Ruran's Art [Commissions: Closed]

Ruran

Alongside sketching way too many portraits, I've been trying to draw other things as well! A lot of these are posted on Ruran's IC tumblr, but not all of them, so I figured I'd show stuff here as well!

Also maybe commission info? ...Someday? Someday.

Sometimes I comic.

tumblr_o8w848z1Ah1vx1qhto1_r2_500.png

And test Photoshop brushes.

1467317913_Screen-Shot-2016-06-30-at-4.00.26-PM.png

1471028955_trashlizard.jpg

And draw other people's characters!

tumblr_inline_o9z0epHmC51rvkloc_500.png

tumblr_ob3zomELkB1vx1qhto1_r4_500.png

tumblr_inline_oac3ezPJpC1rvkloc_500.png

And other such sketches.

tumblr_o5gbavxtSB1remiodo1_1280.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, everyone! I will very likely be opening up commissions in a month or two, perhaps? Hmm! I'll keep you posted!

Is this a Mikh'a the Miqo'toddler I see? :surprise:

It is indeed! :D

Thanks, Chip! :D

Here's a sketch for a friend who's been seeming a little down lately. :C Also, my first time traditionally inking something in...a very long while. Feel better, Kuyoh!

KmotFx9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much everyone. ;_; I am floored by the idea of people wanting to give me money for art, hhhhh

Finished an art piece for Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa! Was a great exercise to get back in the practice of drawing full characters with full colors, and also try to exercise some detailing.

tumblr_odt2zrRtF81remiodo1_1280.jpg

Pewpewpewpew

Love it! Especially since the only references I assume are from Ilwe's reference sheets of the outfit. Very nice.

They are! Ilwe has a ton of fantastic references, which were immensely helpful. Somehow I still managed to draw the wrong tail in the initial sketch (hngh), but fortunately Ilwe caught the mistake before it went too far!

I adore it, all those details and the pose and the bow and the outfit and the boots !

And you're such a kind person too Ruran !

Thank you. ;_; This was such a fun challenge! At first I was daunted by the Shadow Bow and the decorative trim, but once I got the sketch down and started inking, it was...actually pretty relaxing. There's something nice about losing yourself in little details. I can't thank you enough!

Well, if you're able to get on right now, I'm currently mining alumen in Eastern Thanalan.

Argh, I'm actually at work right now, but I should be free when I get home. I'll send you a message, and we will plan. +_+

Drew up some new art for my characters' RPC profiles (Ruran Vas and Madoc Parnell)! Might as well post them here, since the layouts will probably change in the future.

tumblr_odwueyrIIN1remiodo1_500.png

tumblr_oe1c8r0TT81remiodo1_1280.png