Dueling

Aaron

Not sure if this is the right place, so if not, please fix it.

At any rate, this thread is really just for one thing. 

I will challenge anyone who wants, 50k a PvP 1 on 1 match against me. We can do it as many times as you want, or until one of us runs out of gil. If 50k is weak, I'll do 100k a match or possibly more. Only rule is be fair, similar ilvl, both have to agree on whether or not to use PvP skills.

SO IF YOU FEAST OR PVP AT ALL NOWS YOUR CHANCE TO LITERALLY 1v1 me for gil. Let me take your money. I've been playing Bloodborne and slaughtering invaders, now I can 1v1 in xiv? Fuck yes let's do it.

Never thought I'd see "1v1 me" again after so much time away from League. This feature seems fun but the balance is almost certainly FUBAR.

1v1 me irl im ripped

Seriously, though, how does dueling work out if you use, like, your basic abilities? Like, do people who have the PvP abilities on their bars have a distinct advantage? Or could I, say, spam Broil at Aaron until he stops moving?

Never thought I'd see "1v1 me" again after so much time away from League. This feature seems fun but the balance is almost certainly FUBAR.

1v1 me irl im ripped

Seriously, though, how does dueling work out if you use, like, your basic abilities? Like, do people who have the PvP abilities on their bars have a distinct advantage? Or could I, say, spam Broil at Aaron until he stops moving?

Everyone has pvp abilities, you have them as well. However if you have pvp ranked up, you can 'enhance' your pvp abilities! I advise setting up your bar for pvp, and jumping into some 1v1 before you take on Aaron. Hummmm~

There should be some guides over here on https://pvpaissa.com/

I just want to throw Broils at Aaron, though. Like, less, "player versus player" and more "hey, stand over there with this apple on your head and I'm totally not using this as an excuse to shoot stuff at you." Which dueling hopefully provides. Otherwise I'll be disappointed.

Being serious again, so does that mean people who have participated in PvP have abilities that are better than your PvE abilities, or just have the capability to become better for it because they can be enhanced? Would it be fair request for those who haven't PvPed to ask someone they duel against to stick to PvE moves?

I'd ask if PvP gear is also better for these things than PvE gear, but I'm basically assuming that's a given considering PvP gear is designed for... well... PvP. I recall that much from my time PvPing in WoW, but WoW didn't have unique skillsets that were specifically for PvP instead of PvE.

50k per duel though man that's 50k! THAT'S 50K!

Honestly yes, people who have pvp rank 50 are.. a little better. They have shorter cooldowns, their pvp abilities hit you harder/heal harder.

PvP gear is nothing really, the ilvl does not sync in 1v1 duels. When you do the feast you will notice people wearing mishmash of weird shit, from ilvl 180-240, to get the stats they want the most because it syncs your ilvl. If you want crit+det you are gonna pile that on, yeah? I EDITED THIS POST A LOT. I should really go to bed. :lol:

Honestly yes, people who have pvp rank 50 are.. a little better. They have shorter cooldowns, their pvp abilities hit you harder/heal harder.

PvP gear is nothing really, the ilvl does not sync in 1v1 duels. When you do the feast you will notice people wearing mishmash of weird shit, from ilvl 180-240, to get the stats they want the most because it syncs your ilvl. If you want crit+det you are gonna pile that on, yeah? I EDITED THIS POST A LOT. I should really go to bed. :lol:

Oh, I have to pay him for it? Nevermind. I just wanted to be able to throw stuff at Aaron. I can do that out of PvP for free. Just wanted to expand my arsenal some.

That's some interesting stuff to know about PvP in general, though. WoW had its own special stat that was just for PvP (Resilience, I think?) back when I played. And PvP gear was the only place you could get it unless you ruined some PvE gear by socketing some meager Resilience gems into it. So a fully-geared PvEr with their PvE abilities will likely be able to hold their own against a fully-geared PvPer with PvP abilities? Or just at a slight disadvantage? I like the sound of that - makes the barrier of entry much lower for folks who might want to dip into the realm of PvP.

Or just want to enjoy the new Duel function.

The first thing I did when I logged in was duel as a BLM.

Out of probably 12 fights, I won 5. >_>

I never liked PvP as a BLM since we have basically no defensive abilities, so I just need to figure out an actual strategy because what I have now isn't working, apparently.

Once I get Marigold to a good ilvl (so give it 4 months :P), then I'll try dueling since I like PvP as a DRG much better.

Oh, I have to pay him for it? Nevermind. I just wanted to be able to throw stuff at Aaron. I can do that out of PvP for free. Just wanted to expand my arsenal some.

That's some interesting stuff to know about PvP in general, though. WoW had its own special stat that was just for PvP (Resilience, I think?) back when I played. And PvP gear was the only place you could get it unless you ruined some PvE gear by socketing some meager Resilience gems into it. So a fully-geared PvEr with their PvE abilities will likely be able to hold their own against a fully-geared PvPer with PvP abilities? Or just at a slight disadvantage? I like the sound of that - makes the barrier of entry much lower for folks who might want to dip into the realm of PvP.

Or just want to enjoy the new Duel function.

Everyone has PvP actions. Someone who has leveled in PvP will only have those enhanced a bit, usually with a decreased cooldown or enhanced effect. If you're on a Warrior and Duel me, the only difference between us is that my PvP actions will be putting in a bit more work or get to be used more often, which isn't saying a lot considering that most PvP actions are on insane two and a half minute cooldowns anyways.

That said, the difference will shine through more in a 1v1 setting as opposed to say something like Feast where the game displays how woefully out of whack it's PvP ability design is. I still love you, Feast.

. So a fully-geared PvEr with their PvE abilities will likely be able to hold their own against a fully-geared PvPer with PvP abilities?

Everyone has PvP actions. Someone who has leveled in PvP will only have those enhanced a bit, usually with a decreased cooldown or enhanced effect. If you're on a Warrior and Duel me, the only difference between us is that my PvP actions will be put in a bit more work or get to be used more often, which isn't saying a lot considering that most PvP actions are on insane two and a half minute cooldowns anyways.

Oh, I know that. I mean using PvE abilities because those are the ones they have on their bars and are familiar with them. As opposed to switching up your bars for a bunch of new moves you don't know.

. So a fully-geared PvEr with their PvE abilities will likely be able to hold their own against a fully-geared PvPer with PvP abilities?

-----------------

Oh, I know that. I mean using PvE abilities because those are the ones they have on their bars and are familiar with them. As opposed to switching up your bars for a bunch of new moves you don't know.

It's more like having a cupcake (pve skills) and then putting some frosting on top of it (pvp skills)... you're fine eating the cupcake, but it's much better with frosting on top. For example, a healer gets attunement, an ability that is a lot like a shadow priest's dispersion only you can't move and you take a hell of a lot less dmg. I am talking 90% less dmg. So as a white mage, I medica II, regen, use attunement, for 10 seconds I am stuck in one spot but I am taking 90% less dmg. Now I can stack on asylum and sacred prism. (Sacred prism is also a pvp ability..) but really I don't use attunement unless I'm in real trouble.

...if I want to get away I just use repose or fluid aura.

Holy shit, didn't even know people replied to this LOL

1 - No, it's not you paying me 50k. It's us both BETTING 50k a match on who wins. Though, I will admit Sounssy got me a couple times till I found a way to bait those berserk combos. Now it's 50/50 almost whenever I face a WAR.

2 - You can say yes or no to PvP abilities, it's not required.

3 - I actually had done this several times yesterday by screaming it at people in the arena. Made 500k, which I proceeded to blow in jet black dye for glamour.

UGH

-----------------

It's more like having a cupcake (pve skills) and then putting some frosting on top of it (pvp skills)... you're fine eating the cupcake, but it's much better with frosting on top. For example, a healer gets attunement, an ability that is a lot like a shadow priest's dispersion only you can't move and you take a hell of a lot less dmg. I am talking 90% less dmg. So as a white mage, I medica II, regen, use attunement, for 10 seconds I am stuck in one spot but I am taking 90% less dmg. Now I can stack on asylum and sacred prism. (Sacred prism is also a pvp ability..) but really I don't use attunement unless I'm in real trouble.

...if I want to get away I just use repose or fluid aura.

Yeah, it got explained to me in the RPC chatroom how the PvP abilities are basically just big cooldown abilities specifically for PvP. I was under the impression for some reason that PvP had its own set of abilities. Like, replacing-your-entire-rotation-style kind of abilities. It makes a lot more sense how it works now that this distinction was pointed out to me.

Also... *throws apples at Aaron*

tumblr_mi3tn2AP8L1re70joo1_500.gif

3 - I actually had done this several times yesterday by screaming it at people in the arena. Made 500k, which I proceeded to blow in jet black dye for glamour.

UGH

Please chill, I can barely make 500k off the stuff my retainers sell (depending on the week).

Wanna give me 50k for all the PvP duels I lose? :P

Oh. A-A-ron. Duelist extrordinare eh?

Perhaps I should start calling you Aaron Burr.

Dropped any Hamiltons lately?

-snickers-

Its a history joke people! Come on!

I get it! :D

Also, Aaron, I want to duel you just so I can see how quickly I can get my ass kicked. Do I have to put forth 50k? :P

Oh. A-A-ron. Duelist extrordinare eh?

Perhaps I should start calling you Aaron Burr.

Dropped any Hamiltons lately?

-snickers-

Its a history joke people! Come on!

I get it! :D

Also, Aaron, I want to duel you just so I can see how quickly I can get my ass kicked. Do I have to put forth 50k? :P

Eh, first times free. Lol