Let us start a new RP community on Faerie.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the coalition, I'm glad to have found such an organized, and apparently large group of roleplayers for FFXIV, but now I see that, sadly, most of you have chosen the inaccessible Balmung server as home for your characters.

I've been on FFXIV for a few months now, invited by a friend who used to be on the Balmung server. Long story short, all attemps to enter Balmung failed and he ended up moving to Faerie, so we could play together. This makes the path before me clear; I'll have to find or make a group of RPlayers on Faerie.

It's no small task, I'm aware, but I've begun shouting around and I've come across a few people interested in light-medium roleplay, and that's a start, so I'll just leave the invitation open here for anyone wishing to RP on this server. 

I'm looking to roleplay what will be my first playthrough, and discover the game as my character discovers Eorzea, and while I'd love to do this alongside another beginner, if you aren't precisely new, that doesn't mean we can't make it work.

Leave a message with your character's name if you are interested, and let's get it rolling :thumbsup:

Welcome!

Just as an FYI, the sure fire way to get on Balmung is the $18 transfer fee. Characters need to be 72 hours old to qualify for transfer, which isn't something they really say anywhere. You are able to move up to 8 characters at once for a single transfer.

Either way, good luck!

Every time I see one of these threads, I struggle between just saying:

"Look, I know you know how much work and organization this will take, but you don't, countless others have tried. Just transfer to Balmung"

or

"Good luck, and hope it works out for you!" while preparing to post in their Welcome thread as soon as they realize this themselves and transfer to Balmung.

However if that's truly what you are to do, I do wish you the best of luck with your endeavor!

"Good luck, and hope it works out for you!" while preparing to post in their Welcome thread as soon as they realize this themselves and transfer to Balmung.

Chose response #2 for this type of thread.

You'll live. Just make characters on another server and transfer to Balmung (or even Gilgamesh, but for some reason I haven't heard much from them recently news wise...) if the new attempt to make another community doesn't pan out well.

And another quick warning with new communities. You may find yourself desperately seeking new RP.

Honestly, I was expecting the 3 replies to be from Faerie players who wished to join, still, thank you all for the warnings. I noticed, however, that you all assure me I can just move to Balmung when the official SE world transfer info clearly states you cannot apply for transfer to a character creation restricted world.

Taking this into consideration, makes the Balmung community completely negated to new players such as myself, leaving us with little choice but to try and form a group in our respective servers, and that's what I'm trying to do.

I suppose I could have chosen the words for the thread's title a bit more carefully. I don't really expect to muster an army of roleplayers on Faerie, just to gather what players I can find and form a small group outside of Balmung for those who can't/won't trasfer.

So, I'll just leave the invitation here, in case someone interested passes through :]

Honestly, I was expecting the 3 replies to be from Faerie players who wished to join, still, thank you all for the warnings. I noticed, however, that you all assure me I can just move to Balmung when the official SE world transfer info clearly states you cannot apply for transfer to a character creation restricted world.

Taking this into consideration, makes the Balmung community completely negated to new players such as myself, leaving us with little choice but to try and form a group in our respective servers, and that's what I'm trying to do.

I suppose I could have chosen the words for the thread's title a bit more carefully. I don't really expect to muster an army of roleplayers on Faerie, just to gather what players I can find and form a small group outside of Balmung for those who can't/won't trasfer.

So, I'll just leave the invitation here, in case someone interested passes through :]

Nah, you can still transfer to a restricted server. It says that, but you still can.

As Flashhelix said, SE's website is a dirty liar. You can definitely still transfer to Balmung, and the $18 fee includes up to 8 characters at once (so if a transferring player feels they may one day wish to play alts, they'd be wise to create a full stable of characters in advance, log in on each one to clear any veteran reward mail from their mailbox, and then park them for 72 hours, then transfer them all at once for the single cost).

Here's how I look at it:

Don't think of it as a fee. Think of it as a DLC. Functionally speaking, RP outside of Balmung is spotty and rumored-but-not-confirmed. Mentions of it pop up now and then and go silent almost as quickly. On the other hand, RP on Balmung is pretty much guaranteed. So in a sense, the $18 is buying a DLC which adds an RP community to FF14. 

Plus, on Balmung we don't get gold farmer spam messages, because the gold farmers won't pay to transfer onto the server.

A downside of Balmung is that you will realistically probably never own a house in the foreseeable future. However, on a different server, you might own a house - but not have any RP friends to come visit it anyway, so... not... really much point in having it... kinda.

Anyway!

If you decide to have a go on another server, you're definitely in for some hard work to try and get something going that won't end up insular. If you have the time and the energy for that, awesome! On the other hand, if you have that much time and energy, you probably could apply that to the real world in a way that'd let you earn $18, and then bam, here you are on Balmung where you don't need to treat RP like a job to make it happen. :D

Umm... I'll join?

I have characters on Balmung. I also have characters on Gilgamesh. (In fact, that's where I usually play.) To be perfectly honest, RP on Gilgamesh is basically dead. There were scandals and who knows what all. (I mean, people still RP there, but none of it is my kind of thing and what I've found is not very open to outsiders.)

As for Balmung, well, I don't want to pay $18 every time I come up with a new character concept because that happens to me a lot. If you want someone to RP with on Faerie, then sign me up.

Umm... I'll join?

I have characters on Balmung. I also have characters on Gilgamesh. (In fact, that's where I usually play.) To be perfectly honest, RP on Gilgamesh is basically dead. There were scandals and who knows what all. (I mean, people still RP there, but none of it is my kind of thing and what I've found is not very open to outsiders.)

As for Balmung, well, I don't want to pay $18 every time I come up with a new character concept because that happens to me a lot. If you want someone to RP with on Faerie, then sign me up.

That's why you create a whole server full of characters then just transfer all of them at once, for only $18. Sure beats the hell out of every few months paying an additional $18.00 to transfer.

I will agree that it does suck that about the only reliable options to getting into Balmung is a paid transfer. On the other hand, I wouldn't have it any other way. ZERO gil spam on Balmung because of it.

That's why you create a whole server full of characters then just transfer all of them at once, for only $18. Sure beats the hell out of every few months paying an additional $18.00 to transfer.

I will agree that it does suck that about the only reliable options to getting into Balmung is a paid transfer. On the other hand, I wouldn't have it any other way. ZERO gil spam on Balmung because of it.

It's true. I imagine that I would RP on Balmung more often, but most of my old RP buddies have since quit the game, and I haven't found a new group to hang out with. Then again, that's my own fault as I haven't really put any effort into finding one just yet.

I'm certainly still interested in RPing on Faerie though. It's where I send all my friends who are new to the game and aren't sure they want to put in the extra money (or can't afford) to get to Gilgamesh or Balmung. Having another reason to put time into the server would be good.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been incredibly busy these last two days.

@Flashhelix, Sena Varont & SicketySix, well, it's good to know that transfers are still possible regardless of what the SE website says, thank you for clearing that out. And Sena, thanks for sharing with me your thoughts on the matter, however cost is not really the issue here, the problem is that I already brought all my friends into Faerie, including one transfer from Balmung, because of that bit of misinformation by SE.

I got sick of transferring to Balmung every time I create a new character so I now I pretty much only RP solo, usually along with the main story.

That's where I am at right now, solo-roleplaying the questlines, come to Faerie with us. 

Umm... I'll join?

That's great, this is what I have in mind;

Our RP will be travel themed, ever on the move as we follow the questlines, this is a very helpful tool, since the very implications of the theme, such as the need/search for supplies, rest and shelter, provide significant plot material by themselves.

From what I've seen, the game's landscape design and level of detail are good enough and allow for immersive play, without too much of an effort, so we can pick up on gameplay elements such as FATE's or weather conditions and roll them into our RP. 

There are also a few negative elements, though, which can't really be RP'd and have to be ignored. [e.g. the occasional random guy riding the fat chocobo running and jumping around us, or the infamous cookie/tea delivery quests.]

We'll use normal chat for IC dialogue, * for detail, and [[double parenthesis]] for OOC talk.

To start just leave me your character's info and your gaming hours.

I'm usually on from UTC-8  7:30am-2:00pm, and here's what you need to know about my character;  Her name is Alysea, but my IGN is Knight Commander, so add me as the later.

PROFILE_zpsf941hfyz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Although I'm not at the point right now where I have enough time to roll another new character (maybe sometime in the future), I actually do know 1-2 RPers from another game who have characters on Faerie and would be interested to hear about potential RP on that server. :)

One of them is named Kaerri Rainshadow if you want to get in contact with her. She also has an alt named Cerisanthe Caponael

• 2 weeks later...

New player here. One of the first people I met in Faerie was a 100% full time RPer. I thought it was different and added a whole new cinematic flavor to the game. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I haven't seen him around in weeks so he probably cancelled his sub. That said, I'd like to meet some other role players on the server. My interest is probably more on the casual side, though I'd be open to pursuing some story content as well. I'd just prefer not to make it completely regimented with scheduling and hard rules (I've heard that Balmung can be kinda unforgiving in this way).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Just rolled a new character (I played briefly about a year ago but have never gotten a character past 30). I decided to roll on Faerie after seeing this post. It seemed like a better idea than getting trapped on Balmung in the event that any RL friend wants to try the game out with me someday. ;)

At any rate, I am super casual because of my work schedule but I'm happy to meet you guys in game. :) I've been an RPer for ages in many different formats and games.

I'll shoot you a PM!

• 1 month later...

This is a really super duper late reply but I wouldn't mind supporting this since my main character is from Faerie :P

You guys should leave your IGNs so that we can all meet and chat xD

(I just replied now cos I keep forgetting about it @_@ But now that I'm AFKing in Faerie, I was reminded of it :D)

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if this is some necromancy here but if this is still a thing my friend and I are definitely down. We're both new to the game and whole balmung sounds great it sounds a tad extreme from what we have gathered. Plus we're cheap bastards who don't want to spring for the cash or stay up all night in a hopeful attempt to get it. Nonetheless we've been running around IC with the hopes of finding more people to foster some semblance of a group/community. Call us hopeful but the "just go balmung" is a tad jaded sounding to us amongst our other reservations. But yeah, names Fiachna Unseelie in game, hopefully this works out.