining cards later. It's well beyond worth it for such an astonishing artist.

Seriously. PLEAAAASE don't burn yourself out.

I could not agree with this harder. Further, I would absolutely pay for the set now and pay for the remaining cards later. It's well beyond worth it for such an astonishing artist.

Seriously. PLEAAAASE don't burn yourself out.

^^^^^^^