Searching for LGBT RP group

Unfortunately I can't think of any RP group that specifically concentrates on LGBT storylines. A lot of us play LGBT characters embedded in regular groups and typically weave themes in there. Eorzea is a lot more accepting of these things than other fictional universes. These themes'll show up in more light-hearted functions (e.g. - same-sex bonding) than anything else.

If that's what you're looking for then I'd just start looking for a regular group and then ask around if they've a reputation for being dicks to LGBT.

The group I'm currently a part of is obviously not adverse to the LGBT, considering the amount of same-sex relationships we have in there.

I'm not sure what an LGBT theme entails. I don't think you mean "courtesans" or ERP, right? We have plenty of both if that's what you meant. But if you just mean LGBT characters doing stuff, there are plenty around without being in specific groups for it (at least for the LGB; I've yet to met any trans characters since plenty of people OOCly accept Fantasia as a thing.)

(at least for the LGB; I've yet to met any trans characters since plenty of people OOCly accept Fantasia as a thing.)

Yo. Like half my characters are trans, lol.

I think it's just harder to pick trans characters out among strangers, so they seem less populous because they're less visible.

I think there's usually nothing outwardly about them that says "this character is trans" - like, visibly, externally, my male characters use male models (whether they're trans or cis), and my female characters use female models (whether they're trans or cis). From my lineup, it's not possible to pick out who's cis and who's trans just by looking at them (except Shuu, who uses they/them pronouns, lol).

Even people who do use female models to represent male characters and vice-versa (which is legit, btw) - it's not possible to tell if the character is actually trans, or just an effeminate/butch cis person, if the player just wanted the gender-locked outfits from the other sex, etc; until the player tells you in some fashion (be it IC or OOC).

And it's not like "hey so what are your genitals like" or "so, like, did your parents ever think you were a different gender than you actually ended up being" or "have you ever used a fantasia/had major reconstructive surgery" is a topic that comes up in casual public conversation the same way "so are you seeing anyone" is.

There's opportunities for homosexuality, bisexuality, and so on to come up in small-talk, in first time meetings, to be made obvious by the fact of cuddling or kissing a same-gender partner in public - whereas a character being transgender is usually something you'll only learn once you've known them for a while. So you've probably run into some trans characters; you just don't know it. :)

[connie voice] Or that's my interpretation, anyway.

Anyway, yeah. I think like 99% of the characters in my FC are some variation on LGBPA+ and/or non-cisgender. Quite a lot of the characters I've met out and about have a same-gender romantic partner.

Are you after...

...romance RP that follows the development and story of a same-gender couple including your character and another?

...drama RP revolving around difficulties that couples could face in a world as politically harsh as Eorzea, including same-gender couples?(*See below for clarification)

...slice-of-life RP revolving around your LBGPA+/trans character's general social life; or around helping transgender characters obtain alterations to alleviate dysphoria, and/or helping LGBPA+ characters find matches?

...action RP that happens to prominently involve LGBPA+ and trans characters?

...intrigue RP that happens to prominently involve LGBPA+ and trans characters?

...something else?

...all of the above?

Because all those things (and more I haven't thought of) could fit the bill, and you're gonna get different LS/FC recommendations for each xD

I say in my RPer profile that people should ideally enjoy LGBT+ themes if they want to enjoy RPing with me. I put that in to broadcast the fact that my RP will include characters who are LGBT+, and that I'm not really comfortable muting or removing those aspects of my character for the dubious comfort of people who dislike them.

But the RP I actually do tends to just be... RP, haha. This week just gone my character helped remove an active bomb from the underside of a deck. The week before that he was building trust with his datefriends. The week before that he was doing his dayjob as a fisherman. All of that could be described as "LGBT RP" based on the fact my character is pansexual and trans - or it could be described as action RP, romance RP, slice-of-life RP.

If you give us a storytelling genre, we'll probably know better where to point you :D

...drama RP revolving around difficulties that couples could face in a world as politically harsh as Eorzea, including same-gender couples?

No no no. Absolutely No. Please don't bring this up as a super duper storyline plot...

Homosexuality, bisexuality, is NOT a topic in Eorzea's politics, because people frankly enough do not care.

I beg you, please don't bring real life politics in a setting there it really doesn't it belong. I love Eorzea being cool about sexuality. Surely there can be gay-hating individuals, but Eorzea as a whole doesn't have an issue with any sexuality so far in lore.

I'm one of the more gritty roleplayers, but I don't go against lore. Please don't create an issues out of something progressive in this setting for a change <3 I mean, man, we got all these Eorzeans not given a fudge about sexuality for a change, and are accepting, unlike a lot of other settings and real life, why rain down onto that parade?

Please scroll down to my section on Homosexuality in Eorzea for further examples.

Interracial couples on the other hand, those are shunned from time to time, yes. Not same sex couples.

Unless, if the person was going to say that as an argument to roleplay such, and you were going to explain after about Eorzea being cool with this stuff, then kudos!

I mean, like...

"Person A and Person B aren't allowed to marry, because house politics! But they love each other!

(Also they're both dudes/both ladies, because we don't need a reason for that.)"

The same kinda drama stuff you get for straight couples.

But not happening just to straight couples.

Sorry I was unclear, my bad xD

Interracial couples on the other hand, those are shunned from time to time, yes. Not same sex couples.

Yeah, these are definitely more shunned (I'd go ahead and say a lot of peeps don't approve of the idea). Else we wouldn't have the option to even bind to same-sex.

It's not just a lot of peeps. It's said clearly by the devs that is rarely happens because most races are super wary of each other and actually live together because they have to, not because they like each other. They tolerate working with other races, but except for adventurers, most people will shun interracial relationships the same way they did IRL not even 2 centuries ago. It's not just like today where it's just frowned upon in a certain amount of places, or unconsciously disliked. It's way deeper than that.

And honestly, when you think about it, it's not just skin colour and other small phenotype variations. There is a huge world of difference between something as small as black vs white people, and the gap between roes, auri, miqo'te, lalafells...

Having recently gotten inyo Balmung, I'm eagerly looking for a group to RP with. Looking for a primarily LGBT group, but am open to others who are accepting of such players.

Hi there! As others have said, Balmung as a whole seems to be pretty much a "whatever your flavor there's something to savor" kind of place, it's really been pretty awesome. Kinda brings a little hope for the future of the real world, actually, but as the joke goes, the opposite of pro-gress is con-gress, and... well, you get the idea.

Anyway!

If you haven't yet made a lot of friends, why not make some this week? :D My friends and I would love to get to meet you and RP with your character. Our general contact info is on our FC's page here on the RPC, including a Discord server where we have a public text chat channel set up for non-FC friends who just want to chat or coordinate RP. We're also hosting a tavern night soon (event details) if you want to just drop in and say hi and have some fun. :3

We'll be looking forward to seeing you around!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! My half seeker/keeper male is homosexual, so if you see him around, feel free to approach! Hes had some bad luck with love though recently, so his emotional state might not be the best. But please feel free to contact if you'd like to have another LGBT friend/character! :3