CJ's Art Thread

Behold my attempts at organization! I draw, a lot. It is my job to draw. But I'll try to save this thread for FFXIV stuff specifically.

Probably most of the artwork will be of my Miqo'te man, a marauder/warrior named Tim'a Fei... Who is slowly coming to life in my head. I'm sure I'll have a very clear picture of him in my mind when A Realm Reborn is finally released. But I will also try to draw many other characters too, my friend's characters, whoever I get to interact with here and in the game! I tend to draw as a method to get to know characters rather than just writing things out. I find it helps me.

I post everything on my tumblr too: http://cassandrajp.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mj1sygnAlN1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_misc2tEe241qck31zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mimk7kxQKY1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

-

-

-

-- I'll Add new Pictures here!

Tim'a Fei with the wrong skin color, it was my first doodle of him.

tumblr_mgok7yKWXT1qck31zo1_400.jpg

I attempted to sketch Shippuu!

tumblr_mj3j1rhacn1qck31zo1_500.jpg

A picture of Tima as child.

tumblr_mj93rkWypP1qck31zo1_500.jpg

Tim'a and Deirdre.

tumblr_mjkw9cW9ZJ1qck31zo1_500.jpg

Tima drinks.

tumblr_mjx3klYqWx1qck31zo1_500.jpg

Portrait doodles.

tumblr_mkkvwnNHHX1qck31zo1_400.jpgtumblr_mkkvwnNHHX1qck31zo2_400.jpg

Study in Armor.

tumblr_mn1v11NLPg1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Tim'a and Aysun.

tumblr_mn7e7zouxe1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Tim'a and Gerik.

tumblr_mnb3kq0FFi1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Tim'a and P'axi.

tumblr_mnie2lrigJ1qck31zo1_500.jpg

Tim'a and Rhio.

tumblr_mnrr68gW8b1qck31zo1_500.jpg

Blacksmith! Tim'a.

FFXIV01.jpg

tumblr_mo12w95dhy1qck31zo3_1280.jpg

Armorer! Ronberku.

tumblr_mnz47lfJWm1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Goldsmith! Alothia.

tumblr_mnz5sn37ov1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Alchemist! P'axi.

tumblr_mo12w95dhy1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Culinarian! Sarah.

tumblr_mo12w95dhy1qck31zo2_1280.jpg

Botanist! Gerik.

tumblr_mo4rrqqF2S1qck31zo2_1280.jpg

Leatherworker! Manari.

tumblr_mo4rrqqF2S1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Miner! Shippuu.

tumblr_moc2p829oX1qck31zo2_1280.jpg

Weaver! Eva.

tumblr_moc2p829oX1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Carpenter! Mtoto.

tumblr_modurwxorj1qck31zo9_1280.jpg

Fisher! Caysen.

tumblr_modurwxorj1qck31zo10_1280.jpg

Tim'a and P'axi break from adventuring.

tumblr_moa9bzze341qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Fire Olive.

tumblr_mofko0gwNX1qck31zo1_500.jpg

Tim'a portrait sketch.

tumblr_mohmd8aG0I1qck31zo1_500.jpg

Deirdre portrait.

tumblr_molpuwKosF1qck31zo1_r1_1280.jpg

Tim'a and P'axi.

tumblr_mpor65IpkX1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

Falling off of cliffs.

tumblr_mq8v7f5djt1qck31zo1_1280.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to have you!

Though I'm curious, what made you pass up FFXIV the first time? And now just getting into it?

A fair question! The game was released right after I graduated college so I was pretty busy trying to get my career going / moving to a new state / other things. So I didn't think I had the time to tackle a MMORPG. Then, it got such bad press that I didn't feel too terribly interested in picking it up and started to forget about it. Until I saw the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in my recommended list on amazon.com and I thought "Oh YEAH! I wonder how that game is doing?" and I began researching about the whole remake of the game and it got me all excited and eager.

Moar artists! I've never been in a community with so many great ones.

I love your lines also, and I'm curious to know if this is all done digitally or if you start with a traditional outline then go digital. I love the style of your bodies-- it's realistic -and- cartoonish, but it's longer and leaner than many of those I've seen so far. Your Miqo looks rugged without being super-muscular, which I wish I could do. My lean guys come out looking kind of anorexic. It might just be the one character though~ I'll be exploring your tumblr to see if you maybe got some others for lookin' at.

** Waitatick. I just went to your deviantArt and realized that I have, in fact, seen your art before! I recognize this: http://cassandrajean.deviantart.com/art/Lolipop-and-Chair-211006084 Hurrah!

Lovely work, I really enjoy the flow of your lines and how smooth they look. Do you lay down a rough sketch first and go over with a pen or is it just straight pen? :3

I do a rough sketch first, but it's insanely rough, mostly for the sake of proportions/composition. Then I do the real drawing. I work digitally so it's easy to work with layers.

Moar artists! I've never been in a community with so many great ones.

I love your lines also, and I'm curious to know if this is all done digitally or if you start with a traditional outline then go digital. I love the style of your bodies-- it's realistic -and- cartoonish, but it's longer and leaner than many of those I've seen so far. Your Miqo looks rugged without being super-muscular, which I wish I could do. My lean guys come out looking kind of anorexic. It might just be the one character though~ I'll be exploring your tumblr to see if you maybe got some others for lookin' at.

** Waitatick. I just went to your deviantArt and realized that I have, in fact, seen your art before! I recognize this: http://cassandrajean.deviantart.com/art/Lolipop-and-Chair-211006084 Hurrah!

(;° ロ°) Th...thank you! And I can't believe you recognized my stuff, thanks! My drawings are all done completely digitally. I've been drawing digitally for a LONG time (jeez uh... 11 years?) so it comes to me as easily as traditional pencil and paper.

@EVERYONE

Thanks!! I will try to keep posting more FFXVI art! I've been looking at all of your characters too....

I wanted to attempt drawing a Lalafell so I drew Shippuu... I REALLY HOPE YOU DONT MIND! I tried to draw him tough and cool but it ended up adorable. I'm sorry...

so sorry....auugh... I don't know why he's carrying a raging ram. But the raging ram is the least raging creature I've ever seen.

tumblr_mj3j1rhacn1qck31zo1_500.jpg

I wanted to attempt drawing a Lalafell so I drew Shippuu... I REALLY HOPE YOU DONT MIND! I tried to draw him tough and cool but it ended up adorable. I'm sorry...

so sorry....auugh... I don't know why he's carrying a raging ram. But the raging ram is the least raging creature I've ever seen.

D:

Amaaaazziiiiing. What an awesome surprise to wake up to!

And story of mah life. Try to be tough and cool, always come off adorable. The curse of being a lalafell!

I'm gonna have to draw your manqo'te in return I think!

D:

Amaaaazziiiiing. What an awesome surprise to wake up to!

And story of mah life. Try to be tough and cool, always come off adorable. The curse of being a lalafell!

I'm gonna have to draw your manqo'te in return I think!

Phew! Well then, I'm glad you like it! Just so...so tiny and cute... *squishes all the lalafell cheeks*

Phew! Well then, I'm glad you like it! Just so...so tiny and cute... *squishes all the lalafell cheeks*

I'm now literally going to picture Ship like this at all times. The fact that he's trying so hard just makes it better.

I'm now literally going to picture Ship like this at all times.  The fact that he's trying so hard just makes it better.

I am too...and I'm going to always wonder if he's secretly Scottish~.

Oooh! I love your style; it has such a confident feel in the lines. Scribbly and relaxed, but they all go together so well for beautiful anatomy and details.

The latest one is really adorable as well! <3

I'll be lurking around here, but just wanted to say lovely work. :>